UNO ! Draft Topic

Jacoby Ellsbury OF
8/13/2013 10:30 PM
Posted by toddleduc on 8/13/2013 7:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by SpotSell on 8/13/2013 7:06:00 PM (view original):
How would a "skip" card work?
do you remember, Josh?  Were you able to skip the guy drafting right after you in any round and he had to go last?
Yep. You bounce the guy behind you to the end of the round. It needed some reworking, because some nice guys didn't use it. That meant some people lost a #2 or 3 pick and others didn't.
8/14/2013 12:34 AM
With one reverse per round, that meant if someone with the second pick reversed to the Seattle Pilots and skipped you, instead of picking third you ended up with the 21st-"best" Pilot, probably $3.6M worth of Gene Brabender.
8/14/2013 12:47 AM
Fred Lynn OF
8/14/2013 7:35 AM
Too many good choices...

Jimmie Foxx
8/14/2013 9:05 AM
Posted by joshkvt on 8/14/2013 12:34:00 AM (view original):
Posted by toddleduc on 8/13/2013 7:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by SpotSell on 8/13/2013 7:06:00 PM (view original):
How would a "skip" card work?
do you remember, Josh?  Were you able to skip the guy drafting right after you in any round and he had to go last?
Yep. You bounce the guy behind you to the end of the round. It needed some reworking, because some nice guys didn't use it. That meant some people lost a #2 or 3 pick and others didn't.
Yeah, skip cards - there needs to be some sort of advantage to using one, not just screwing your neighbor.  Screwing your neighbor is fine, but to really work, there needs to be an element that improves your own team as well - so people are motivated to use it.

Maybe a "skip" could be played and you jump up one drafting position, say from 4th to 3rd one round, and the guy who was third, is reduced to 4th - that would work.  Perhaps add language so you could not go from 2nd to 1st.  That would work, you gain an advantage and hit your neighbor.

The skip card would have to be played before the guy in front of you posted his pick.
8/14/2013 9:45 AM
How about this? We could use a "skip" card to skip a team we don't want to draft from and go back and take an undrafted player from a team already used. For instance, we burned the Yankees at the end of round one and only four of them got picked. So when the Seattle Pilots come up, I can play my skip card and select an unchosen player, say DiMaggio or Berra, or any undrafted player from a team already used (White Sox, Phillies, etc.) and "skip" the Pilots and "skip" back to a team already used. Because it's also frustrating in this that you can have a player targeted and then not get to pick them due to a reverse or the end of a round. In that regard, the Skip Card would be just like the Wild Card. After I took DiMaggio with my skip,  the next guy would be on the board still with the Pilots unless he uses a skip, wild or reverse.
8/14/2013 10:52 AM (edited)
* We can kick some of these ideas around for Version 2 for sure- but we need to leave the Skips out of this one being so far along already
8/14/2013 11:01 AM
How about if you use your skip card when you are the number one pick to keep the team the same that was on the board when the last team selected.
8/14/2013 11:03 AM
Posted by toddleduc on 8/14/2013 11:01:00 AM (view original):
* We can kick some of these ideas around for Version 2 for sure- but we need to leave the Skips out of this one being so far along already
yes of course sir, this draft has already started.

How about signups for a new one!

8/14/2013 11:15 AM
Nomar garciaparra
8/14/2013 11:17 AM
Next time we can also add the "Draw 2" card, which could allow you to select two players at the same time in one round from a team. This would then eliminate you from the  free for all round in round 25 if you played it. Just throwing out suggestions to make this even more interesting. Imagine the craziness of someone playing a draw 2 with the Cardinals and taking Rogers Hornsby and Bob Gibson out of play in one pick.
8/14/2013 11:59 AM (edited)
We could add the *draw 2* and the *skip* to the *wildcard* and *reverse*, BUT, limit each owner to being able to use only 2 of them
8/14/2013 12:07 PM
Posted by SpotSell on 8/14/2013 11:15:00 AM (view original):
Posted by toddleduc on 8/14/2013 11:01:00 AM (view original):
yes of course sir, this draft has already started.

How about signups for a new one!

lol... love the enthusiasm  :-))  I was going to wait until the All-Star break- but how about once we wrap this one up & get a League # I can post another version with any changes we decide on.  Even if only half of us want to do another UNO in a month- maybe we can get another 12 more that will also... Cheers !  Glad you're enjoying it  :-))
8/14/2013 12:22 PM
No reply from The Taint, so I'll go with Dutch Leonard
8/14/2013 2:39 PM
◂ Prev 1...22|23|24|25|26...81 Next ▸
UNO ! Draft Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.