2013-14 nba predictions! Topic

in any event how can you know it's 'accurate' when the season hasn't happened yet?
7/21/2013 9:26 PM
How are they not going to make an impact?  Impacts can be positive and negative.

Now you are going to have potentially key players missing from Orlando, Philly, Boston, and others.  You do not know where some free agents are going to be.  Using 2012-2013 numbers is going to be tough when missing Bynum, Love, and Rose and not to mention the unknown of Kobe and Rondo.  Using the sim is useless.  Swagging it would be more likely.
7/21/2013 9:28 PM
Everyone's a critic. Felonius-  I consider it more accurate because ( and I'm not done yet) the 76ers aren't anywhere near the playoffs and the Heat aren't in last place, things like that... hint hint to the final standings
7/21/2013 9:45 PM
Posted by jlrunruh on 7/21/2013 9:45:00 PM (view original):
Everyone's a critic. Felonius-  I consider it more accurate because ( and I'm not done yet) the 76ers aren't anywhere near the playoffs and the Heat aren't in last place, things like that... hint hint to the final standings
Guess what?  My scientific look at the season and my analysis told me the exact same thing.

In other news:

Sky is blue
Grass is green
Rain is wet
North West is a direction and an awful name
7/21/2013 10:29 PM
Posted by jlrunruh on 7/21/2013 9:45:00 PM (view original):
shrug - you have no results to compare "accuracy" hint hint there are no final standings - and the stats you are using are from last season (the ones from this season will be invariably different) - try using the sim to produce last season's results with last seasons stats and see how accurate it is
7/22/2013 9:39 AM
Well, stupid or not, I'm having fun  doing it
7/22/2013 9:41 AM
◂ Prev 12
2013-14 nba predictions! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.