BOTTOM DUMP - Round SIX: The Final Round! Topic

This one’s for all the marbles!  In this “Championship Round”, we’re going to offer up only the 26 teams that have been around since 1977. From 1977 through 2012 is a span of 36 years. Broken into four categories, you have:

1977-1985 / 1986-1994 / 1995-2003 / 2004-2012

Whichever franchise you select, you will:

(1) Build your roster with at least 6 players (minimum) from each group – none of which can be from the same season; and
(2) At least one pitcher from each category must finish the season with a minimum of 162 IP's; and
(3) At least two position players from each category must finish the season with a minimum of 502 PA's.

If any team finishes the season and doesn't meet the IP and PA minimum requirements listed here, they will be disqualified from the playoffs and winning the Championship. No excuses.

Draft order for this league will be determined by the number of wins in the previous round. Alignment will be in the order teams are chosen (i.e., first four N.L. squads will be N.L. East, etc.).

Here are some other items of interest:

NO: Waiver Wire, Trades or A.A.A.
YES: Designated Hitter – YES.
NO: Clones!
NO: Injuries – They’ll Be Turned Off.

You may use either full or partial players seasons in this round.

CAP – $120M

Stadium – You must use a park that your franchise called home at any time between 1977 and 2012.

THE WINNER OF THIS ROUND RECEIVES THE WINNER’S PURSE OF $310 FROM WHATIFSPORTS!

HERE ARE THE 26 FRANCHISES THAT HAVE BEEN AROUND SINCE 1977 AND YOUR CHOICES FOR THIS ROUND:

8/2/2013 9:53 PM (edited)

As teams are selected, I'll delete them from this list and post them below, next to the Owner's name

AMERICAN LEAGUE:

Baltimore Orioles
Chicago White Sox

8/13/2013 8:52 AM (edited)

The Draft Order for this Round will be:

(01) BUDDHAGAMER - Boston Red Sox
(02) SOPHIEGIANTS - Houston Astros
(03) FIRESALT - San Francisco Giants
(04) BUDDHAGAMER - St. Louis Cardinals
(05) BARRACUDA3 - New York Yankees
(06) CLWECW - Los Angeles Dodgers
(07) BARRACUDA3 - Atlanta Braves

(08) DEWELCH71 - New York Mets
(09) MLLAMA54 - Montreal Expos/Washington Nationals
(10) KMJK4 - Philadelphia Phillies
(11) COACHGREAT1 - Texas Rangers
(12) MLLAMA54 - Oakland Athletics
(13) NOCOMM999 - Cincinnati Reds
(14) UNCLEAL - Minnesota Twins
(15) FORTE4HIM - Detroit Tigers
(16) KSTOBER - Milwaukee Brewers
(17) THEJUICE6 - Toronto Blue Jays
(18) ROBIN4 - Kansas City Royals
(19) DEWELCH71 - Cleveland Indians
(20) DARTHDURRON - San Diego Padres
(21) URBAND - Seattle Mariners
(22) NOCOMM999 - California/Anaheim/Los Angeles Angels
(23) CARDINALDAVE - Chicago Cubs
(24) CALHOOP - Baltimore Orioles

8/13/2013 10:31 AM (edited)

Alignment for this Round will be as follows:

NATIONAL LEAGUE East
(1) SOPHIEGIANTS - Houston Astros
(2) FIRESALT - San Francisco Giants
(3) BUDDHAGAMER - St. Louis Cardinals
(4) CLWECW - Los Angeles Dodgers

NATIONAL LEAGUE Central
(1) BARRACUDA3 - Atlanta Braves
(2) DEWELCH71 - New York Mets
(3) MLLAMA54 - Montreal Expos/Washington Nationals
(4) KMJK4 - Philadelphia Phillies

NATIONAL LEAGUE West
(1) NOCOMM999 - Cincinnati Reds
(2) KSTOBER - Milwaukee Brewers
(3) DARTHDURRON - San Diego Padres
(4) CARDINALDAVE - Chicago Cubs

AMERICAN LEAGUE East
(1) BUDDHAGAMER - Boston Red Sox
(2) BARRACUDA3 - New York Yankees
(3) COACHGREAT1 - Texas Rangers
(4) MLLAMA54 - Oakland Athletics

AMERICAN LEAGUE Central
(1) UNCLEAL - Minnesota Twins
(2) FORTE4HIM - Detroit Tigers
(3) THEJUICE6 - Toronto Blue Jays
(4) ROBIN4 - Kansas City Royals

AMERICAN LEAGUE West
(1) DEWELCH71 - Cleveland Indians
(2) URBAND - Seattle Mariners
(3) NOCOMM999 - California/Anaheim/Los Angeles Angels
(4) CALHOOP - Baltimore Orioles

8/13/2013 10:31 AM (edited)

To the five owners who have two teams each in this round, please remember and plan accordingly...you gotta have one N.L. team and one A.L. team.

8/2/2013 10:08 PM
Okay, since both of the owners tied for the first pick each desire a different squad, it doesn't matter who's considered first or second - they both get their first choice.

SOPHIEGIANTS selects the HOUSTON ASTROS
BUDDHAGAMER selects the BOSTON RED SOX

8/4/2013 12:42 PM
I've been out of town this weekend and the two teams I had targeted just got picked. please give me a little time and I will have a pick either tonight or tomorrow morning.
8/4/2013 4:55 PM
San Francisco Giants
8/5/2013 3:45 AM (edited)
St. Louis Cardinals
8/5/2013 10:50 AM
As much as it pains me to say it, the Red Sox were clearly the best AL pick.  However, despite 3/4 of the rotation being abysmal, I'm going to have to give my beloved New York Yankees a shot.  If only Guidry could start every day...
8/5/2013 11:15 AM
Looks like based on the 1st round results, CLWECW (who beat my club in 5 games) and BARRACUDA3 are still fighting it out for the 6th pick. DEWELCH71's club bowed out in the first round, so by my calculations, he will have the 8th pick. 
8/5/2013 8:02 PM
I tried to convince myself to take the Yankees, and would have if Righetti was in a different era than Guidry. But it is hard to take a high pick on a team only in the hopes of being a wild card. So I chose the highly competitive NL, Problem is, Houston will be very tough to beat in the Playoffs for whoever has to play them.
8/6/2013 12:43 PM
Posted by firesalt on 8/6/2013 12:43:00 PM (view original):
I tried to convince myself to take the Yankees, and would have if Righetti was in a different era than Guidry. But it is hard to take a high pick on a team only in the hopes of being a wild card. So I chose the highly competitive NL, Problem is, Houston will be very tough to beat in the Playoffs for whoever has to play them.
Well you won't have to meet them until the NLCS since one of us would be the WC and we can't play the Astros right off the bat.

I predict the NL East is going to be the Group of Death as there are some very strong NL squads (more so than what I saw over in the AL).
8/6/2013 12:57 PM
I think both the NL East and NL Central will be such dogfights that any team can finish first or last, except Houston, and that is what has me nervous. The AL looks so much weaker, but I am not sure any team besides the Red Sox stands out there either. Every team has a glaring weakness somewhere.
8/7/2013 12:08 AM
It looks like the NL East is going to be steroid central - Bonds, McGwire, and Clemens. Whoever picks next really should take the cubs.
8/7/2013 3:06 PM
123 Next ▸
BOTTOM DUMP - Round SIX: The Final Round! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.