After many seasons of GD....I have decided Topic

Good discussion here. I won National Championships two of the last three seasons in D1A and can't tell you why. When I won them in the old version, it was because I had a great team with depth and a good gameplan.
7/14/2013 10:10 PM
Posted by awags on 7/14/2013 10:10:00 PM (view original):
Good discussion here. I won National Championships two of the last three seasons in D1A and can't tell you why. When I won them in the old version, it was because I had a great team with depth and a good gameplan.
so which of those 3 things is missing from your current Penn State squad...the great team, the depth or the good gameplan?
7/15/2013 1:14 AM
Posted by andrew5975 on 7/15/2013 1:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by awags on 7/14/2013 10:10:00 PM (view original):
so which of those 3 things is missing from your current Penn State squad...the great team, the depth or the good gameplan?
My last title had no relationship between the gameplan and the results. Although it had great depth, that was never a factor as the reserves barely played. This past season the team suffered the most losses that I have had as a coach there. There wasn't really any drop off in talent and the QB had an extra season of experience.
7/15/2013 7:32 AM
Well congrats on the titles then I guess, awags. I'm still holding out hope that 3.0 will get its crap together.

I don't even log on daily anymore. I used to spend almost all my free time on here, on the forums, tweaking gameplans...
7/15/2013 8:57 AM
I still don't get the "now anyone can win" argument, and I've ask this question 1,000 times with no legit answer. Id it's so random, and anyone can win, how & why do certain coaches win numerous NT's and have winning % through the roof?
7/18/2013 11:39 PM
Posted by coach_deen on 7/18/2013 11:39:00 PM (view original):
I still don't get the "now anyone can win" argument, and I've ask this question 1,000 times with no legit answer. Id it's so random, and anyone can win, how & why do certain coaches win numerous NT's and have winning % through the roof?
I have won 4 NC in version 2.0 at DIII and at D1A. I can tell you that the reason was that I recruited a great set of key players and with 3 - 4 game plans out manuvered good teams to win 3 of the 4 (the 4th I had the benefits of unknown upsets of better teams by the teams I beat - lucky run). Did I game plan better? I don't think so - all were with one offensive formation (3x Pro, 1x WB). The game is set that anyone who gets to the highest vision level (or elite in D1A) and recruits the best players will have the best shot at overcoming the random results of 2.0. Game planning has some impact but not enough to make a definite difference for every contest.

So - as to your argument to "now anyone can win" would be that if you stick with a team long enough to get the best vision, your win % will be high and you will have the same chance as all others with high vision as no other factor plays as big a part as the recruiting advantage.
7/19/2013 1:22 AM
◂ Prev 123
After many seasons of GD....I have decided Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.