Left & Right Franchise League $120M (full) Topic

Left & Right Franchise League $120 Million cap

$120 Million cap
No: AAA, WW, Clones, Trades. Yes:  DH. Pick a Franchise. You have 2 options: 1. All pitchers throw left & all hitters bat right; OR 2. All pitchers throw right & all hitters bat left. 16 teams with no live game requirement to qualify for playoffs. Must use a stadium used by your franchise.  No switch-hitters allowed. 

Up to 2 instances of a franchise are allowed but one would need to be LHP/RH Batting and the other RHP/LH Batting. There will be a league of National League franchises and a league of American League franchises. The East divisions will be RHP/LHB, and the West divisions LHP/RHB.

Make sure you review Baseball reference for franchise history: http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/

Sign up here for your franchise. Having two teams is fine, but they need to be in separate leagues. I will pick 6th and set up the league number at that time.  Update:  I picked sixth and have set up the league.  I will site mail the league number to new owners as they sign up here.

While a great number of the very high end hitters are lefties, it gets balanced out a bit by some of the franchises not having strong lefty hitting options in the middle infield positions. 

National League
East (RHP/LHB)
1.  Giants (RHP/LHB) - schwarze
2.  Braves (RHP/LHB) - ghsisler
3.  Phillies (RHP/LHB) - sjh0825
4.  Cards (RHP/LHB) - finn2030

West (LHP/RHB)
1. Pirates (LHP/RHB) - dorkster
2. Cubs (LHP/RHB) - rbow923
3. Reds (LHP/RHB) - specsman
4. Dodgers (LHP/RHB) - fatboydad54

American League
East (RHP/LHB)
1.  Red Sox (RHP/LHB) - simisox
2.  Yankees (RHP/LHB) - dcates
3.  Tigers (RHP/LHB) - shysters3
4.  Indians (RHP/LHB) - frank_drebin

West (LHP/RHB)
1.  A's (LHP/RHB) - dcmatcheck
2.  Yankees (LHP/RHB) - urband
3.  Tigers (LHP/RHB) - ghsisler
4.  White Sox (LHP/RHB) - good_beef
7/29/2013 2:02 PM (edited)
I'll take the RedSox
7/23/2013 10:46 AM
The Red Sox are yours simisox.  Do you want the RHP/LH Hitting version, or the LPH/RH Hitting version?  Thanks!
7/23/2013 10:51 AM
RHP/LHB-Teddy Ballgame, Ruth, Speaker, Boggs, Lynn, Yaz.  That's an easy call.
7/23/2013 12:11 PM
Thanks simisox!  I thought that was the likely choice, but you never know. 
7/23/2013 12:47 PM
Never stooped to taking Yankees before but this seems a likely spot RHP/LH please
7/23/2013 2:48 PM
dcates, you have the RHP/LHB Bronx Bombers
7/23/2013 4:41 PM
I'll take the athletics, please. Bats right throws left. Lajoie, Foxx, Simmons at the plate and Waddell, Grove and Blue on the mound. Don't know how I'm going to squeeze them in under that salary cap though.
7/23/2013 9:52 PM
The LHP/RHB A's are yours dcm.  You'll find a way.  Definitely one of the premiere LHP/RHB teams out there.
7/23/2013 11:29 PM
I'll try the Tigers, RH pitchers, LH hitters
7/24/2013 12:32 AM
The Tigers (RHP/LHB) are yours shysters3.  Via sitemail urband picked the LHP/RHB Yankees.
7/24/2013 6:32 AM
I'll pick the LHP/RHB Tigers.  I just set up the league and sitemailed everyone who has signed up thus far.  I'll sitemail the number to new owners as they join.
7/24/2013 6:56 AM

I'll try the SF/NY Giants, RHP/ LHB.   Love me some Mathewson, Marichal, Bonds, McCovey, Ott

7/24/2013 10:53 AM
You have the Giants (RHP/LHB) schwarze.  A lot of high end players on that team.
7/24/2013 11:16 AM
Damn, I'm having a hard time with 1B/OF for my LHB Sox-Ruth, Yaz, Williams, Papi, Speaker, Lynn, AGONE, Greenwell, Jacoby....
7/24/2013 3:04 PM
123 Next ▸
Left & Right Franchise League $120M (full) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.