DDL#2 Draft Board (close til DDL#3) Topic

about the jedi post, I'm not a trekkie, a looong time friend is in the movie PR biz, when we were young and poor she would give me movie thearter 1 sheets as presents. along with a million T-shrits. Without that poster my collection of 1st release SW 1sheets would be incompete. 30 years later I have the 1 sheet for most every scifi & action movie released. Thats why the movie titles for our teams. lol
7/9/2013 4:43 AM
While I enjoyed the 80's league, I am going to have to drop out of the 70's.  Nothing to do with anything other than limited time to do a draft like this again.  Shouldn't be hard to find a replacement.
7/9/2013 1:00 PM
Badja, sorry to hear that, you and your game will be missed. Thx for your help getting the DDL started. GL with your teams.
7/9/2013 5:33 PM
Posted by smokey57 on 7/9/2013 4:43:00 AM (view original):
about the jedi post, I'm not a trekkie, a looong time friend is in the movie PR biz, when we were young and poor she would give me movie thearter 1 sheets as presents. along with a million T-shrits. Without that poster my collection of 1st release SW 1sheets would be incompete. 30 years later I have the 1 sheet for most every scifi & action movie released. Thats why the movie titles for our teams. lol
"Not a trekkie"

As a Star Wars fan and a HUGE NERD, I am offended you think "Trekkies" are Star Wars fans. OFFENDED.
7/9/2013 8:15 PM

My error sukow, as you can tell my interest in 1 sheets is as modern pop art. Sky is the movie buff. I had an industry pass to the Showcase Theaters in boston, think I used it like 5 times in 10 years. BTW - Comic-con is in San Diego next weekend, thing get pretty crazy around here then. lol  Oh well..no offense meant.
ps - I'm actually a Babylon5 and FarScape fan..

7/9/2013 10:35 PM
Oh, I'm a scientist..we pretty much cornered the market on Nerd a century ago. You guy's are just wannabe's. lmao
7/9/2013 10:51 PM
For my team name can I get creative and use multiple 70's movies?  If so, how bout "Tommy, Lenny, Rocky and the Exorcists"?  Or would that steal too many possible team names for others?  Or if thats too long, just take out Rocky
7/10/2013 5:08 AM
amerk, sure, but It may be too long to fit. You can try when we load the league.
7/10/2013 3:42 PM
"Tommy, Lenny & the Exorcists" has a better ring to it.

By the way smokey, how long will the draft take on here?  I am going to a Motley Crue concert the night of the 23rd, and possibly leaving for a trip the next day, from Rochester NY to Denver.  I'm totally free from the 20th to the 23rd though...after that, it might get tricky, unless I can figure out how to pick in the car using my IPhone.
7/10/2013 10:32 PM
Amerk, the draft takes about 3 weeks give or take a few days. A couple of things new owners need to know about the draft procedure are: 1) Yes your iphone or android will work fine for this. Just go to the forum, tap the text box, type pick & hit submit post. 2) we rely heavily on proxy's in this league, sm a couple of members that pick after you with enough selections to be sure of getting one of them. 3) you cannot be slipped when we're off the clock, once on the clock these guy's will gladly skip you in a heartbeat. (lol) The first three rounds will stay close to the money list, after that it's all over the place. After the draft you have 48 hrs to load your team into the league. If my instruction in using your phone don't help stop by your service providers store and a tech will show you in a few minutes. a few more things, all libraries have free public use computers, any kid can be bribed and they already know how to enter your pick.  Let me know if you have any other questions.
7/11/2013 4:27 AM
OK..I'm just lying to myself..it takes a month.
7/11/2013 4:42 AM
Posted by smokey57 on 7/11/2013 4:43:00 AM (view original):
OK..I'm just lying to myself..it takes a month.
Smokey why dont we start the draft now.  I mean it still can be untimed until the other season is over.  What are we waiting for?
7/11/2013 5:48 AM
OK, elei we can go, I'll send out sm's tomorrow informing the members. We are in the PO's in DDL#1, but I guess the first 2 rounds aren't that difficult. I'll adjust the schedule when we go on-the-clock.
7/11/2013 6:45 AM
For my team name I'm going with "All the President's Men."
7/11/2013 12:38 PM
Guy's check your sm, we have a last minute decision to make about the years comprising the decade. cmac has requested that the decade be brought in line with the RL NBA, '69-70' thru '78-79'. If this changes your big board wait on the consensus.
7/11/2013 1:35 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...44 Next ▸
DDL#2 Draft Board (close til DDL#3) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.