DH $52M Draft League XLI Topic

He is moving from last to second tho in the first round
7/16/2013 11:41 PM
original trade would have been vetoed...obviously it gives steelers too large of an advantage over the rest of the league

the newly proposed trade....steelers trades his 1st, 4th, and both 6ths for nates 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th....is ok with me

HOWEVER

keep in mind....the draft order does not lock until the finals are over....so steelers...if you were under the assumption nate would have the 24th pick you need to understand that could change at any time until the rosters lock...so you might want to hold off on the trade until the draft order locks...it entirely up to you....ill note the trade as official when someone posts it and the other owner confirms

so maglor....you dont really need to concern yourself with the steelers/nate trade if you want to switch to closer to 24....in fact, some might call that good strategy at this point...24th is a coveted spot and you would be making a possibly very strong steelers team a little weaker if the trade still goes through

7/16/2013 11:42 PM
I'll be fine if I stay in the 21-24 range
7/16/2013 11:47 PM
Posted by vancem on 7/16/2013 11:36:00 PM (view original):
To me trading away 2 sixth round picks for a second round pick and a fifth round pick is still too unbalanced. 
Isn't that almost EXACTLY what logain and tar did last time? It was allowed without objection. We still have the same CAP, you guys WAY overestimate the value of draft position. Plus the value of Wilt is FAR, FAR higher than whoever the 3rd pick is. Say I use the same Wilt that is in the Conf finals now and won the LAST TWO leagues here, there is NO QUESTION that Wilt is worth a TON, the results PROVE that.

Vance you traded up for Wilt AFTER winning a title, then you won another one, no one tried to block that deal for you.
7/16/2013 11:48 PM
We can wait until the order locks, if maglor switches that still puts the pick at 23, three more people would have to switch to bump it out of the range steelers wants.
7/16/2013 11:51 PM
yea vance....pllllleeeease dont talk about trades...you know how much i hated that draft pick swap between you and jethro(?)...wasnt even a trade...he gave you that pick for nothing
7/16/2013 11:52 PM
Btw if three more opt to switch and steelers backs out then I move back to closer to 1 since the pick would then be like 10 or 11.
7/16/2013 11:53 PM
ill put you down as closer to 24 for now nate
7/16/2013 11:55 PM
I'm not trying to stir up any **** here guys, I just would like the chance to use Wilt in a draft league and want to go a different way about it with the version selection. Wilt's value is a proven winning commodity in this league and steelers should receive fair compensation if he is going to trade that commodity. I'm willing to give up whatever it takes because I value Wilt as the "end all" piece to a winning team and I KNOW that with $39mill more in cap space and no usage constraints that I will not only have a winning team, but also have one that will be very fun to own.

I guess the issue is that the league needs to set fair market value for that pick, but IMO there is no FMV for Wilt because he is just too damn good.
7/17/2013 12:08 AM
Dh, Wilt will be the 2nd pick no matter what.

I confirm whatever the approved deal with steelers is.

It sounds like you prefer we not go further until the finals end, but if tricky intends to stay at #3 then he knows for sure who the first two picks are, who gets them could change, but its a given that LBJ and Wilt are off the board.

Steelers can opt out if people decide to switch and the pick is no longer where he wants it. Keep my pick down as closer to 24, and if the steelers opts out because the pick is no longer 21-24 and I am keeping it, then know that I'll switch back to be closer to 1 since it would end up in the 10-11 range.
7/17/2013 12:17 AM
OK, What the heck! Worst it can happen is an another lottery team, so here it goes. Please tell me the following can be allowed or is too complicated thus need to be changed.

I want the 24th spot. If any of the 5 ( since first 2 slot already picked ) before me switches in time to pry that 24th spot away from me, then I want closer to 1.
7/17/2013 12:25 AM
"the newly proposed trade....steelers trades his 1st, 4th, and both 6ths for nates 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th....is ok with me"

This seems more balanced. I'd be ok with this.
7/17/2013 12:42 AM
The main difference, dh and nate, is that when I traded with jethro it was a complete swap of all of our picks. I have no problem with steelers and nate swapping all of their original picks. That would be fair. I think that we all agree that in this league each draft slot in the first round, and all of the picks that go along with that slot ,are basically equal to each of the other first round draft slots and the picks that go along with them.

In the original trade between steelers and nate there is no fairness at all. How can it be fair to trade 2 sixth round picks for an extra 2nd and an extra 5th round pick? The revised trade as spelled out by sly above is much more fair. 
7/17/2013 1:25 AM
2 sixes for a 2nd & 5th still seems out of whack but it's not hands in the sky worthy or anything.  I won't veto it (though I'm still shaking my head).

also note that I did protest that trade in the ODL but it happened & several others picked before I saw it so yeah.  I still think that one of the owners got completely rooked in it.

The original trade offer in this league was probably the most ridiculous trade I've ever seen (IRL included).

ps - complete swaps are balanced.  If you want to get a little extra out of it, then that's understandable & warranted (after all, you did say, "closer to 1" because you wanted to draft there).  Team A has the 2nd pick.  Team B has the 20ish pick. 

something like this is a little more balanced imo:

Team B gets the 2nd pick & team A's 2nd & 5th
Team A gets the 20th pick & Team B's 2nd & 3rd

SOMETHING like that is much closer to balanced IMO.
7/17/2013 5:38 AM (edited)
I don't like anyone getting two 2nd rounders unless they lose their 3rd.

The ODL was over the top with trades last season and here we go already again. 

Why anyone would want to trade away Wilt to begin with is completely absurd.  If you can't win with him, you might as well drop out.

7/17/2013 10:12 AM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...39 Next ▸
DH $52M Draft League XLI Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.