D2 Season 66 Topic

Posted by burkboyz on 8/2/2013 8:45:00 PM (view original):
I'm looking forward to it tonight dave.  I think this is a great matchup between our teams.  I always like the early season games.  Its just a lot of fun to tinker with the new roster and try and make things work.  
Tinkering always backfires on me. Still trying to figure out why they dropped you to #3.
8/2/2013 9:24 PM
Posted by davefilby on 8/2/2013 9:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burkboyz on 8/2/2013 8:45:00 PM (view original):
I'm looking forward to it tonight dave.  I think this is a great matchup between our teams.  I always like the early season games.  Its just a lot of fun to tinker with the new roster and try and make things work.  
Tinkering always backfires on me. Still trying to figure out why they dropped you to #3.
Good question Dave. The same just happen again last night after beating humbolt st. Dropped from #1 to #2. Really isn't that big of a deal just makes you wonder what goes into the rankings for it to be so crazy early in the season.
8/4/2013 9:34 AM
Some observations:

Bryant and Northeastern St hand #1 back and forth to one another.  Florida Southern (cmd78 has done an outstanding job in 4 seasons there) and Cal Poly Pomona round out the top 4 on the projection report.  

About half of the 64 spots on the projection report are held by 4 conferences:  Heartland (10), CVAC (9), Cal CAA (8), and GLV (6).  But three of the top 4 are from outside those conferences.

The East Coast, Mid-America, North American, North Central, South Atlantic, & Southern Intercollegiate do not have any teams in the top 64 on the projection report. 

Who do you like as the #1 seeds?  Will the current four hang on?  Who has underperformed and will turn it on in conference play (other than bbunch of course)?  Who do you think is primed for a fall? 
What did you think of non-con?  How is your team performing?

8/8/2013 9:28 AM
For 1 seeds I like Northeastern St., U of Indy, Bryant and Bellarmine.  One to watch out for is the very sneaky good Oklahoma Panhandle St.  OPSU has athleticism, defense and the ability to light the nets on fire from deep.
8/9/2013 2:47 PM
It sure is a lot quieter in this thread than normal...
8/13/2013 10:14 AM
Posted by mduncanhogs on 8/9/2013 2:47:00 PM (view original):
For 1 seeds I like Northeastern St., U of Indy, Bryant and Bellarmine.  One to watch out for is the very sneaky good Oklahoma Panhandle St.  OPSU has athleticism, defense and the ability to light the nets on fire from deep.
You have two Great Lakes Valley teams in Indy and Bellarmine.  Don't overlook fellow conference members Parkside and Mo-St. Louis. Parkside defeated Indy by 16 last night.   Mo-St. Louis has wins over #10 Lander, #11 St. Edward's and #14 Bellarmine
8/14/2013 6:45 AM
Normally I pay a lot of attention to this thread - but I've been super busy. Limestone from the CVAC is the real deal this season. That's all I have to say - haven't checked out the rest of the Iba world lately. Hopefully this weekend I can make some good tourney picks. 
8/14/2013 11:43 PM
Time to get this thread moving again.  Almost to the end of the regular season.  Who do you like at this point to make the Final Four and who do you like to win the title?  There are a lot of teams that have a good shot this season.  I count 8 teams that are at least 65/65 in ATH/DE, which is usually a pretty good measure of a team that can compete.

Looking at the top conferences, at this point it looks like the CVAC should get 7 teams in, the Heartland should get 6-7, the CCAA should get 5-6 and the GLV should get 4 (with an outside shot at 5).

My St. Mary's TX team has lost 1 game we should have won and we split games with division foes OPSU and St. Edwards (a VERY strong ATH/DE team).  We aren't the prettiest team in the world on offense, but we are playing great defense (for the most part) and out rebounding our opponents by a comfortable margin.  We certainly are capable of making a deep run, but this looks like a wide open NT to me.  I really don't see one dominant team.
8/25/2013 10:50 AM
I count at least 16 teams that are 60/60 in ATH/DEF, so I agree, I think the winner could surprise.

Incarnate Word isn't up to snuff with the elite teams this season, as our 7 losses have come against opponents with an average RPI of 12.  Currently a 5 seed, that's the profile of a team that could win its 1st round NT game and then lose to the #4 seed.  

Matchups, matchups, matchups.  This year's NT will be won by the best coach since no team stands out talent-wise.  Still, Cal-SD looks mighty tough. 
8/26/2013 12:38 PM
There'll be at least one Great Lakes Valley team in the Final Four. Most likely Parkside but  Mo-St. Louis, Indy or Bellarmine could surprise and make it, too
8/26/2013 1:22 PM
Posted by greenhawks on 8/26/2013 1:22:00 PM (view original):
There'll be at least one Great Lakes Valley team in the Final Four. Most likely Parkside but  Mo-St. Louis, Indy or Bellarmine could surprise and make it, too
Greenhawks, I have an awful feeling (due to the other Heartland teams projected as a 4 seed) we are on a collision course to meet in the 2nd round.
8/26/2013 5:21 PM
Yeah, I haven't had the time....but it seems like all of DII Iba is super wide-open. I don't see one dominant team at all. 
8/26/2013 7:45 PM
I happen to like my team this year. They very versatile and can change it around on any given night. I was hoping for a 1 seed but I'm betting because of my one lose and poor strength of schedule from conference it will probably be a two. But I think you guys are right with it kind of being up for grabs this year. This tourney should be exciting.
8/28/2013 1:32 AM

NT time.  This is anyone's tourney.  After a quick look at the bracket I'm pretty sure the WIS gods hate me.  The South is absolutely BRUTAL.  The team my St. Mary's squad will play in round 2 is 24-5, as both the 8 and (23rd ranked) 9 seeds are 24-5.  The 2 seed is 29-0.  The 3 seed is freaking 26-2 UWP, who is ranked 6th yet is somehow a 3 seed.  4-seed Lander is 25-3.  Fantastic coach bvb's Dominican squad is the 13-seed playing that 25-3 4-seed Lander team.  I don't see a single easy game in round 1 of the South bracket and I see as many as 8-10 teams that could ultimately come out of that bracket.  Very tough.

The Midwest also looks brutal, with top-ranked UCSD as the 1-seed and 2-loss (one of them due to a coach error on the depth chart that caused all of his starters to play all 40 minutes of the game) Northeastern St. as the 2-seed.  Defending champ Longwood is the 3-seed.

The East features 2 very strong defensive teams as the 1 and 2 seeds (St. Edwards and Indy).

This will be a very intersting NT to say the least.

8/30/2013 7:49 AM
Yeah, the Midwest is definitely nasty. USCD is the real deal - don't like seeing them as the #1 and NE St. as the #2. Also, super-class Humboldt is the #4 seed, and greenhawks and Bellarmine are #5. A lot of the lesser seeds are really solid as well. The Midwest is completely ridiculous in my view. 
8/30/2013 2:43 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
D2 Season 66 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.