How many OL uses defines a cookie? Topic

Posted by rbow923 on 8/7/2013 10:48:00 PM (view original):
a cookie is a player used on cookie cutter teams. you know, those people who play a bazillion OL teams using the same players over and over again. A cookie is not just about how frequently a player is selected, it's about what kind of team selects him. 
 at some point the definition got expanded to include any frequently selected player on any kind of team. Top Ten most overused terms on the forum.
I disagree entirely.  I've been here since 2006, and at that time there was active thread started by JohnGPF that was a list of the cookies in use at the time (we miss ya Johnny Dots...).  This was prior to WIS providing the "most commonly used player list." 

His method: go through every OL that was active at that point and manually count the number of times each player was used.  In other words, the definition of "cookie" in use then was 100% determined by "frequency of use in OLs", without regard to what kind of team it was.  And it absolutely included both 200K players (there was a version of Sid Bream at that time that was on just about everyone's roster) and higher salary players (that thread was where I first learned about Johnny Niggeling).

Cookie = frequently used player.
8/11/2013 9:05 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
i list of the top 500 most used players & pitchers it is from 2011 when was running top 500 black list league can look for and post

8/17/2013 7:41 PM
Amy!  You're alive!
8/18/2013 12:54 AM
I donot consider 200k players that we almost always use to fill out our rosters as "cookies." They seldom get to play, and when they do, they usually lose. The question itself is nearly rhetorical, inasmuchas we know the answer, but it is difficult to quantify. IMO Zub, you are splitting hairs. Just go with the your gut. You know who the cookies are, and who they are not.
9/1/2013 4:57 PM
◂ Prev 12
How many OL uses defines a cookie? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.