I need an answer asap if you all can please Topic

Any commish that operates via secret vote can't be considered one of the best in HBD..
Also it's kind of sketchy offering and accepting so many questionable trades with your "co-worker'.. 
7/23/2013 5:47 PM
I love it when people can call a trade questionable when they have no idea what the trade actually was...

The trade was a 3 time MVP still in his prime and a #2 starter for 3 players that were drafted in the middle of the 1st round.  It was a trade that worked for both of us and where our teams were heading.  He is not the only person I have traded with over the seasons and gotten 1st round picks from.  The trade was open and nobody expressed any complaints about it at the time.  Gino just decides to try to cause trouble when he is getting called out and tries to deflect blame on to somebody else and take the attention away from his ridiculousness.  Please people, get your facts straight before commenting on things you have no clue about.  And don't take the word of a notorious blow hard that alienates everybody he comes into contact with.

As for the private vote.  Maybe it was a wrong way to go about it.  The other worlds that I have been involved with have all have committees.  I did not want this to become a situation like we had with an owner that decided he wanted to leave and then stripped his franchise bare of all prospects trying to win in this last season.  Now his team has absolutely no prospects in the minor's and will be a major rebuild for many seasons to come.  I know Gino would have destroyed his franchise if we had made it public during the season.  That is the kind of guy we all in the league perceive him to be.  We might be wrong, but that is what we all thought.  So, if I was wrong to ask our veteran's what they wanted to do, then I was wrong.  It doesn't change the fact that out of 14 people asked, nobody said that he should definitely be brought back.  There was one owner that said we might consider bringing him back under probation, but if the rest of the people voted him out then that would be ok as well.  It was overwhelming that everyone in the committee wanted him gone.  And that does not include my vote, or the person that had the major problem with him.  This was not the first offense for Gino.  He was in our league before and had a few problems.  He had to leave for a while for personal reasons, and then he wanted to return.  I told him that he would need to control his outbursts in chat and watch what he says.  There were a few people that didn't want him to return.  I felt bad for him and decided I would let him back, but with the caveat that he had to control himself.  He did not, and now he doesn't understand why everybody wants him gone.  He needs to get a grip on reality and realize that being rude and insolent to people will have consequences.  He was warned, and failed to live up to his end of the bargain.

There are the facts.  Ridicule me all you want, but have a clue, please.
7/23/2013 7:31 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
The great and all knowledgable MikeT has spoken.  I said it was on me.  I do have grounds for removal though because he was warned that any outbursts would get him removed.  He had a major outburst and now is crying that everybody wants him removed.  I don't care if you think it is wrong, I am just trying to do what is best for our league and what the other owners want.  But thank you for your ridicule, it is duely noted :)
7/23/2013 10:32 PM
119 seasons and only 5 championships. Boy you suck!! But yet you think everything you say is word
7/23/2013 11:08 PM
Posted by mlownds on 7/23/2013 7:31:00 PM (view original):
I love it when people can call a trade questionable when they have no idea what the trade actually was...

The trade was a 3 time MVP still in his prime and a #2 starter for 3 players that were drafted in the middle of the 1st round.  It was a trade that worked for both of us and where our teams were heading.  He is not the only person I have traded with over the seasons and gotten 1st round picks from.  The trade was open and nobody expressed any complaints about it at the time.  Gino just decides to try to cause trouble when he is getting called out and tries to deflect blame on to somebody else and take the attention away from his ridiculousness.  Please people, get your facts straight before commenting on things you have no clue about.  And don't take the word of a notorious blow hard that alienates everybody he comes into contact with.

As for the private vote.  Maybe it was a wrong way to go about it.  The other worlds that I have been involved with have all have committees.  I did not want this to become a situation like we had with an owner that decided he wanted to leave and then stripped his franchise bare of all prospects trying to win in this last season.  Now his team has absolutely no prospects in the minor's and will be a major rebuild for many seasons to come.  I know Gino would have destroyed his franchise if we had made it public during the season.  That is the kind of guy we all in the league perceive him to be.  We might be wrong, but that is what we all thought.  So, if I was wrong to ask our veteran's what they wanted to do, then I was wrong.  It doesn't change the fact that out of 14 people asked, nobody said that he should definitely be brought back.  There was one owner that said we might consider bringing him back under probation, but if the rest of the people voted him out then that would be ok as well.  It was overwhelming that everyone in the committee wanted him gone.  And that does not include my vote, or the person that had the major problem with him.  This was not the first offense for Gino.  He was in our league before and had a few problems.  He had to leave for a while for personal reasons, and then he wanted to return.  I told him that he would need to control his outbursts in chat and watch what he says.  There were a few people that didn't want him to return.  I felt bad for him and decided I would let him back, but with the caveat that he had to control himself.  He did not, and now he doesn't understand why everybody wants him gone.  He needs to get a grip on reality and realize that being rude and insolent to people will have consequences.  He was warned, and failed to live up to his end of the bargain.

There are the facts.  Ridicule me all you want, but have a clue, please.

See that's where you're wrong. I put all my time in this team way more than I do any other team. This was my first ever team I had before I left and took them over with most of the same guys on the roster I had before I left. Had it been a team I didn't care about I would have told you sure I will leave because I usually don't stay long with teams because I get bored with them. Having Veras to a long term deal and having some good young pitching coming up through the system with a few good ML caliber position players, I would never ruin the team. Instead of getting a congrats on winning my first World Series I get a "I hate to do this but the league voted and we want you to leave so you should just drop the team and say you want to go out on top." What crap is that? That is what ****** me off more than anything. First off secret votes then you want me to drop from the league and keep quiet about it by saying I wanted to go out on top? That surely wasn't the way to handle the situation so that's why I handled it this way.....publicly!!!

7/24/2013 12:12 AM
Here is the first thing I wrote in the sitemail to you:

First off, congratulations on winning the championship. You are a great manager of your franchise.

So, I did give you props first. I don't question your ability to run a franchise. I just know that it is only a matter of time, probably short, before you have an insane outburst in the league again. If you wind up staying I will make sure CS is aware that you know that 1 more problem with you and they will remove you. You have had all the chances you are going to get.
7/24/2013 1:47 AM
What was CS' response when you made them aware that one more outburst would mean removal?

I don't dispute that you have reason to want to remove gino, but a unilateral declaration by the commissioner or a secret committee vote (unless the world rules specifically empowered that committee to expel owners for any reason) won't sway CS unless they do a sharp 180 from almost every such decision they've made. The precedent would be that any commissioner can remove an owner based on his own determination of "an insane outburst."

They are far more likely to accept the request if it's based on threats or offensive posts made to another owner or in the world chat. And with gino having posted that he would abide by a worldwide, public vote, that would also be something CS would likely back.
7/24/2013 2:13 AM
Sound advice, I am still waiting to here the latest response from CS. Thanks Josh.
7/24/2013 2:42 AM
Well I would have at the time but no one gave any responses until after I started this topic. The only way I will be removed is when customer support tells me I have 1 chance then I can be removed but since my last ticket to them they told me nobody has sent a complaint but that was a few days ago. So no I won't take a league vote now we have rolled the season over. Quit fighting it and get over it and let's just play ball!!
7/24/2013 6:30 AM
Posted by mlownds on 7/23/2013 10:32:00 PM (view original):
The great and all knowledgable MikeT has spoken.  I said it was on me.  I do have grounds for removal though because he was warned that any outbursts would get him removed.  He had a major outburst and now is crying that everybody wants him removed.  I don't care if you think it is wrong, I am just trying to do what is best for our league and what the other owners want.  But thank you for your ridicule, it is duely noted :)
If you had grounds, he'd be removed.   I don't have to be great and knowledgable to know this. 

As I said earlier, if you want him removed, you'll be removing those who argued with him.   You're only hope is delaying rollover while telling WifS you will not roll with him in it.  They might do something then.   Otherwise, you're just blowing smoke up your own ***.
7/24/2013 6:41 AM
Posted by sabres2661 on 7/23/2013 11:08:00 PM (view original):
119 seasons and only 5 championships. Boy you suck!! But yet you think everything you say is word
Well, I don't play in worlds where me and 13 of my buddies, including the commish, make under the table deals.   That's gotta help with team-buidling, right?
7/24/2013 6:55 AM
Did you even report his "insane outbursts" last season?    If you did, was his posting rights removed?   My guess is "No" probably because one of your secret buddies was right there with him.   Fair is fair and, quite frankly, that's your problem here.   You want one set of rules for one owner and another set for your cronies.
7/24/2013 6:59 AM
Exactly if I have to be removed so does the others so like I said we can agree to put this behind us and move on and I've already blocked sabres and he can block me so we have no problems. You can't get rid of one person without getting rid of the others. That's like two people stealing something and one going to jail ant the other doesn't because he was friends with the judge. Doesn't work that way so lets play ball.
7/24/2013 9:40 AM
I love how a 14 year old throws out advice constantly in the forums on this game for your information I have 1 World Series in the Big Sky while losing four straight World Series. Next time spend the time and look how I won rather than just trying to get in a dig. My 6 ws have come in 4 different worlds.
7/24/2013 10:05 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
I need an answer asap if you all can please Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.