Voices Against Brain Cancer $100 GC, the result is Topic

This page and this November 17th walk are in memory of my mother, Adrienne Renzetti, who passed away from glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) brain cancer at age 58. This is the third year we are forming Adrienne's Crusaders in her honor. She succumbed to the same type of brain cancer that also took the lives of Gary Carter and Tug McGraw. All donations and walkers (including virtual walkers) are appreciated. Thank you for your support!

All donors' names will be entered in a drawing after the walk for a $100 GC. This was approved by Admin on October 8th.

http://www.voicesinmotion.org/site/TR/JoinTheVoicesWalk/JoinTheVoicesRunWalk?team_id=3610&pg=team&fr_id=1151
10/9/2013 9:57 AM (edited)
well done DJT.  very good on you.

condolences and love.
8/6/2013 5:34 PM
im on an unsecure wifi and you know I will donate Nick. I will when I get home do the $25 donation in your moms name. Is it easier to mail you a check or go thru the website?
8/6/2013 8:09 PM
Very cool.  I will donate asp.
8/7/2013 4:10 PM
What is the best way to donate?
8/7/2013 11:50 PM
No offense, but I always like to check things out before I consider donating.  Where does the money go?

I ask largely because a lot of cancer-oriented charities are really not good at disbursing the money they receive to meaningfully useful places.  The American Cancer Society is not bad, but not a great charity from my perspective.  Susan G. Komen is a money sink, I wouldn't dream of donating any money to them.

Obviously in your case it's not that specific organization, but they're not the only one.  Probably the most visible/famous one that's particularly bad...

8/8/2013 9:26 PM
The best way to donate is through the site. Sorry I did not respond right away but I have been very busy with my jobs and my kids all summer.

Thanks, Dub. I see you donated on the site already. Thanks in advance to JoCrane, Verynice, and anyone else who will donate.

Dahs, brain cancer is very rare when compared to other cancers, so I don't think VABC is in it for the money. Just my opinion. Still, brain cancer has an extremely low survival rate. My mom actually beat the odds just by living for 5 and a half years with stage 4 GBM. Only about 2 to 4% with that stage make it that far.

8/9/2013 7:53 PM

For those who are pay-by-Internet-phobic:

Q: Can I make a donation by check? (if you wish to register by check, please read the next Q&A)

A: Yes! And don't forget to indicate which team or participant you wish to support in the memo line of the check! To send a check, please fill out this form (hyperlink is attached here) and mail to it (with checks made out to Voices Against Brain Cancer) to:

Voices Against Brain Cancer

c/o Darren Port

1375 Broadway, 3rd Floor

New York, NY 10018

8/9/2013 7:58 PM
Just donated on the site. No better cause for me then fighting cancer of any type. Thanks for the opportunity to support.
8/9/2013 8:15 PM
Thanks, JBar.
8/9/2013 9:29 PM
I will on Monday when I get home...internet is not secure here in Mexico
8/9/2013 9:44 PM
done
good luck in hitting your goal. I hope you exceed it.ttyl
8/13/2013 8:02 PM
Thanks,  Rob.
8/14/2013 6:38 PM
I have contacted Admin about awarding a $100 GC to the winner of a raffle that would include every WifS member who donated to my mom's team. I will keep you all updated.
8/18/2013 5:40 AM
Site is still up. Donations are coming in. Thanks to those of you who donated. Anyone else's contributions are greatly appreciated.

I am still working on the $100 GC from Admin but that has not been confirmed yet.
9/18/2013 8:51 AM
12 Next ▸
Voices Against Brain Cancer $100 GC, the result is Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.