Pitchers in general don't matter but I do think lefties hold runners better and allow a lower steal %
12/13/2013 12:56 AM
Posted by mensu1954 on 12/7/2013 3:58:00 AM (view original):
Not 100% on this, but I don't think there is a hold rating for pitchers.  If that is correct, I'm not sure why WIS would even have a stat for steals against a pitcher.  I guess they just copy from RL MLB stats kept for the most part.
The defensive CS rate is supposed to be a composite of the pitcher and catcher (although I am unconvinced it is an average).
12/16/2013 1:06 AM
Posted by jfranco77 on 12/13/2013 12:56:00 AM (view original):
Pitchers in general don't matter but I do think lefties hold runners better and allow a lower steal %
That's what we found years ago in a test league. It was the beat LeMay Ripper league.
12/17/2013 4:37 PM
Interesting thread.  One issue I haven't seen you discuss yet on this topic is the base stealer's speed.  Much like the catcher's throwing arm, the runner's speed must be a factor as well in regards to attempts and success.  Would a runner with 90 speed and 15/15 SB/CS thrive as a base stealer in Sim vs a baserunner with 80 speed?  Or is it simply the SB/CS ratio when it comes to base stealing but speed will take an extra base more easily during a play? 
12/18/2013 6:00 PM
There is a cheap version of Jimmy Rollins who is 3/3 in SBs and I've drafted him to use as a pinch runner but I find he isn't used thta often.  His speed is only 80.  Perhaps that is why? Or perhaps I just haven't had situations dictate the pinch runner.  I've also used Lee Tinsley who is 2/4 SBs but his speed is 93 and he was used more as a pinch runner, although he didn't attempt to steal. It was more of a putting him on first base to see if he could score on a double type move. 
12/18/2013 6:03 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.