Very slow filling leagues Topic

Has anyone communicated w/ WIS about trying to do something to stimulate more activity in this game ?  Seems to be taking longer and longer to fill leagues.  Any suggestions ?
7/24/2013 1:11 PM
Cut the price.
7/25/2013 10:39 PM
Schwarze's tournament, a played out version, summer time, the price of maple syrup, and DEA raids on state-legal dispensaries in Seattle are just a few reasons why leagues are slow filling these days
7/25/2013 11:47 PM
I'll agree with the impact of Schwarze's tournament.

And the game is played out.... It needs MAJOR updates, and they don't care.   Rumor (I think a reliable one) is that the source code is in an obsolete language that they have difficulty changing and deploying. 

The price, IMO, is fair. 
7/26/2013 9:50 AM
There is always an ebb and flow in filling leagues.

7/26/2013 10:25 AM
This is the third day that I've had a team sitting in an Open League. When I got it in, there may have been about six other teams in. Now, there are ten others.....
7/26/2013 10:53 AM
Wow, I thought OL's filled in like two days.
7/26/2013 10:55 AM
Yeah, it's like The Walking Dead, but if Morgan Jones had cleared the walkers out of town.  I don't get what Len said. WIS told us that what, four or five years ago, they made it so that SLB and HBD used the same basic engine?
7/26/2013 11:02 AM
Maybe they both use Assembler or some less than widely used language... just talkin'.
7/26/2013 11:00 PM
I thought admin said that SLB would be moved over to the HBD engine with the next update.  (If I live that long)
7/27/2013 4:28 AM
Posted by ArlenWilliam on 7/26/2013 11:02:00 AM (view original):
Yeah, it's like The Walking Dead, but if Morgan Jones had cleared the walkers out of town.  I don't get what Len said. WIS told us that what, four or five years ago, they made it so that SLB and HBD used the same basic engine?
Nope, they don't

They tried porting some HBD to SLB and it failed.  maybe 4 years ago.

The redesigned site is supposed to have a common engine for both.  IMO, the interface may be compatible, but the base functions should not be.  There is a very different decision tree that needs to be followed to simulate an AB based on real life statistics from different eras than there is to simulate fictional characters based on their skills.  No insult to HBD, but you don't need to simulate a deadball pitcher with an infield from all eras throwing to a steroid machine
7/29/2013 9:02 AM
There is a very different decision tree that needs to be followed to simulate an AB based on real life statistics from different eras than there is to simulate fictional characters based on their skills.  No insult to HBD, but you don't need to simulate a deadball pitcher with an infield from all eras throwing to a steroid machine
I don't think this is relevant.  In one case normalization is the first step utilized to determine the probabilities of various outcomes, in the other it's ratings comparisons.  But there's no reason the decision tree shouldn't be able to be identical once the probabilities have been generated.
7/29/2013 8:45 PM
My opinion differs.  Your opinion is just as valid, since neither of us knows for sure.

7/30/2013 8:22 AM
How about some commercials advertising the site ?  Open with a scene of sexy women holding bats with the tag line "so boys, think you can beat us?", cut to an overhead view of boogerlips sitting in his underware with orange stains at his computer. next to the computer is a bag of cheeto's and large bottle of lotion and with used tissues all around him with the tag line "yeah baby I can beat you!"
7/30/2013 9:27 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
123 Next ▸
Very slow filling leagues Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.