2013 Offseason Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
No. Lin and Asik will be paid the high amount, but only count 8M+ to the cap. It makes no sense, but it's how it works. Look it up.
7/7/2013 3:36 PM
As for malone... Please tell me more about how Kobe did in the playoffs last season.

For all of the praise for Morey, they've had nothing to show for it on the court. Some of the GSW moves were made under a different regime, I dunno how you're going to fault Bob Myers for Beidris. Myers got Jefferson to get a 1st rounder. Bogut was a good gamble as Monta Ellis and Curry wasn't working together.

Asik is a center with no offensive game outside of 5 feet. He's gotta go.
7/7/2013 3:44 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 7/7/2013 3:36:00 PM (view original):
No. Lin and Asik will be paid the high amount, but only count 8M+ to the cap. It makes no sense, but it's how it works. Look it up.
not for the trade partner, that is to say while the Rockets can push Asik's 5m contract to the Pelican's for their 9m Anderson contract and it will be considered within the acceptable variable for a capped team due to what you're saying it will still count as 15m against the pelican's cap in the second year
7/7/2013 3:59 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
If I say I think Golden State has a better team than Houston, am I going to get called nasty names?  I look at it position-by-position, and to me it's obvious.  Curry is much better than Lin could ever hope to be, both as a shooter and a ball-handler, Thompson is a better shooter than Harden even if not the "pure" scorer, Barnes' rookie numbers compare nicely to Parsons' and I think they'll be very comparable players but must admit Parsons has set the progression curve pretty high, Lee is miles better than Asik, and GS's bench is better.  That's my opinion, and it will never be proven right or wrong.
7/7/2013 8:01 PM
Posted by malone9975 on 7/7/2013 6:41:00 PM (view original):
Stinenavy my reference was to how younger players do in early in their playoff careers and that was my reference to Kobe. Not last years playoffs.

Felonius. Nice try. I am not smokey or one of the other guys on this site you can try to verbally push around you retard. Yes I hate the Lakers. Yes I hate Kobe and it is fun to stick the knife in any chance I get because Laker fans are typically entitled. You fit this to the letter. I love how you assume your infallibility to point that it shows just how wrong you are.

I draw parallels to past teams because it is something we can look at and see results. Do you really think you have to remind me of the differences between today's game and that of days gone by. I had season tickets to those Rockets and saw all the games. I don't think you have to try an educate me. One can draw comparisons it isn't insane

I am growing tired of you. You are a two year old that can only see and understand your own point of view. You still lack the ability to embrace the fact that you may be wrong and here you are. Maybe I am this first to tell you that. Perhaps I am not. In either way sorry. I had to tell you though. I couldn't let you walk the the rest of your life like the dumbass you have been for the first half of it.
all you've done here is show your *** - that's fine but don't act like we're actually having a conversation - I've made points you're the one crying and throwing around insults

I draw parallels to past teams because it is something we can look at and see results. Do you really think you have to remind me of the differences between today's game and that of days gone by. I had season tickets to those Rockets and saw all the games. I don't think you have to try an educate me. One can draw comparisons it isn't insane  

comparing Asik to Thorpe is dumb on a number of counts - it is clear that you don't know anything about either - for starters one was a 6'9" 220 lbr with a jump shot, the other is a barely mobile 7 footer with no offensive component to his game at all - further prior to the 01-02 season the league did away with illegal defense meaning that even if Thorpe was the player you mistakenly claim he was the success enjoyed by the rockets of the mid 90s would be beside the point since the rules that allowed that success in your delusional world view have changed

since however you want to bring those teams up allow me to point out that the actual model used by those rockets frequently featured Robert Horry as a stretch 4

I am growing tired of you. You are a two year old that can only see and understand your own point of view. You still lack the ability to embrace the fact that you may be wrong and here you are. Maybe I am this first to tell you that. Perhaps I am not. In either way sorry. I had to tell you though. I couldn't let you walk the the rest of your life like the dumbass you have been for the first half of it.

man Freudian projection sure is a ***** - you haven't put forward 3 points this whole thread but you sure have been slinging around insults and showing your *** - better take a look in the mirror
7/7/2013 8:18 PM (edited)
and meanwhile you haven't addressed the central question which is why Houston over GSW?
7/7/2013 8:21 PM
Curry CAN'T stay healthy.  That probably was in Howards head (that and probably some dumbass twitter thought he had).
7/8/2013 2:55 PM
Posted by felonius on 7/7/2013 8:21:00 PM (view original):
and meanwhile you haven't addressed the central question which is why Houston over GSW?
Coaching and Curry's injuries.

Look, both squads are young and have talent.  GSW might have a better team....slightly, but look at the coaching.  McHale and Hakeem (who Dwight has already trained with).  I HATE Howard, but it looks like he FINALLY made a basketball decision, instead of a "Look at me....i'm a star" move.
7/8/2013 2:59 PM
Curry has had one significant injury from which he's clearly recovered playing in 78 games last season and posting his best full season numbers ever

and McHale over Jackson as a coach? I don't see that. I do get that Dwight has worked with Hakeem (not to mention Ewing) in the past, so I can see the comfort level there but at the same time we have yet to see any results on the floor

I'd even go so far as to stir controversy by saying that even with Howard on Houston I think GSW is arguably the better team - Houston has to move Asik for a better fit player to change my mind on that
7/8/2013 3:18 PM (edited)
Curry always has issues with ankle injuries.  They aren't significant yet...but he's missed games and is playing banged up.  Like i said, he's always injures.  He's played through the pain (which is admirable).....

McHale is a big man.  He can coach Howard up along with Hakeem.   Will it mean he gets better....who knows. 

7/8/2013 3:50 PM
McHale can coach?
7/8/2013 3:58 PM
Posted by felonius on 7/8/2013 3:58:00 PM (view original):
McHale can coach?
He sure knows how to play the game as a big.  He could teach Howard a few things....that's for sure.
7/8/2013 4:55 PM
maybe
7/8/2013 5:00 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
2013 Offseason Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.