Are there any VERY rich people who play HD? Topic

lofl...very well played dac
8/4/2013 5:19 PM
Am a former media mergers and acquisitions banker. Here's how to think about the value of HD: Depending on growth, I'd say it's worth 10-14x the total annual profit for this year. That's a reasonable ballpark for what is effectively a subscription business.

If someone wanted to figure out how many users are in each world, we could get a reasonable estimate of revenue for HD.

For expenses, figure there is one main programer, 1-2 customer services people, and some rented hosting. My guess is that expenses are under $200k / year.
8/4/2013 11:05 PM
Posted by stevejones16 on 8/4/2013 11:05:00 PM (view original):
Am a former media mergers and acquisitions banker. Here's how to think about the value of HD: Depending on growth, I'd say it's worth 10-14x the total annual profit for this year. That's a reasonable ballpark for what is effectively a subscription business.

If someone wanted to figure out how many users are in each world, we could get a reasonable estimate of revenue for HD.

For expenses, figure there is one main programer, 1-2 customer services people, and some rented hosting. My guess is that expenses are under $200k / year.
You should buy the game (only half-joking)!
8/4/2013 11:59 PM
Posted by moy23 on 8/3/2013 10:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by m4284850 on 8/3/2013 10:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kmasonbx1 on 8/3/2013 8:53:00 PM (view original):
Don't underestimate how many people play this game for free. Sure I bought a 10 pack on this ID, but on my other ID I haven't payed for a season in at least 2 years, it may have been even longer. Prior to this stretch I probably payed for about half my seasons, and I'm nowhere near the most accomplished coach in this game. 
Yeah, but you're a still a very top notch coach, I'm a decent coach (like most of the people who play this game) and I very rarely get seasons for free. I think you're overestimating the number of people who get free seasons.
in 2009 wiki has whatifsports at 600,000 users - other sites have 350,000 users when TK sold wis in 2005. there'd have to be a LOT of free seasons to make only $142,000 in revenue.
that must count the free sim games they offer - theres no way they are anywhere near either of those figures in terms of subscribers.
8/5/2013 11:00 AM
I'd guess that 80-90% (if not more) of those 600,000 users are inactive and a great deal probably never paid a dime as you suggested, billyg
8/5/2013 9:51 PM
If anyone knows exactly when FOX purchased WIS, you can probably dig through publicly available financial records and find the sale price.  The small company I work for was bought by a very large corporation some years ago, and at one point I was curious about the sale price and found it that way.
8/6/2013 2:27 PM
September 8, 2005 according to this

news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article
8/6/2013 2:37 PM
Ahhh the irony...

The sale should not change much about WhatIfSports.com's daily operations but will provide the advantages a parent company can give in marketing and research, company president Tarek Kamil said. ..
8/6/2013 2:55 PM
◂ Prev 12
Are there any VERY rich people who play HD? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.