Funk52 XLI - Commentary Thread Topic

No worries here mikee 1. The owners in this league are pretty much spoiled. The draft had a few delays and was still finished ahead of schedule. I understand how hard it is to find the time for the evals. Thanks for the work on them so far and I will look forward to seeing the finished product. 
8/3/2013 1:24 PM
Posted by vancem on 8/2/2013 7:59:00 PM (view original):
Okay 98average why did you take Alonzo Mourning over Patrick Ewing to pair with Moses? I was thinking that with Moses and Ewing you would get 40 mpg of them with the same basic inside game that you get for 34 minutes a game with Mourning. Just wondering.
Mourning's best season is flat out better than any Ewing season and then when you factor in his defense is better as well, then it's a no brainer.
8/4/2013 10:53 AM
Mourning, along with Chris Paul, is the only bright spot on my EOL New Orleans squad.  If you can swallow his PFs and have strong enough rebounding elsewhere, he's an efficient monster.
8/4/2013 4:06 PM
zo is also 100% at PF.
8/4/2013 4:20 PM
Posted by mikee1 on 8/3/2013 6:12:00 AM (view original):
I'll have the 7 man's done by EOD Saturday.
EOD means "Every Other Day but"
8/4/2013 7:12 PM
That malone is a funny one...
8/4/2013 9:00 PM
Posted by 98average on 8/4/2013 9:00:00 PM (view original):
what was funny was you telling us you would do power rankings, then...not doing them
8/4/2013 9:42 PM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 8/4/2013 9:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by 98average on 8/4/2013 9:00:00 PM (view original):
what was funny was you telling us you would do power rankings, then...not doing them
Power Rankings

Team
Team
Team
Team
Team
Team
Team
Team
Team
Team
Team
98average with ANOTHER first round exit
Team
Team
Team
Team
Team
Team
Team
Team
Team
Team
Team
Team

8/4/2013 10:13 PM
Now that was actually funny Malone LOL
8/4/2013 10:54 PM
I did Power Rankings for most of the league. I'll just throw the Top 8 teams out there for your viewing pleasure. As much as it ******* pains me to see who is #1, here ya go...

1. Ashmael
2. Tarheel
3. Seapilots
4. 98Average
5. Longtallbrad
6. Dh555
7. Felonius
8. Vancem

The Top 4 are all pretty close. One of those 4 teams will be the champion of the DH52 League.

8/5/2013 1:05 AM (edited)
Thanks, 98.  Now I'm getting worried I've gone from a little underrated last season to overrated this season.  I like the balance and chemistry of my team, but there will be games when the wheels fall off - when Murphy gets lit up like a Christmas tree, Billups and J.R. can't throw the ball into the ocean from the beach, and Dwight can't keep his hands to himself.
8/5/2013 12:44 AM
BTW I do think that I underated your team LTB. Moncrief' is so underated because he doen't make 3's. That team could win our division. What's up with ash's squad on top? Mcgrady will miss a ton of shots, Russell misses most of his FTAs, and Clifford Ray and Dan Gadzuric are foul machines. I do get it though that having 2 guards that rebound extremely well is a huge advantage.
8/5/2013 1:01 AM
Kind of regretting that I picked maglor1's team over natenoy's in the draft at this point. However, seeing the box scores between the teams in division play will take me to a happy place remembering those NCAA tourament games in the early eighties.
8/5/2013 1:18 AM

A:         2.    2.  eleibowitz - Shaquille O'Neal, Marcus Camby, Donyell Marshall, Chris Mullin, Jason Terry, Jamaal Tinsley, Andrew Bogut.
                    3. vancem - Magic Johnson, Jason Kidd, Patrick Ewing, Anthony Mason, James Harden, Erick Dampier, David Lee.
                    1. dh555 - Karl Malone, Tyson Chandler, Clyde Drexler, Jose Calderon, A.C. Green, Brent Price, Ed Davis.
                    4. tarheel1991 - Kevin Garnett, Dwyane Wade, Bobby Jones, Wes Unseld, Jon Barry, Brandon Rush, Brandon Wright
                    5. chris_snid - Artis Gilmore, Anfernee Hardaway, Paul Pierce, Cedric Maxwell, Zelmo Beaty, Roddy B, Mark Landsberger.
                    6. 98average - Moses Malone, Alonzo Mourning, Brent Barry, Terrell Brandon, Andrei Kirilenko, Antonio Daniels, Oliver Miller.

B:            
                        7.mikee1 - Tim Duncan, Jerry Lucas, Mookie Blaylock, Kobe Bryant, Charles Oakley, Swen Nater, Charlie Ward.
                        8.ashamael - Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Serge Ibaka, Tracy McGrady, Clifford Ray, Dan Gadzuric, Chris Anderson.
                        9.badja - Scottie Pippen, John Stockton, Andrew Bynum, Emeka Okafor, Arvydas Sabonis, Blake Griffin, Kosta Kufoas.
                        10.slymonium - Ben Wallace, Shawn Marion, Ray Allen, Tom Boerwinkle, Kevin Johnson, Javale McGee, Jameer Nelson.
                        12. longtallbrad - Dwight Howard, Chauncey Billiups, Horace Grant, Sidney Moncrief, Troy Murphy, Larry Sanders, JR Smith.
                        11. coachcroft - Kevin Durant, Elton Brand, Deron Williams, Carlos Boozer, Andre Drummond, Tree Rollins, Derek Rose.

C:          13. steelers821 - Julius Erving, Kevin McHale, Marques Johnson, Rajon Rondo, Joakim Noah, Kris Humphries, Joe Dumars.
                        17.seapilots - Chris Paul, Dikembe Mutomobo, Amare Stoudemire, Danny Green, Anderson Varejao, Kevin Porter, Roy Tarpley.
                        15. felonius - David Robinson, Bill Walton, Walt Frazier, Kenneth Faried, Nick Anderson, Delonte West, Marcin Gortat.
                        18.theyard2 - Larry Bird, Manu Ginobili, Pau Gasol, Samuel Dalembert, Vince Carter, Bill Bridges, Clarence Weatherspoon.
                        16.malone9975- Charles Barkley, Stephen Curry, Mel Daniels, Gerald Wallace, Joel Pryzbilla, Reggie Evans, Mark Price.
                        14.tricky24 - Dennis Rodman, Buck Williams, Gary Payton, Dirk Nowitzki, Reggie Miller, Tim Hardaway, Otto Moore.

F:          24. pennsylvania- Nate Archibald, Bob McAdoo, Elvin Hayes, Billy Cunningham, Rudy Thomjanovich, Mitch Kupchak, Walt Szerbiak.
                        22.natenoy- Wilt Chamberlain, Kevin Love, Kyle Korver, Nate McMillan, Darryl Walker, Muggsy Bogues, Bo Outlaw.
                        23. maglor1 -Larry Nance, Hakeem Olajuwon, Wesley Person, Jerry West, Bob Lanier, Michael Cooper, Cedric Ceballos.
                        21.thomcat - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Willis Reed, Steve Nash, Derek Harper, Josh Smith, Trooper Washington, Brian Winters
                        19.iccoachb - Michael Jordan, Shawn Kemp, Robert Parish, Michael Ray Richardson, James Worthy, Terry Tyler, Mo Cheek.s
                        20.banditone - LeBron James, Terry Porter, Connie Hawkins, Ryan Anderson, Caldwell Jones, Kermit Washington, Chandler Parsons.

8/5/2013 1:22 AM (edited)
Finished the evals, for those of you who were patient- thank you.  Been a hell of a 2 weeker at work.  For those of you who were snarky, impatient c*nts- I'm saving minutes for our games! 
8/5/2013 1:22 AM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14 Next ▸
Funk52 XLI - Commentary Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.