Smokey's DDL CAfe - 'Closed' til DDL#3 Topic

nate, I think owners have the wrong idea, I don't mean to say or imply that boards and eFG% are not important. They certainly are important. I do wish to impart the message that too much emphasis is put on those two stat's. I actually support a balanced approach myself. A team that can sustain 128ppg thru a 7 game series is no offensive lightweight. I've overloaded ast% lately to see the effect, not as part of the final design. BTF was the last true ast% monster I'll build, I'm done with looking at that parameter. My 2012-13 & ODL teams have less ast% and more defense, the ODL team with a 80cdef is a bit high, I'll most likely target cdef70-75 in the future. I've said the design was 80% complete, the balance of team stats and increasing my perimeter game 6-8% will finish this design and then I'll see how things go...I'm hopeful.
7/20/2013 10:14 PM
sky say's reading the pbp on a super high ast team is like a good NBA team crossed with the Harlem Globe Trotter's...
7/20/2013 10:20 PM
WRT the LBJ vs Durant league. 1) I lowered the salery cap to $55M and 2) banned Wilt & MJ. I don't really think we need 20 Wilt/MJ/LBJ or Durant teams. About salery cap, I feel if it gets too low it interferes with coaching options and limits game play. I also think "fatigue" sucks. So, I've set it at $55M, low enough to keep it reasonable and high enough to give coaching options. Sound fair?.
7/20/2013 10:30 PM
BATTLE of the TITAN'S
LBJ - vs - Durant : ca. 2012-13
Both these player put up incredible seasons in 2012-13. Let's celebrate their historic achivements...here's how.
Each team must have either 2012-13 LeBron James or 2012-13 Kevin Durant
(1st come, 1st choice)
12 LeBron James teams in the Eastern Conference
12 Kevin Durant teams in the Western Conference
The best LBJ & Durant teams will meet in the league Finals, for a "Classic Match-Up Showdown"
Salery Cap = $55M
No LBJ or Durant other than 2012-13 on teams.
No Wilt or MJ
No Rookies
No Clones
No Waiver Wire

Lebron James Conf.  (east)         vs                 Kevin Durant Conf.  (west)
          skypilot                                                                    smokey57
          jhsukow                                                                  amerk1180
         98average                                                               kdforester
          thomcat

Being as these two players play well at 3 position it should allow for great team options.
7/21/2013 1:09 PM (edited)
I'll be in a tthe $$ mill cap.  I've tried Lebron in an open league, so I'll give Durant a shot here.

By the way, for list purposes, My last pick (which seems like two weeks ago), Cedric Maxwell, is a SF, not a SG  (100% at SF and PF...like 94% at SG)
7/21/2013 12:20 AM
I do those's off the top of my head and don't always get it right. (maxwell)
7/21/2013 1:28 AM
I'll play with LBJ
7/21/2013 2:23 AM
I'm in with LBJ
7/21/2013 2:25 AM
Hey Husker, you come to this league and I'll Do a "Battle of the Titans" with "Wilt vs Jabbar" or "Wilt vs A-train" or "DrJ vs Bird" maybe even LBJ vs MJ.
7/21/2013 7:22 AM
In with LBJ
7/21/2013 8:54 AM
Posted by smokey57 on 7/21/2013 7:22:00 AM (view original):
Hey Husker, you come to this league and I'll Do a "Battle of the Titans" with "Wilt vs Jabbar" or "Wilt vs A-train" or "DrJ vs Bird" maybe even LBJ vs MJ.
I'll give it some thought. I'll be there for when we hit this decade but I'm not all that excited about the newer players. If you still need someone towards the end I might do it just to fill out the league. If I do would be on the Durant side.
7/21/2013 11:04 AM
Husker this is not part of the DDL or SDL, you can surround Durant with anybody you want . This is not like the decade draft, it's an open theme league, you can use Durant and 11 guy's from the 50's if you like. But if we get stuck for owners I'll give you a holler.
7/21/2013 11:32 AM
I'm in with Durant.
7/21/2013 12:46 PM
Oh the heartbreak!  Norm Van Lier was my favorite player as a lil kid and possibly the main reason I am a lifelong Bulls fan.  I knew he wasn't worth a 2nd round pick but prayed that maybe just maybe he might still be there after all those picks for my 3rd pick.  Alas, he got gobbled up ONE STINKIN PICK before it finally got back to me.  

Leibowitz, thanks for breaking a young boys heart lol
7/21/2013 10:22 PM
amerk in DDL#1 CJ did that to me every other round....lol
7/22/2013 1:34 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...12 Next ▸
Smokey's DDL CAfe - 'Closed' til DDL#3 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.