ANOTHER 2-team thread Topic

I think everyone could make a more informed opinion if we had...

users
recruits in question (how good are they? what are the schools needs? etc)
schools (and are the guy's schools 1000 miles apart)

A proper investigation can't be done if you don't have all the evidence.  Personally, I think your friend is being a crybaby.  If he wants to have a conversation about that, then fine, but the ultimate F-U in a situation like that is to win the recruit(s).  Part of what's going on here is arguably money mismanagement on myfriend's end too...if you think/assume you've got the guy just because he's only considering you at any point and you lose out on him...that's your fault.  Noble men fight.

7/3/2013 12:53 PM
ah ok... gotta read more.. this is foul. Hope CS does something for your friend.
7/3/2013 12:54 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 7/3/2013 12:53:00 PM (view original):
I think everyone could make a more informed opinion if we had...

users
recruits in question (how good are they? what are the schools needs? etc)
schools (and are the guy's schools 1000 miles apart)

A proper investigation can't be done if you don't have all the evidence.  Personally, I think your friend is being a crybaby.  If he wants to have a conversation about that, then fine, but the ultimate F-U in a situation like that is to win the recruit(s).  Part of what's going on here is arguably money mismanagement on myfriend's end too...if you think/assume you've got the guy just because he's only considering you at any point and you lose out on him...that's your fault.  Noble men fight.

I'm not sure you could miss the point any more if you tried.  Or maybe you are trying.
7/3/2013 12:56 PM
Posted by wronoj on 7/3/2013 12:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by colonels19 on 7/3/2013 12:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by killbatman on 7/3/2013 10:54:00 AM (view original):
Seems pretty clear to me that it's foul.  This is part of a Q&A with seble from the billyg multiple teams thread.

5. you dont use one school to compete against [I read this as *directly recruit against*] a third school that is competing against the other school where you coach
seble's answer: 5. Another no brainer. 
This isn't what's happening...this rule implies that there are 3 teams on 1 recruit, not 2 on 1 and 2 on another...not the same thing.
no colonels, this rule states (doesn't need your incorrect inference): 2 schools are used to battle a third school.

it wouldn't really be smart cheating to have both of your own schools attack the same recruit, would it? 
I'm not inferring anything...spelled out, the rule says this...

I coach Syracuse and Stanford...I'm battling UCLA for X recruit with Stanford...to further screw UCLA from getting the recruit, I hop in with Syracuse and get him considering Cuse as well, so now instead of considering 2 teams, he's considering 3.

7/3/2013 12:56 PM
This is kind of like the dshook instance but for one big difference...dshook was given his choice of recruits (which I completely disagreed with) because the guy ******* him was in violation of the 1000 mile rule...is that the case here or no?  I need details here people, I don't just want to hear from some butthurt dude that wants to ***** because he can't beat a "cheater" out for a recruit.  You can't give me 10% of a biased story and ask me to make a conclusion.
7/3/2013 1:02 PM (edited)
Posted by colonels19 on 7/3/2013 12:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wronoj on 7/3/2013 12:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by colonels19 on 7/3/2013 12:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by killbatman on 7/3/2013 10:54:00 AM (view original):
Seems pretty clear to me that it's foul.  This is part of a Q&A with seble from the billyg multiple teams thread.

5. you dont use one school to compete against [I read this as *directly recruit against*] a third school that is competing against the other school where you coach
This isn't what's happening...this rule implies that there are 3 teams on 1 recruit, not 2 on 1 and 2 on another...not the same thing.
no colonels, this rule states (doesn't need your incorrect inference): 2 schools are used to battle a third school.

it wouldn't really be smart cheating to have both of your own schools attack the same recruit, would it? 
I'm not inferring anything...spelled out, the rule says this...

I coach Syracuse and Stanford...I'm battling UCLA for X recruit with Stanford...to further screw UCLA from getting the recruit, I hop in with Syracuse and get him considering Cuse as well, so now instead of considering 2 teams, he's considering 3.

Read the rule again.
5. you dont use one school to compete against [I read this as *directly recruit against*] a third school that is competing against the other school where you coach

Does it use the word recruit or player even once? Is it not competing against a school to attack a(any) player he is recruiting? 
7/3/2013 1:04 PM
Ok, so it's not even in reference to recruiting then, so why are we talking about it?

The rule bears out exactly how I put it to you...if you want to spin it into something else, be my guest.

7/3/2013 1:08 PM (edited)
I resent the fact that some people don't want to battle/fight when things are perceivably amiss, they'd rather run, tell dad and ask him to referee a circumstantial case such as this.  This game is getting to be *****-made.

7/2/2013 2:10 PM        myfriend
otherguy just took the lead on Player 1 with his DIII school. He is already leading on Player 2 with his DII school, mostly because I am holding back money to see what you do.

Case in point...are you serious?  So this guy's recruiting strategy is "seble get me my recruit back who I didn't fight for"...wow...
and signings hadn't even begun at that point...unreal...

7/3/2013 1:23 PM (edited)

Coach in question is allegedly using multiple teams to recruit against one school and at distance. This coach would have direct knowledge of how much money both of his schools has put into recruiting against the one school and know who the other school is spending money on if not both recruits and be able to manipulate the results. If this is the case then it's about more than just going out and winning the recruits... it could be numerically impossible -  I do agree more details would help in shaping the situation but this "as is" seems pretty foul.  

7/3/2013 1:13 PM
On the face of it, sounds like the equivalent of collusion, but I wish we knew the world and teams so we could look at it.  Distances matter.  Context matters.
7/3/2013 1:34 PM
If someone is cheating to beat you, why would you protect them by with holding their name? Lets crucify him!
7/3/2013 1:38 PM
I have no sympathy for a guy who stops recruiting with money in hand, before the signing period begins, and instead sent 6-8 tickets to seble, begging him to do something...I mean guys...recruiting is still ONGOING here.  Why doesn't this dude come in here and fight his own battles too btw.  It's hard to claim "cheating" when you stop trying/recruiting imo.
7/3/2013 1:41 PM
Ok I found it, theeyetest is the guy ********, stjmarsh is the D3 poaching....

7/3/2013 1:53 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by colonels19 on 7/3/2013 1:08:00 PM (view original):
Ok, so it's not even in reference to recruiting then, so why are we talking about it?

The rule bears out exactly how I put it to you...if you want to spin it into something else, be my guest.

This is such a laughably weak change of position to justify your preferred conclusion.  Honestly, do you really want to be taken seriously?  

Under the facts stated, one user employed 2 different teams held under 2 different IDs to directly compete for recruits that were considering a single user's team.   If that is not unfair use of multiple teams, then nothing is.
7/3/2013 2:11 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...7 Next ▸
ANOTHER 2-team thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.