Trayvon Martin Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 7/17/2013 8:11:00 AM (view original):
It's almost like you guys can't figure things out on your own.    Someone yelling at you is not a threat to your well-being.  Someone following you is not a threat to your well-being.    Someone punching you in the face is a threat to your well-being. 

Zimmerman did not pull the gun on Martin and violence ensued.   Violence occurred, Zimmerman pulled his gun.  ****, we're not talking about a 10 year old kid being questioned by a man.    Who amongst us, when they were 17, didn't think they were a man?
Right, and that's what I mean when I asked what do you mean by confront.  Is he taking out his gun and pointing it at me?  Is he punching me?  Or just talking?
7/17/2013 9:15 AM
Posted by bistiza on 7/17/2013 8:37:00 AM (view original):
What if, during the struggle, Martin took the gun away and shot Zimmerman. Two questions: do you think he would have walked free? Do you think he should have walked free?

I think Martin WOULD have walked free. In fact, I think the same groups calling for Zimmerman's head right now and prior to the jury's verdict would be called for Martin to walk away a free man if the situation were reversed. I think THEY are the racists because they would side with Martin either way just because he's black. From every article I've read on the topic, that is clearly the case.
+1 million

Don't you know it is okay for black ppl to be racist but anyone else is evil if they do the same thing?

7/17/2013 9:20 AM
It's almost like you guys can't figure things out on your own.    Someone yelling at you is not a threat to your well-being.  Someone following you is not a threat to your well-being.    Someone punching you in the face is a threat to your well-being. 

Zimmerman did not pull the gun on Martin and violence ensued.   Violence occurred, Zimmerman pulled his gun.  ****, we're not talking about a 10 year old kid being questioned by a man.    Who amongst us, when they were 17, didn't think they were a man?
Pure conjecture. You have no idea what happened there.
7/17/2013 9:27 AM
Posted by The Taint on 7/17/2013 9:27:00 AM (view original):

Pure conjecture. You have no idea what happened there.
So, in your opinion, GZ had the gun out, was pointing it at TM and proceeded to get beat down then finally decided to shoot TM?

Say that out loud.
7/17/2013 9:29 AM
I have no idea what happened but I question whether someone who had his nose broken and is getting his head repeatedly slammed in to a concrete sidewalk could pull a gun that he had concealed
7/17/2013 9:35 AM
I have trouble believing a man holding a gun will get the **** kicked out of him without firing.   Or that a 17 y/o would charge a man holding a gun and kick the **** out of him.
7/17/2013 9:37 AM
bad_luck has already determined, based on a lack of knowing what actually happened, that GZ should have been convicted of manslaughter.

So why are we still talking about this?
7/17/2013 9:48 AM
He may not have been holding it, he may have pulled it out and put it back in his waist band.  I just think it's odd that you won't for one second think that it was Trayvon standing his ground, when it was Zimmerman who initiated this entire chain of events.  Standing your ground doesn't mean you need to shoot a person either, it could mean you kick the **** out of them.
7/17/2013 9:50 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by shawnfucious on 7/17/2013 9:54:00 AM (view original):
 Trayvon wanted a confrontation bc thats prolly how he was raised when in doubt get violent with ppl and if they are not black also then pull the race card and rally all the black ppl to support you even if you were in the wrong. Black ppl the most racist ppl there are no doubt.
If black people are the most racist, then what's your excuse?
7/17/2013 9:56 AM

The reason  I still talk about stuff like this is simple.  The reason we have riots and idiots inciting riots is because many people refuse to think clearly and instead depend on their "gut feeling" about what they think happened.

The notion of "obvious racism" will never go away along as the baiters continue to depend on people reacting without a clear thought proces.

Our system of justice depends on rationality, not emotion (that, despite the fact that emotion is used in the process of a trial or decision).  The Race Industry depends on emotion for its continued health, therefore there is a vested interest by those involved to remove as much reason as possible and inject as much emotion as possible.

BL and others want a conviction, not for justice, but so they can feel better.  (Now I'm engaging in speculation, based on the comments I've read).

But ultimately, it's not about how we should feel about this, but about what is right - to the best ability we can get there as a society.

7/17/2013 9:58 AM
Posted by shawnfucious on 7/17/2013 9:54:00 AM (view original):
 Trayvon wanted a confrontation bc thats prolly how he was raised when in doubt get violent with ppl and if they are not black also then pull the race card and rally all the black ppl to support you even if you were in the wrong. Black ppl the most racist ppl there are no doubt.
Jeeeeeeezzzzzz

If you can't see what's idiotic about that statement, you better ask somebody...or better yet, just don't because I doubt you would understand.

Another example of irrational thinking...........
7/17/2013 10:01 AM
I think for most people it's that they see the person that caused the whole situation to occur, walked away scott free, while the kid who was just walking through a neighborhood, minding his own business, was killed.
7/17/2013 10:01 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Well, most of the evidence is based on the words of the guy who caused the incident.
7/17/2013 10:04 AM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...22 Next ▸
Trayvon Martin Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.