Mays Season 29 - ONE opening - Rolled Topic

ONE spot left -

Oklahoma City wranglers
 (NL South) - original owner who had to bow out for personal reasons and will be missed (current owner is a placeholder while we awaited whether the original owner would return). Team had been competitive for a while, but that streak has come to an end the past few seasons. Likely rebuild opportunity with a top 3 pick next season. Already budgeting high international and I can swap in the new owner before rollover to keep budgets in place if you prefer. 

Florida Gators - (NL South) - divisionmate of OKC, will have either the first or second pick next season (depending on tiebreakers). This team is in the middle of a rebuild and has experienced several losing seasons. Looking for someone to come in and turn things around. 

Colorado Rockies (NL West) - currently competitive, finished near .500. Has been around .500 for many seasons, so incoming ownership could decide to go either way with this one. No league rules requiring you to stay in Colorado, by the way.

Ottawa Lynx - (AL North) - Unexpectedly available at rollover, the prior owner has not responded so I'm opening it up. This team won 84 games but missed the playoffs following four straight division titles. Could make another run or tear it down.

Tampa Bay T-Bones (AL South) - This is our other unexpected opening. This team won 92 games and has won between 92 and 106 games each of the past six seasons. This is a high payroll team built to win now. 
8/21/2013 10:28 PM (edited)
OKC is gone; down to 2.
7/29/2013 10:22 PM

Mays looks like a wonderful world.

7/30/2013 1:43 AM
Posted by mr_wonderful on 7/30/2013 1:44:00 AM (view original):

Mays looks like a wonderful world.

It is!
7/31/2013 3:58 PM
This is where you want to be.
8/4/2013 11:32 AM
Just one more.  Be the hero!
8/5/2013 5:40 PM
join now!
8/9/2013 7:37 AM

Great world.

Great chat board.

Great rivalries.

Great Mascot (Willie). 

SUPER GREAT COMMISSIONER.

What the hell are you waiting for?

8/9/2013 9:57 PM
Two teams previously expected to renew did not, and neither has responded. Opening up those teams (both of which were contenders).
8/13/2013 11:41 PM
Posted by sermonauthor on 8/9/2013 9:57:00 PM (view original):

Great world.

Great chat board.

Great rivalries.

Great Mascot (Willie). 

SUPER GREAT COMMISSIONER.

What the hell are you waiting for?

Exactly . . .
8/14/2013 2:57 PM
We have two spots left, the former Tampa Bay team has won a very tough division several years in a row -- JOIN NOW!
8/15/2013 10:53 AM
Yeah that is a great team
8/15/2013 2:12 PM

It's time to step up and do the right thing. You'll be A-Mays-ed at what happens once you do.

8/16/2013 12:23 AM
You're on the ball, sermon!
8/16/2013 9:39 AM
Hey guys - sorry I went dark on you.  I only left the league because I needed to reduce the amount of money and time I spend on HBD.  This is a great league, and the Tampa Bay Team I left should continue to be strong for several more seasons, a LOT of very good talent on that ML roster.
8/16/2013 11:37 AM
12 Next ▸
Mays Season 29 - ONE opening - Rolled Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.