UNO ! Draft Topic

Posted by pick1or2 on 8/7/2013 3:35:00 PM (view original):

It really helps if you HIGHLITE the NAME  and enlarge and Highlite or underline if you REVERSE or Use WILD CARD

Hard to do anything from the iPad.
8/7/2013 3:37 PM
Thanks grayfoxx...might be a while before another pick, toddy might be on an airplane right now
8/7/2013 3:55 PM
REVERSE to the Philadelphia Phillies

PETE ALEXANDER

*can someone please sitemail for me? Driving still...thanks!
8/7/2013 5:50 PM
Wow the teams I have lost a shot at are starting to add up big
8/7/2013 7:37 PM
Jbar notified
8/7/2013 7:38 PM
I see the way this is going. Every team is going to have about 7-8 really good players (wild card, reverse, 25th pick and being lucky enough to pick 2nd or 3rd after a reverse) and after that it's a crap shoot.
8/7/2013 11:05 PM
Posted by yargespd1 on 8/7/2013 7:37:00 PM (view original):
Wow the teams I have lost a shot at are starting to add up big
You'll feel better when you get a chance to choose between Mike Hegan, Greg Goosen and Don Mincher.
8/7/2013 11:05 PM
yes we will all be picking from the Philadelphia Bluejays by the 17th round with nobody to pick. I don't like how this is going.
Only 4 Phillies will be picked now as another Major team (of the 16 Majors of the 30's thru the 60's) bites the dust.
8/7/2013 11:30 PM (edited)
But dont forget, of the 16 major teams, the Braves have 3 versions, the A's have 3 versions, the Dodgers have 2 versions, and the Giants have 2 versions.

*Only 4 Phillies*??........not neccessarily
8/7/2013 11:58 PM (edited)
Over 50 Met seasons to choose from, not to mention 35 Blue Jay and Mariner - plenty of players to go around.  It's not like the cap is unlimited.  Yes, we will all get stuck with some dreck, but it'll be fine.  No worries at all, lots of Angels, Astros etc.
8/8/2013 12:14 AM
It's just like Uno.....cutthroat.  There's lots of strategies to play, and some of them are going to leave people having to roster bad players.  Tons of good players and teams still out there.  TONS.  As the draft goes on people will be out of reverses and wild cards and will be forced to draft for need. Having to pass on Kevin Brown because you need Luis Castillo or Steve Sax..  Even when it comes to the last round, you will see guys skip Hall of Fame players because they need Tiny Bonham and his 105 relief innings.  It's a fun draft...even if you have to pick a Bluejay...so does everyone else.  It's different, give it a chance.
8/8/2013 12:20 AM
It's a fun draft, especially if you have to draft a Blue Jay. The whole purpose of UNO is to force bad choices on owners and require some creativity. Be glad Todd omitted the SKIP card in this one and is allowing more than one Reverse per round. Get SKIPPED with a one Reverse limit, and your anticipated 2nd pick in a Red Sox round becomes the 24th pick of the Brooklyn Robins. If you don't put some flexibility in your picks, you can also end up having to choose a far cheaper version of an early pick than you anticipated, after getting stuck with $3.6M worth of Gene Brabender.
8/8/2013 12:29 AM
I GOT A SITE-MAIL FROM JBAR SAYING I'M UP, BUT I DON'T SEE HIS PICK
8/8/2013 5:24 AM
will have no access today sorry was hoping to get my pick before this AM
8/8/2013 6:34 AM
Posted by joshkvt on 8/8/2013 12:29:00 AM (view original):
It's a fun draft, especially if you have to draft a Blue Jay. The whole purpose of UNO is to force bad choices on owners and require some creativity. Be glad Todd omitted the SKIP card in this one and is allowing more than one Reverse per round. Get SKIPPED with a one Reverse limit, and your anticipated 2nd pick in a Red Sox round becomes the 24th pick of the Brooklyn Robins. If you don't put some flexibility in your picks, you can also end up having to choose a far cheaper version of an early pick than you anticipated, after getting stuck with $3.6M worth of Gene Brabender.
Skip Card?  Yes, of course the Skip Card, I forgot about that.  It's been a while since I have played Uno.  This would have been GREAT with a skip card!  Next Time.

8/8/2013 8:36 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...81 Next ▸
UNO ! Draft Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.