So, I know it's early. I know leagues have trouble filling up. I have tried a few recently with no success. With NHL players allowed to participate n the Olympics, I think we need a league. I may stick with this one. We have 7 months.
150K cap. Pick a country and draft players from season 1979-80 to present. I wont restrict the number of teams but it would be pretty cool to see at least one representative of each nation (Slovakia, Czech, Finland, Sweden, Canada, US and Russia). To give a chance, to Vanek, Ehrhoff etc, we can also use a team of international players. I am including different links. Please note that this goes by country of birth.Heatly was born in germany so e could play for an international team. I make an exception for Peter Bondra. While he was born in the Ukraine, he plays for the Slovaks. There may be a few more ? and we'll take them on a case by case basis. Nabokov would play international because he was born in Kazakhstan. No trades, no clones...the usual

oc3lus    Sweden
Skipper   Finland
Skipper   Czech Republic
Kiteport   Russia
Kiteport   Suede (en francais)
demon_8 Canada
demon_8 USA
SAK         USA
ebpyle      USA
mapleleafs  Canada
chuckrlp   Canada

y2jdilemma Slovakia
stefan47     International (very gutsy)
stefan47    Finland
bradpark    Russia
bradpark    Canada
alanasdad  Sweden
alanasdad  Canada
chuckrlp     USA
swal13       Canada
chucky74   Sweden
jcarver67    Finland
jcarver67    International (also gutsy)

9/13/2013 6:03 AM (edited)
http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/nationality/canadian-nhl-players-career-stats.html

7/28/2013 10:50 AM
Confused... If I choose Sweden then I can only draft Swedish players, correct? May sound odd question, but the wording above isn't clear on that.
7/28/2013 12:03 PM
If that's the case, Ukraine could never ice a good team.
7/28/2013 12:04 PM
There just might be ALOT more owners (here, @ Wi$),
2 help fill leagues faster, if the 'Feds'  would kwit raid'n
State-run dispensaries in Colorado, Kali4nia, & in the
Pacific Northwest...

Among other thingy's...

7/28/2013 2:12 PM
sorry if not clear kiteport. Yes, if you take Sweden you only draft Swedes. An international team would consist of players born outside of the 7 big nations.Ukranians would join Germans, Latvians, French, Austrians etc to for a team
7/28/2013 2:39 PM
Okay. That makes sense then. I read it this morning. Before coffee.

Slovakia can't ice a team either. No depth. They would get destroyed. Usually they are teamed up with Czech.

Sorry. Not telling you what to do.

Hope this flies. I've been in these type of leagues before. Surprises.
7/28/2013 9:28 PM
Actually, I drafted a Czech, Fin and Slovak team and they all come in betweent 133k and 141 The Slovaks do have the Stastnys, a very decent D, Bondra, Demitra etc. If they have a weakness it's in nets. Halak is ok for half a season adn then it drops a little with Budaj.
7/29/2013 6:03 AM
I'll join with the Swedes 
7/29/2013 1:10 PM
Yeah, Slovaks are okay, but they will get pummeled by USA and Canada at that salary cap. Most of the league will be USA and Canada - with Swedes, Russia, and Czech rounding it out.

Anyway, let's see... I would be in possibly.
7/29/2013 6:35 PM
And the Stastnys won't be scoring much against those Canadian defenses.
7/29/2013 6:36 PM
Well, I'm a sucker for punishment and I will take 2 teams that are not represented
7/29/2013 7:22 PM
thanks oc3lus. With my two, we are now 3

7/29/2013 7:22 PM
surely there must be a little interest out there
7/31/2013 5:19 PM
I'm in with Russia.
7/31/2013 6:18 PM
12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.