DH $52M Draft League XLI Topic

I think we are waiting on a rock paper scissors showdown.
7/21/2013 1:34 PM
Mikee needs to confirm closer to one if he wants, or he can wait until the finals to end, if he stays closer to 24 then malone is up.
7/21/2013 3:25 PM
If I am closer to 1 will I pick next or what? I had said a day or so ago I'd prefer closer to 24 but if I'm picking soon...
7/21/2013 6:38 PM
Posted by natenoy on 7/21/2013 3:25:00 PM (view original):
Mikee needs to confirm closer to one if he wants, or he can wait until the finals to end, if he stays closer to 24 then malone is up.
I don't get why you say he needs to confirm?  It's already on page 1. 
7/21/2013 8:30 PM
I think that this is because according to the rules mikee1, or anybody else that hasn't made a pick yet, actually has until the finals are over to change their minds and switch between closer to 1 or closer to 24. 
7/21/2013 9:05 PM
Posted by vancem on 7/21/2013 9:05:00 PM (view original):
I think that this is because according to the rules mikee1, or anybody else that hasn't made a pick yet, actually has until the finals are over to change their minds and switch between closer to 1 or closer to 24. 
Exactly. DH is having everyone re-confirm since the option is open until the finals end. We got WAY ahead of things this time, but it's all good for the most part.
7/21/2013 9:14 PM
Posted by mikee1 on 7/21/2013 6:38:00 PM (view original):
If I am closer to 1 will I pick next or what? I had said a day or so ago I'd prefer closer to 24 but if I'm picking soon...
Mikee, yes since Ash re-confirmed closer to 24 you could switch back right now to closer to 1 and it would be your turn, followed by the option to malone, then chris, then PA. No matter which way they choose those will be the next three guys to go after you decide, then ash, vance, etc.
7/21/2013 9:18 PM
Way to much play in this 1st round draft. I'm not a fan of draft position not being locked In before the draft starts. Just saying....
7/21/2013 9:44 PM
I can see your point there chris.  The later drafters get the advantage of seeing who has been picked before making a decision.
I'm not complaining per se, but I see your reasoning.
7/21/2013 10:01 PM
Posted by badja on 7/21/2013 10:01:00 PM (view original):
I can see your point there chris.  The later drafters get the advantage of seeing who has been picked before making a decision.
I'm not complaining per se, but I see your reasoning.
It is an advantage in theory, and of course could be eliminated if we wait until the finals end to start. But IMO we've knocked out at least 3-4 days of waiting time already since we don't go on the clock in round 1 and at least 2-3 people always seem to take a day or so to pick. And even if it is an advantage it's not THAT huge, because how much variation do we really ever see in the first 36 picks or so? IMO there are at least 24 guys that have been gone by pick 36 for at least the last several drafts, so basically you are either getting one of the top-12 if you pick early or you get at least one of the next consensus 12-18 and a damn solid player to go with him if you are in the bottom-12. The odds on anyone going closer to 24 and still getting a guy that they could have taken at say pick 11 or 12 is pretty remote since MANY of our draft boards here look VERY similar under normal circumstances i.e., unless some moron is going to use the 36% usage 50% efg Wilt instead of the one that is in his third straight finals and a game a way from a 3-peat with 3 different owners (Btw GL to both Mikee and Ash tonight, might have just jinxed you Mikee, sry.)
7/21/2013 10:18 PM
The way this is set up I can be bumped by anyone whom hasn't picked just because they change their mind or a player they prefer falls to them so they are given the advantage to bump me ... That seems so fair....
7/21/2013 10:20 PM
Posted by chris_snid on 7/21/2013 10:20:00 PM (view original):
The way this is set up I can be bumped by anyone whom hasn't picked just because they change their mind or a player they prefer falls to them so they are given the advantage to bump me ... That seems so fair....
Chris, not really, once the guys ahead of you re-confirmed to move closer to 24 that's it for them, they don't get the option again, it goes to the next guy.
7/21/2013 10:30 PM
Also if Mikee were to pick right now we could actually finish the entire 1st round right now since he would be going the opposite direction from ash. If he stays closer to 24 then the finals need to end to determine which one of them actually goes closer to 24 and which one would be picking right before the other guy that just beat them for the title.
7/21/2013 10:33 PM
this works out terribly for me... I'm going out of town wednesday night through sunday.

The way things used to go, the draft wouldn't have even started yet.

As it is now, I'm going to be gone during rounds 2 & 3 most likely.

7/21/2013 10:38 PM
My understanding is that reconfirm or not until the finales are over owners that have not drafted can still change their minds. Reconfirming is just a gentleman agreement.
7/21/2013 10:43 PM
◂ Prev 1...14|15|16|17|18...39 Next ▸
DH $52M Draft League XLI Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.