Hmm.. this might be good.. no team ranking needed..

I don't know why you started at round 4 though.

I would say max cuts at 6.

Anyone who cuts 6 guys would draft rounds 1-8.
If you only cut 5 guys.. you draft rounds 2-8

If you don't cut anyone you only draft in rounds 7 and 8

FOR EXAMPLE

I would probably only cut 1 guy and thus draft only in rounds 6 7 8

eleibowitz would probably cut the full 6 guys
8/2/2013 7:09 PM
I wouldn't start at round four, it was just an example in case someone needed all ten cuts. :) Like the Bob team. ;)

I like your revamp of it.

Other thoughts?

8/2/2013 7:13 PM
I am very cool with that idea. I find that to be very equitable. I will be likely cutting 6 for a total of eight picks. I think it is a fantastic idea.
8/2/2013 8:26 PM
Posted by malone9975 on 8/2/2013 8:26:00 PM (view original):
I am very cool with that idea. I find that to be very equitable. I will be likely cutting 6 for a total of eight picks. I think it is a fantastic idea.
My sarcasm detector doesnt work on you.. do you really like it?
8/2/2013 8:35 PM
glad to hear!

Shaun: As Bertrand Russell once said, "The only thing that will redeem mankind is cooperation." I think we can all appreciate the relevance of that now.

Liz: Was that on a beer mat?

Shaun: Yeah, it was Guinness Extra Cold.

Liz: I won't say anything.

Shaun: Thanks.

8/2/2013 8:43 PM
Galveston
8/2/2013 9:00 PM
7 more!
8/2/2013 9:14 PM
Posted by logain on 8/2/2013 8:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by malone9975 on 8/2/2013 8:26:00 PM (view original):
My sarcasm detector doesnt work on you.. do you really like it?
No sarcasm. My sarcasm is usually followed up a crappy remark.

I would have likely said "hey awesome can I draft AZT to make sure if my current lineup gives Duncan AIDS I will be covered until we discover a cure."
8/2/2013 9:15 PM
Malone- sarcasm? Never. Duncan may already be infected though. You'd better trade him to me for Baylor...
8/2/2013 10:23 PM
Posted by malone9975 on 8/2/2013 1:25:00 PM (view original):
Yes I will take a second for Wilkins if you are offering. I will take that and smile.

All3 and some others it is easy to say oh I got this incredible team but it may suck if the bad season comes up, but with Wilt that is less than a 10% chance. If we don't have a draft that is fine but we need greater equality between the teams. Wilt, Wallace, Nance, Jackson, and Reggie Miller against my starting lineup of Moncrief, Petrovic, Majerle, Duncan, and Rollins. If I got all of the cake seasons of my players it would still suck badly because my team has no balance. My team is begging everyone to go -2 against us since we don't shoot threes at all really.

Everyone on your starting lineup regularly gets drafted in odl and the 52 mil draft and Wilt is always a top 3 pick if not number one. Three of my guys do but only one would get drafted in the first four rounds.
This is whati was trying to point out. Why not have a draft, then randomize those fully drafted teams between the owners. Atleast that way you get squads that would be more usable. Youcould still randomize their seasons. Also what if you get unlucky and end up with a squad with 17k minutes and 5 players are poisin youre trying to shuffle minutes with garbage.
8/2/2013 10:43 PM
Posted by Malfunction on 8/2/2013 4:48:00 PM (view original):
My 2¢ on rosters: your roster will only remain in tact for one season. The offseason could see you lose both MJ and KD. Then where will you be? You are only assured of your roster for the upcoming season, and even with that you are not assured a particular season. Open leagues do not play out the same as this format. Example: in baseball I have Tommy delay Cruz and had Erv Lange. Jealous? Ever even heard of em? I'd never use them in an open league but in this format they are extremely valuable. In 2 seasons the rosters will not resemble what they are now. If we start picking apart teams we open a slippery slope. In 6 seasons when someone has squires MJ Magic and Wilt are you going to stop and say its not fair? Because the commish will probably say tough luck. In baseball one team has Babe Ruth Albert Pujols Walter Johnson and Pete Conway and barely made the world series. But he squires them from being a bad team, making mart and aggressive trades. If the random factor is too much of a hurdle then this probably isn't the league for you. The rosters were posted before anyone signed up but you still took the chance on getting a "strong" team. I'm sure the Wizards and Bobcats would love parody but its not the way the league is set up.

Just my flawed opinion.
Its not the randomness. Its the fact that these rosters dont consist of the best sim players. Why not use those players and then rondomize.
8/2/2013 10:49 PM
Posted by masterdebate on 8/2/2013 7:04:00 PM (view original):
or have the draft basically run reverse: if you cut seven players, plus two open spots, you pick rounds 4-12. If you cut no one and only take the two spots, you pick rounds 11 and 12?
Sorry to blow malone's ragging on me out of the water, but I actually like this idea (done after seasons are assigned, right?).  The thought is to start the League with the best players in the SIM, and if players are being cut for other guys available, they're not the best.   Question though, how do we know what season of a FA we would be getting, or are we locked into whatever season is randomly assigned after that player is Drafted?

8/2/2013 11:19 PM
I assume for draft picks we wont know the seasons until after the draft.. this might be the case for all of our players.. but then minutes could be an issue.. though hopefully not with no cap
8/2/2013 11:28 PM
You can randomly roll the team until you exceed some minimum minute threshold (18.5 or 19K).

If you get real lucky, you will have plenty of minutes and can keep your weak players on the bench.
Not so lucky... then you have a quite a bit more interesting challenge ...
8/3/2013 12:37 AM
So... if you can deal with an A-list team sitting at 14K minutes can you not also deal with a collection of SIM-detritus players with plenty of minutes ?

8/3/2013 3:40 AM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...14 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.