Rule V Leg #41 Draft Thread Topic

Quick glance:

there are 13 overall who have been named in every phase of the draft at least once, and have also made it all the way through at least once.

there are 2 who have been named in every phase of the draft at least once, but have never made it all the way through.

Alomar probably does not win the award, though his 5 times protected for the first round and 4 times making it all the way through are unique (Cano has 6 and 3, but I think the 3 times all the way through were all before the 2010 season was in the database).

Depending on how this draft goes, there are two guys who could become the first to have at least 2 of everything. 
7/12/2013 11:31 PM (edited)
Geez where is everybody? For a timed draft, there are more MIA owners than I've seen in a long time.
7/13/2013 7:26 AM
Yeah, still three guys left to make their first-round picks.  In the meantime, some owners off the board have already sent me their keepers.  If you're in that special club, go ahead and send yours, too.
7/13/2013 9:52 AM
Page one updated.
7/13/2013 9:55 AM
Posted by sgsmith on 7/12/2013 10:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by alleyviper on 7/12/2013 2:36:00 PM (view original):
Nobody takes Dietz in the 2nd, either. Or the 3rd.
Not quite true, alleyviper!  He was taken in the 3rd one time, Leg 31 by ff09's Athletics. Giants' owner that leg? alleyviper
Wow, I totally forgot that I had Dietz snagged from me.

It's probably just confirmation bias but I feel like I always end up having unusual players drafted from me (which sometimes can drastically alter my draft plans). [Redacted] being taken in the first round from [redacted] especially stood out

7/13/2013 2:28 PM (edited)
Be nice if someone picked while I'm still youngish
7/13/2013 7:07 PM
Jose REyes SS NYM
7/13/2013 11:02 PM
This is a great theme but the last few drafts have been dragged down by the apathy of a few people who are chronically late. There is always a waiting list maybe those who can't follow a schedule should be replaced by owners who want to play.
7/13/2013 11:09 PM
Agreed, It's the slackest draft league I've ever taken part in.
7/13/2013 11:20 PM
Yeah, I know that the real world gets in the way sometimes, but sin always let's everyone know when we're about to get going and when the timed schedules will be. It shouldn't be that hard to let someone know ahead of time if you know there's going to be some conflict in your schedule, or to send out some proxies, outside of extenuating circumstances. Things have seemed to have gotten worse in this regard the last few legs, too. You don't have to be at the beck and call of What If Sports but there is a happy medium, especially when we're given advance notification on when things will be starting and proceeding.
7/14/2013 12:08 AM
I agree entirely. I'm not pleased with this draft and if this is any indication I'm not going to be back next season.
7/14/2013 12:17 AM
so sorry guys, my comp crashed and has been in the shop for 2 days, ive had no access, will pick shortly

7/14/2013 6:20 AM
Bobby Bonilla, NYM-3B
7/14/2013 6:49 AM
Illegal pick.  NY Mets are off the board (Alfonzo, Reyes).  Site-mailed
7/14/2013 8:32 AM
Yeah, I know weekends can be tricky, which is why I was hoping to get started on Thursday, rather than Friday.  I've updated page one, not that there was much updating to be done.  I'll see if I can get everyone back on track for the second round.  It's always frustrating when things get held up for this long.
7/14/2013 10:19 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...22 Next ▸
Rule V Leg #41 Draft Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.