With some newly established owners probably being interested, does anyone think we could have another attempt at BOWIS? I know we haven't tried in probably a year and a half and that one fell just a few owners shy, it got to the point where we were even picking themes, but then a couple droped ot and we lost it. Thoughts?
6/16/2013 10:53 AM
If we try this again, I'd suggest making the tournament be 4 themes (instead of 6).
6/16/2013 3:00 PM
id be interested in running some kind of bowis draft tournament

47 mil...52 mil....double draft(each conference has its own draft at 50mil)....and maybe a blacklist draft

all going at once....that would be some wild fun imo

6/16/2013 11:48 PM
I've only been on this site for 9 months and am unfamiliar with what BOWIS is. Could someone please explain? I'm always interested in new theme leagues.
6/17/2013 12:53 AM
it's a tournament that pretty much kills many long-running theme leagues and ultimately is bad for the site.

sorry for the negativity... but it's the truth.

6/17/2013 4:24 PM
Posted by benhoidal on 6/17/2013 12:53:00 AM (view original):
I've only been on this site for 9 months and am unfamiliar with what BOWIS is. Could someone please explain? I'm always interested in new theme leagues.
The last BOWIS tournaments were in 2010 (I won this one) and 2011.  Basically, you were in 6 leagues all at once, each with different rules.  The baseball sim holds a tournament every year (it's 2 rounds of 6 leagues apiece).
6/17/2013 6:23 PM
I would be interested
6/17/2013 7:13 PM
Posted by ashamael on 6/17/2013 4:24:00 PM (view original):
it's a tournament that pretty much kills many long-running theme leagues and ultimately is bad for the site.

sorry for the negativity... but it's the truth.

I don't think the BOWIS is bad for the site, just like I don't think the mlb tournament is bad for the site.
6/18/2013 6:24 PM
lot more owners on the baseball part of the site
6/18/2013 7:51 PM
In the days before WIS turned their product into a random-result piece of crap that chased away users by the dozens, when coupled with their total lack of customer service to NBA SIM, the Best of WIS did have a way of killing any other Theme Leagues, because it occupied a large group of owners (at least 36 many times) with 4 teams each (out of 6 total Leagues).  What I didn't like was 4 teams at a time, and that all owners weren't in all the same Leagues.  That said, if there is a group of 24 owners who wants to do a Tourney with 3 teams each, at different salary levels, with different team formation (such as draft, open, historic team/season, or whatever), count me in.  Unfortunately, it's so incredibly difficult to get just one league to fill any more, and that's even with owners having multiple teams, that I don't see it happening.  Now, if WIS ever gets off their azzes, takes the randomness out of their game, and starts paying attention to the NBA SIM again (hey, I can dream can't I) we'd have no problem.
6/18/2013 10:02 PM
I would be in.
6/20/2013 2:51 PM
All3 is right on all points. I'm in for 4 teams - try to get WIS to really reward this!! I think we should also have a minimum owner ranking at first.
6/22/2013 5:16 PM
I believe they will only match a reward if it's 5 or 6 teams.
6/24/2013 5:36 PM
I'd be interested - I'd recommend an open 45-47m cap, a mid cap draft league, a random historic theme and whatever wild card  4 teams is ok but 6 teams is a lot
6/24/2013 8:17 PM
Yes I'll be in for 3 or 4 teams.  6 was just too much
6/24/2013 8:24 PM
123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.