1000 mile rule now driving distance? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
in all fairness to seble, it appears he made the decision BEFORE the 2nd post which clearly indicates they are the same person.  he said there was a "claim" that they were related, but different, people.  so at the time he made the decision, it may have been based off wrong information.   those posts do seem to make any claim they aren't the same person false, so maybe a ticket to ask him to follow up on it??  

as a note, i personally don't care about someone having 2 teams within 1000 miles, so i won't send the ticket, but he should be consistent in enforcing the rule as long as it exists
7/24/2013 9:30 PM
I also don't care about 2 teams within 1000 miles, but after what happened to billyg - this is simply ridiculous. And if seble didn't know before, he surely knows now since we see he's watching the forums. There appears to be some double standard here. 
7/25/2013 6:03 AM
Bottom line is that if someone claims that two accounts are operated by different people, we have to take their word for it unless there is clear evidence otherwise.
7/25/2013 8:56 AM
I would think that two related people would be opening the door for collusion just on face value.
7/25/2013 9:11 AM
Posted by seble on 7/25/2013 8:56:00 AM (view original):
Bottom line is that if someone claims that two accounts are operated by different people, we have to take their word for it unless there is clear evidence otherwise.
Clear evidence such as the quoted posts?
7/25/2013 9:34 AM
ive always thought aubietom and wareagletom were the same person. would be surprised to hear anything different even in a different context. i guess he read the forums, the part where people concluded all you had to do was lie about being 2 different people, to get around the multiple team rule. i dont hold that against him, but just further evidence how stupid this rule and the site staff here are.
7/25/2013 10:44 AM
Or they are brothers or something and don't want to make that public.
7/25/2013 10:48 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/25/2013 10:48:00 AM (view original):
Or they are brothers or something and don't want to make that public.
Pretty jacked up parents to name both of their sons Tom
7/25/2013 10:49 AM
Or it's their last name....you know, like Tomson?  or Tommerson? or Tomamanto?
7/25/2013 10:58 AM
Fair point
7/25/2013 11:00 AM
Posted by seble on 7/25/2013 8:56:00 AM (view original):

Bottom line... this rule is ridiculous and at the end of the day anyone with two teams within 1000 miles in one world can claim they have a little brother or whoever. This rule has successfully been used to remove veteran coaches from  teams they've had for years (real years) basically in the same situation as wareagletom aubietom - who has been allowed to violate the rule because he has a baby brother (which this is not indicated at all in the CC posts). My question is where are all the "letter of the law" coaches who scour this site in search of violators? Why haven't you taken up arms in the forums as you've done in the past so "justice" may have its day?

PS - evidence does seem pretty clear -

7/25/2013 11:12 AM
What a joke.  It's one thing to have a pointless and arbitrary rule like this 1000 mile thing.  It's even worse when it's capriciously enforced like this. 

Did aubietom seriously try to claim those are two different people after posting those CC messages??  Has anyone sent in a ticket about this?  I find it hard to believe anyone could buy that story if they've read those messages.
7/25/2013 11:40 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 7/25/2013 10:44:00 AM (view original):
ive always thought aubietom and wareagletom were the same person. would be surprised to hear anything different even in a different context. i guess he read the forums, the part where people concluded all you had to do was lie about being 2 different people, to get around the multiple team rule. i dont hold that against him, but just further evidence how stupid this rule and the site staff here are.
He has said in the past that one is his son's account.
7/25/2013 11:41 AM
He has said in the past that one is his son's account.

I have been in conferences with both IDs, and I too have heard him say that on multiple occasions.
7/25/2013 11:46 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...13 Next ▸
1000 mile rule now driving distance? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.