HD Cheating Mantra Topic

Posted by tbird9423 on 7/20/2013 1:43:00 PM (view original):

The fact is, no one knows how often it happens.  We all say, "think" but I imagine that many of the top programs currently or have used that tactic in the past-- It doesn't even seem to be against the rules and the guys with multiple teams just aren't willing to get rid of that perception and have the game grow because, "they need that many teams to have fun and deserve to have them."  I think people can say, "I have two teams but never cheat," all they want but I still see that as a huge advantage even if it is in line with the rules. 
   Does anyone track total championships of those who only have one team in the world in which they won the championship?  It would be interesting to see the difference and I imagine it would be pretty telling. 

i won most of my 20 championships when multiple teams in a world couldnt be used to cheat. or maybe they could. i guess i was right on the cusp - but i only had multiple teams in a division after i drastically cut back on effort per team. so i went from something like, 16 championships in 50 seasons in my life, to 20 with maybe 150 or 200. so i think that proves having multiple teams and using them to cheat makes you worse. right? (sarcasm)

seriously though, the reason that study would show absolutely nothing, is it tends to be the more attached and passionate coaches who pick up the multiple teams. and they generally are more successful. for me, by far the biggest factor in my success was how much i cared. i used to coach harder than probably anyone in the game, even though i was a rookie, and didnt know ANYTHING about d1 recruiting - i was brand spanking new. but i spent a ridiculous amount of time on my teams, 20-30m per game on the 2 teams i cared about, and i was correspondingly at least as successful in that period as anyone ever was - just off those 2 teams. fast forward a couple years - as a much, much better d1 recruiter, like literally a hundred times better, my success level dropped off a cliff. 5 titles in my first 15 d1 seasons... counting those first handful of seasons where you dont have a chance in hell, and i dont know, 3 in the next maybe 60? whatever it was, its night and day different. so to me, level of involvement/dedication to your teams is one of the biggest factors in success. if that is also a factor in having multiple teams, which i think is clearly the case, its crazy to think a study like you suggest would tell you anything.

7/20/2013 3:57 PM
I don't think it'd be helpful either.  The study that could possibly shed some light is impossible to do.  You want to know about the coaches who have teams under different aliases *secretly*.  When the aliases are well known, cheating is, well, obvious.
7/20/2013 8:20 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by tbird9423 on 7/20/2013 1:43:00 PM (view original):

The fact is, no one knows how often it happens.  We all say, "think" but I imagine that many of the top programs currently or have used that tactic in the past-- It doesn't even seem to be against the rules and the guys with multiple teams just aren't willing to get rid of that perception and have the game grow because, "they need that many teams to have fun and deserve to have them."  I think people can say, "I have two teams but never cheat," all they want but I still see that as a huge advantage even if it is in line with the rules. 
   Does anyone track total championships of those who only have one team in the world in which they won the championship?  It would be interesting to see the difference and I imagine it would be pretty telling. 

You imagine that many of the top programs currently or have used that tactic in the past?  Really?  Couldn't be due to the fact that the coaches at those top programs are just better than the great majority of the rest of the coaches, could it?  That's a pretty nasty accusation to be throwing around like that.  Can you "imagine" to show any kind of actual, you know, proof that these top programs are doing that?

I'll start your total championships tracking theme that you seem to want:  15 total (5 in worlds with multiple teams, 10 in worlds with only one team.  Ouch!  I don't think those are the kind of numbers you were hoping to see.  I'll bet you were hoping for something more along the lines of 14 in multiple team worlds/1 in single team worlds, huh?  News flash, the coaches that you're wanting to try to front out, those with a lot of titles, are all good coaches and would win and continue to win whether they have a single team in a world, two teams in a world, or twenty-seven teams in a world.  Just because you're struggling to win anything, doesn't mean everyone else is (or has been) cheating.  That's a lazy excuse, and frankly one I'd expect to hear from a six year old, not you).
7/21/2013 1:36 AM
"cooperation" and collusion are a far bigger threat to the game than one coach using two teams for recruiting shenanigans.  And no way to police it--coaches can do it via email, rather than site mail.  Simply agree who goes after who.  Would guess those tactics are used a lot.
7/22/2013 7:01 PM
◂ Prev 12
HD Cheating Mantra Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.