PICK 6 Thread Topic

You could probably let the other 23 teams pick and put together a competitive team with the leftovers. Especially with the division alignment based on $.
7/12/2013 5:52 PM
waiting for phillyboy
7/12/2013 5:57 PM
if you want to know how you did this round while waiting I can SM who you got, just don't mention it here
7/12/2013 5:59 PM
phillyboy keeps opening my SM but doesn't reply or send his picks. May have to find a replacement.
7/13/2013 12:20 PM
Posted by bheid408 on 7/13/2013 12:20:00 PM (view original):
phillyboy keeps opening my SM but doesn't reply or send his picks. May have to find a replacement.
Im sending them now, I want to but I need time to look up my people, I have been busy so I look at them but dont have the time and need a day or two
7/13/2013 12:35 PM
This is the EASIEST Pick 6 yet & most likely I will be about DONE when the 3rd round is posted!  I might need to fill 1 or 2 starting positions, IF they double up (not likely) but in the 4th round (looking like Auto Pilot for me) I am probably looking for backup/fielding replacements - ONLY & I can get them anywhere, so doubling up is not an issue?  So.. Less than 2 rounds to go, for my team - where is the difficulty factor?
7/13/2013 1:14 PM (edited)
I think philly was referring to time he has available to spend regardless of who he picks. Some of us have lives outside of WISland.
7/13/2013 1:28 PM
Phillyboy, you should have a "wish list" (players you want) before the start of the draft, that can be altered when players are crossed off & add more players to the list when necessary - it is called Draft Strategy?  So every round, cross off players that have already been taken, add players you might need, select your need positions?  This way it is not like pulling your hair out every round & you are not starting from scratch at every turn.  Planning is the KEY to Pick 6 leagues!  No offense intended.
7/13/2013 1:29 PM
Posted by good_beef on 7/13/2013 1:29:00 PM (view original):
Phillyboy, you should have a "wish list" (players you want) before the start of the draft, that can be altered when players are crossed off & add more players to the list when necessary - it is called Draft Strategy?  So every round, cross off players that have already been taken, add players you might need, select your need positions?  This way it is not like pulling your hair out every round & you are not starting from scratch at every turn.  Planning is the KEY to Pick 6 leagues!  No offense intended.
Went on vacation so didnt have a plan
7/13/2013 1:34 PM
Round 3            
Aklopp Wolff Roger Lyons Ted Norris Mike Ott Mel Joyce Bill Tulowitzki Troy
bheid408 Myer Buddy Smith Ozzie Dickey Bill Camnitz Howie Hearn Jim Caldwell Ray
bmbigdog44 Childs Cupid Hartnett Gabby Averill Earl Manush Heinie Robinson Hank Rowe Schoolboy
bottomlee Garciaparra Nomar Putz JJ Winn Randy Ellsbury Jacoby Lynn Fred Gordon Tom
brucel Chance Dean Hamels Cole Gossage Rich Soriano Rafael Bautista Jose Erstad Darin
daddyzander Horlen Joe Tudor John Cuellar Mike Anson Cap Snider Duke Sheckard Jimmy
erne6 Tudor John Pelty Barney Horlen Joe Wood Wilbur Smoltz John Evans Darrell
georgedeer Killebrew Harmon Oliva Tony Carew Rod McLain Denny Ryan Nolan Gossage Rich
good_beef Ripken Jr Cal Carew Rod Robinson Brooks Gossage Rich Brewer Jim Oriole Park IV
hurricane86 Cochrane Mickey Ott Mel Tulowitzki Troy Medlen Kris Street Huston Childs Cupid
mikemundt Chance Dean Hearn Jim Eichhorn Mark Garciaparra Nomar Baker Frank Knoblauch Chuck
mllama54 Carey Max Greenberg Hank Frisch Frankie Nathan Joe Gomez Lefty Grove Lefty
moneybonn Pujols Albert Belle Albert Conway Pete Horlen Joe Nathan Joe Chapman Aroldis
phillyboy107 Fisk Carlton Santo Ron Griffin Mike Clarke Fred Foutz Dave Niekro Phil
rback Stone George Groh Heinie Runnells Pete Horlen Joe Millwood Kevin Nomo Hideo
reddtrain Mathews Eddie Allen Dick Clements Jack Rose Pete Utley Chase Eichhorn Mark
rmarsh915 Pfiester Jack Lindstrom Freddy Cronin Joe Frisch Frankie Dickey Bill Vaughn Hippo
rsvp Tudor John Halladay Roy Rowe Schoolboy Wilhelm Hoyt Medlen Kris Cochrane Mickey
schwarze Newhauser Hal Alfonso Edgardo Carew Rod Burke Tim Pesky Johnny Davenport Dave
shawbigred Beltre Adrian Erstad Darin Smoltz John Feller Bob Glavine Tom Mays Carl
The Taint Ryan BJ Thomas Roy Bailey Andrew McQuillan George Carlos Cisco Horlen Joe
toddleduc Averill  Earl Browning Pete Greenberg Hank Gregg Vean Herman Babe Lynn Fred
uncleal Conway Pete McQuillan George Camnitz Howie Garciaparra Nomar Cross Lave Browning Pete
uptowngbv Coombs Jack Weimer Jake Ryan BJ Bailey Andrew Medlen Kris Adams Mike

phillyboy107 extra pick was Pete Conway who got blacklisted.
7/13/2013 1:35 PM
Posted by bheid408 on 7/13/2013 1:28:00 PM (view original):
I think philly was referring to time he has available to spend regardless of who he picks. Some of us have lives outside of WISland.
I have a life too... seriously, if you plan ahead, each rounds submissions might take... 5-10 minutes time, NOT hours worth per round?  Hours is the time spent on PRE draft analysis & preparation?
7/13/2013 1:37 PM
phillyboy signed up for the league and then left on vacation. Hard to make up a plan of analysis and prep for it when you are away. Honestly I don't plan ahead. I plan on the fly. Maybe that's why I don't normally do well in Pick 6.
7/13/2013 2:58 PM
sent my R4 picks to erne6, shawbigred, rmarsh915
7/13/2013 2:59 PM
Picks after 3 rounds. If you have a different number LMK.

Aklopp 8
bheid408 8
bmbigdog44 9
bottomlee 12
brucel 7
daddyzander 4
erne6 5
georgedeer 9
good_beef 13+S
hurricane86 5
mikemundt 4
mllama54 7
moneybonn 7
phillyboy107 13
rback 8
reddtrain 7
rmarsh915 10
rsvp 6
schwarze 9
shawbigred 7
The Taint 6
toddleduc 10
uncleal 5
uptowngbv 9
7/14/2013 8:23 AM (edited)
My drafts went better when there was a Stark in Winterfell. Can't believe I missed on Medlen.
7/13/2013 3:44 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...7 Next ▸
PICK 6 Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.