Another 2 Teams 1 World Situation Topic

I must be slow, what is stinenavy's alleged agenda?
7/2/2013 12:00 PM
I'm not sure exactly, but it seems to involve publicly shaming anyone with two teams in one world, whether or not they are following the Fair Play guidelines. 
7/2/2013 12:44 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
7/2/2013 1:00 PM
Posted by tarvolon on 7/2/2013 12:44:00 PM (view original):
I'm not sure exactly, but it seems to involve publicly shaming anyone with two teams in one world, whether or not they are following the Fair Play guidelines. 
yes... and  the original post in no way shape or form described the "actual" situation which occurred. The accused had to come forward to state his case which would not have been necessary if there were no agenda here. Not to mention the striking similarities of this thread and the billyg thread not too long ago. Seems very agenda driven to me but that is my opinion.
7/2/2013 1:01 PM

stine reminds me of Col. Flagg from M*A*S*H.

7/2/2013 1:17 PM
Posted by bluechip28 on 7/2/2013 1:17:00 PM (view original):

stine reminds me of Col. Flagg from M*A*S*H.

Whoa whoa some of us young folks didn't grow up on MASH
7/2/2013 1:36 PM
Sorry about that payne  :)

I can't really give him a description that will do his character justice. The word "paranoid" comes to mind, though. I found a brief description on a M*A*S*H site and then one of my favorite Col. Flagg quotes.

Colonel Flagg did everything he felt was necessary to protect "the American way of life" and win the war. For him, this task included selling penicillin for information and having a wounded North Korean operated on so that he could face execution later. Flagg always had his own ridiculous conspiracy theories and even more ridiculous plans. He strongly disliked Hawkeye, Trapper, and B.J. because they wouldn't cooperate with him and his plans.

"Nobody can get the truth out of me because even I don't know what it is. I keep myself in a constant state of utter confusion."
7/2/2013 1:46 PM (edited)
Posted by gillispie on 7/2/2013 8:53:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 7/1/2013 8:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie on 7/1/2013 8:19:00 PM (view original):
awww, i thought you loved me, emy. devastated doesn't even begin to describe it.
Weren't you supposed to be "hanging it up" ?
yeah, i had not spent a second here for a couple weeks, until late friday when i wanted to avoid starting something new, about a half hour before i went home. but really i didnt find much of interest, just jet's thread on rebounding, so i figured id keep an eye on it... and in doing so posted in a couple other threads. but that has pretty much wound down it seems, so ill probably pop back in a few weeks from now when i get bored... i didnt really intend to do so when i dropped all my teams, but hey, **** happens. besides, i still have a half-written d1 guide i plan to finish (added a section a week ago), and some other things that keep this on my mind. so in reality ill probably check in from time to time to see if theres anything interesting. or maybe not. guess we'll see.
hahaha, reminds me of all those trekkies that started writing fan fiction after the series were cancelled. I guess nerdship comes in many different shapes and sizes (of which quite a few could probably apply to me).

Dude, just pick up another team already, you know you want to. The first rule of using the old "I'm taking my ball and going home" routine, is to actually take your ball with you when you go home.

7/2/2013 2:23 PM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 7/2/2013 2:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie on 7/2/2013 8:53:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 7/1/2013 8:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie on 7/1/2013 8:19:00 PM (view original):
awww, i thought you loved me, emy. devastated doesn't even begin to describe it.
Weren't you supposed to be "hanging it up" ?
yeah, i had not spent a second here for a couple weeks, until late friday when i wanted to avoid starting something new, about a half hour before i went home. but really i didnt find much of interest, just jet's thread on rebounding, so i figured id keep an eye on it... and in doing so posted in a couple other threads. but that has pretty much wound down it seems, so ill probably pop back in a few weeks from now when i get bored... i didnt really intend to do so when i dropped all my teams, but hey, **** happens. besides, i still have a half-written d1 guide i plan to finish (added a section a week ago), and some other things that keep this on my mind. so in reality ill probably check in from time to time to see if theres anything interesting. or maybe not. guess we'll see.
hahaha, reminds me of all those trekkies that started writing fan fiction after the series were cancelled. I guess nerdship comes in many different shapes and sizes (of which quite a few could probably apply to me).

Dude, just pick up another team already, you know you want to. The first rule of using the old "I'm taking my ball and going home" routine, is to actually take your ball with you when you go home.

i have no idea what you mean with either analogy. maybe you can explain it to me in a couple weeks when i check back in?
7/2/2013 3:21 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by stinenavy on 6/30/2013 2:02:00 PM (view original):
In Rupp, UCLA (oldman_sons) and Oregon (stinenavy) are in a battle over a recruit. Signings started last night. Illinois (jdno) has come in to the battle, but he has a team in the Pac 10, Stanford (jdno2).

With all the hubbub about the multiple teams in one world there was a consensus where if they were allowed there shouldn't be any benefit. Clearly jdno will benefit since he is attempting to take a player away from conference mates of his other username.

Fair? Foul?
At the risk of getting my *** kicked ... this seems a legitimate dilemma.

Should Illinois be restricted from recruiting against Stanford's Pac-10 conference mates ?

Stanford certainly benefits form Illinois recruiting against other Pac-10 teams.

Two teams in the same division is a dubious propisition from the start .... 1000 miles or not.

Seems like half the posts here are aimed at denigrating the initial poster more than addressing the issue.

Did jdno do anything wrong? Probably not. 

But should it be wrong? Probably yes.
7/3/2013 8:59 PM
Posted by TRrrr on 7/3/2013 8:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by stinenavy on 6/30/2013 2:02:00 PM (view original):
In Rupp, UCLA (oldman_sons) and Oregon (stinenavy) are in a battle over a recruit. Signings started last night. Illinois (jdno) has come in to the battle, but he has a team in the Pac 10, Stanford (jdno2).

With all the hubbub about the multiple teams in one world there was a consensus where if they were allowed there shouldn't be any benefit. Clearly jdno will benefit since he is attempting to take a player away from conference mates of his other username.

Fair? Foul?
At the risk of getting my *** kicked ... this seems a legitimate dilemma.

Should Illinois be restricted from recruiting against Stanford's Pac-10 conference mates ?

Stanford certainly benefits form Illinois recruiting against other Pac-10 teams.

Two teams in the same division is a dubious propisition from the start .... 1000 miles or not.

Seems like half the posts here are aimed at denigrating the initial poster more than addressing the issue.

Did jdno do anything wrong? Probably not. 

But should it be wrong? Probably yes.
I had avoided this thread, but I'll throw in my 2 cents.  The facts make a difference here.  As I understand it, Stanford was not involved with the recruit in question and was not battling these 2 schools for other recruits, the schools battling for the recruit were in Oregon & California, but the recruit was in Wyoming.  

Based on those facts, jdno wasn't directly using his Illinois team's budget to benefit Stanford, but just going after a recruit that he thought he could win.  I doubt he had any special knowledge gained from having a team in the Pac-10 that he couldn't have figured out otherwise.  The argument that he might have preferred to steal this recruit from his in-conference rivals is tenuous.  

Change the facts and it might get closer.  Examples: put the recruit in Nevada or Washington, say that Standford did FSS the recruit's state, say Stanford contacted the recruit with a couple scouting trips and/or coach calls.  Sure, but, as the information stands, I don't think you can jump to the conclusion that this even should be frowned upon (except in the form of nasty messages on the coaches corner).

7/3/2013 9:15 PM
◂ Prev 12345
Another 2 Teams 1 World Situation Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.