Race Issues Finally Someone Speaks The Truth Topic

He's not wrong.  I hate the obvious bias I see in virtually every major news network, but FOX is the worst.

NBC and its affiliates are pretty f-ing bad, though.
8/9/2013 1:58 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by antoncresten on 8/9/2013 1:21:00 PM (view original):

By gawking at the camera and shrieking, "See! Some black kids attacked a white kid!" the conservative media demonstrates their own racial animus.

By engaging in this kind of racial trolling, the conservative media creates a false impression of our nation's struggle with equality. This is not a new strategy - it was why Fox spent an excessive amount of airtime trying to falsely tie Barack Obama to the New Black Panther Party, a fringe hate group. Bigotry in all its forms is abhorrent, but Fox consistently exaggerates the prominence and impact of black on white racism in order to instill fear in its primarily white audience.

At no point in our country's history has the rule of law been used to enact a system of discrimination against all white Americans. For the vast majority of our history, our legal system in many states was specifically used to keep black Americans an impoverished underclass. Rather than acknowledge that fact, the conservative media distracts their audience with disparate cases of black-on-white violence - which, while repugnant, has never been the source of structural inequality.

Without these distractions, they and their viewers might actually be forced to confront solutions to the problems of racial injustice, instead of ignoring them.

Holy ****.

8/9/2013 2:33 PM
Quite the shocker that networks play to their audience.    You'd think money was involved or something.
8/9/2013 3:29 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/9/2013 3:29:00 PM (view original):
Quite the shocker that networks play to their audience.    You'd think money was involved or something.
even if they do play to their audience that doesn't mean they are exaggerating the issue. I think they are actually among the few telling the truth about the issue, while some ppl downplay it like black on white racism doesn't happen. this guy's whole post was off like I said plenty of legal things support black on white racism, and attitudes that it does not exist or is rare only hurt those seeking to make it end.
8/9/2013 4:52 PM
Showing bias doesn't mean anyone is exaggerating.   They simply have an agenda. 

FOX has been all "Where's Al Sharpton on this bus beating?"   Well, Al ******* Sharpton doesn't care about that particular issue.   Why the **** would he speak out?   The fact that FOX even brings him up annoys me. 
8/9/2013 5:21 PM
I want to know why Al Sharpton and others are not protesting or complaining about ANY issue unless black ppl are involved. that's racist but of course few ppl ever call him and them out for it. if a white public figure began to rant and rave about issues which only involved white ppl and made that as obvious as these ppl do, they'd be called racist for sure. somehow when its black ppl its suddenly not racist? bull ****.
8/10/2013 7:10 AM
Without people like Al Sharpton, whether you like him or not(and I don't), there would still be separate drinking fountains and colored only seating sections.
8/10/2013 10:21 AM
Posted by antoncresten on 8/9/2013 1:21:00 PM (view original):

By gawking at the camera and shrieking, "See! Some black kids attacked a white kid!" the conservative media demonstrates their own racial animus.

By engaging in this kind of racial trolling, the conservative media creates a false impression of our nation's struggle with equality. This is not a new strategy - it was why Fox spent an excessive amount of airtime trying to falsely tie Barack Obama to the New Black Panther Party, a fringe hate group. Bigotry in all its forms is abhorrent, but Fox consistently exaggerates the prominence and impact of black on white racism in order to instill fear in its primarily white audience.

At no point in our country's history has the rule of law been used to enact a system of discrimination against all white Americans. For the vast majority of our history, our legal system in many states was specifically used to keep black Americans an impoverished underclass. Rather than acknowledge that fact, the conservative media distracts their audience with disparate cases of black-on-white violence - which, while repugnant, has never been the source of structural inequality.

Without these distractions, they and their viewers might actually be forced to confront solutions to the problems of racial injustice, instead of ignoring them.

IM SCARED GO BACK TO ALL CAPS SCREAMING THANKS
8/10/2013 10:56 AM
Posted by The Taint on 8/10/2013 10:21:00 AM (view original):
Without people like Al Sharpton, whether you like him or not(and I don't), there would still be separate drinking fountains and colored only seating sections.
You kidding, right? Sharpton makes everything about race and that is the LAST thing the fight to end racism needs. Sharpton had little if anything to do with ending seprate but equal. Race shouldn't matter but Sharpton makes sure it does. He emphersize black ppl being black and cares nothing for anyone who is not black. He is part of what is wrong with America.
8/12/2013 9:31 AM
Sharpton is awesome. Racism against black people is a serious problem.
8/12/2013 11:42 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/12/2013 11:43:00 AM (view original):
And racism against anone else is okay by you?
8/12/2013 1:37 PM
Posted by shawnfucious on 8/12/2013 1:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/12/2013 11:43:00 AM (view original):
And racism against anone else is okay by you?
Did I say that?
8/12/2013 1:39 PM
You said racism against black ppl is a serious problem. what about racism against others? what say you?
8/12/2013 2:30 PM
Is there racism against others? 
8/12/2013 2:48 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14...18 Next ▸
Race Issues Finally Someone Speaks The Truth Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.