UNO ! (Waitlist) fun draft! entire database open! Topic

Rules clarification...can each team only be selected once? If the first round begins with the Yankees, can the second round also begin with the Yankees?
7/31/2013 6:30 PM
Posted by toddleduc on 7/26/2013 11:10:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dcmatcheck on 7/25/2013 11:37:00 PM (view original):
Question- if a team has been used once, is it off the board? For example, if the Indians are chosen in round 1, then the Red Sox in round 2' can a reverse card be played by someone to pick another Indian?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
good question dc- once a team is Reversed or is used in a Round it is Dead and can't be picked again.
Players can be still picked from that team as a Wild Card selection or in the free for all Round 25.

Does this answer your question?
7/31/2013 8:14 PM
I'm in. I do have a concern, perhaps I dont nderstand. Drafting across multiple rounds will not only be confusing but could lead to massive problems. Everyone will have the incentive to draft their round 1 and simultaneously branch out to get the player they want-- round 1, pick 2 takes his player and simultaneously should take round 2 pick 1. This will lead to manger 3 taking his 1.3, his 2.2, and his 3.1 simultaneously. This really starts to matter for those n the 10-15 slot in round 1.. If I have pick 10 in round 1 then I could strategically draft to have 10 players (2.9, 3.8, 4.7, 5.6, 6.5, 7.4, 8.3, 9.2, 10.1) before manager in the 11 spot has a single player. Then 11 would do the same, etc....

I'd go round by round, slower but necessay.

7/31/2013 8:18 PM
hey Mike & welcome !

Valid point- we have decided to go slower in holding off starting a new Round untik after a reverse card has been played or we arw sure that the players still left to pick have already played theirs. Over 9 versions of UNO on the LIVE play side we never got more than a Round or two started ahead of schedule. With having to wait for Reverse Cards to be potentialy be played before starting the Next Round we will be going slower. Also there's not an automatic advantage to being near the top as you drop down to 24th after you pick your team/round. All in all with all of the talent in the entire database and a $120 mil cap- we should all be able to put together pretty good teams- just a little different draft format than most Leagues which is the beauty of UNO
7/31/2013 9:09 PM
It looks challenging enough going round-by-round. I'll give it a try.
7/31/2013 9:58 PM
I've been following this theme league for a week or so now.  I'm going to regret this because a) I haven't quite figured out a good WIS team and b) the semester starts in three weeks and work is extremely busy around that time.  As long as someone volunteers to be my guardian angel and look over my team if I happen to miss a pick due to being busy, I'll gladly join.
8/1/2013 8:09 AM
welcome aboard jvt & mark !  
Yes- it seems like going slowly is the best way to go this time- and I can definitely keep and eye out for you, Mark.   
8/1/2013 9:16 AM
This sounds like a lot of fun. I'll take the last spot.
8/1/2013 9:45 AM
I don't play a lot of leagues anymore but I am looking forward to this!
8/1/2013 10:57 AM
awesome shaw !  glad to have you ! 
The Waitlist is open for anyone who may still want in- we inevitably may have a drop or two...
8/1/2013 11:09 AM
Filled so does this mean we will start soon??
8/1/2013 3:49 PM
yes...and no...lol... just sent everyone a sitemail.  Got a 7th anniversary beach getaway with the wife next Wednesday - Sunday & there's only so much WIS I can sneak in from my phone before she'll beat me over the head with it  :-))  So we'll do what we can off-clock & go full speed starting Monday the 12th
8/1/2013 4:04 PM
Need 1 ! Fun Draft ! Check out the setup in the Theme Leagues Forun
8/4/2013 12:51 AM

I will play this looks like fun

8/4/2013 3:42 AM
Waitlist:
(1)  thebubbaq
8/5/2013 10:14 AM
◂ Prev 12345
UNO ! (Waitlist) fun draft! entire database open! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.