D3, Season 68 Topic

Pseudo, it'll be ok. Everything is better with bacon, so.... Wooster = bacon sandwhich; bacon sandwhich = good; therefore, Wooster = good
8/29/2013 11:52 PM
W-O-O-S-T-E-R! Wooster, Wooster, let's go SCOTS!!

lean to the left, lean to the right, hit 'em on the head with a brick! Hoo-AH!!!

8/30/2013 12:08 AM
If "bacon sandwich" isn't the answer, then I don't wanna be right.
8/30/2013 10:03 AM
Thanks for the words of support, for my team and for bacon.  It's pretty obvious, bacon is pretty awesome.

And I think what this forum thread needs is more fight songs and chants.  Particularly any chants involving hitting things with bricks.  And bacon.

8/30/2013 12:46 PM
You should be honored pseudo, that was an actual Wooster cheer, albeit from football. The lacrosse ones are infinitely more amusing but would require far too many *s to do justice.
8/30/2013 1:10 PM
So you're saying that a weekend road trip to Wooster to take in a lacrosse game would be worth the drive?  I might be able to make that happen...
8/30/2013 1:31 PM
Piedmont says "BEAT ALL THE TEAMS!!" and stays atop the rankings once again.  Updated perfect/"perfect" record counts: 17 undefeated teams and 15 winless teams.  What's a matching term for winless?  Unvictoried?  Unlostto?  Sucky?

Last Night
#13 Ursinus 49   #5 Emory 70
This one was not close.  Emory led most of the game including 33-17 at the half.  Emory shot 53% from the floor while Ursinus shot 38%.  Yesterday I was starting a feature game preview paragraph about the Millsaps/Emmanuel game but then I changed my mind and went with this one.  Millsaps got a bucket with four seconds left to win by two.  Should've gone with my first choice, my bad.  Anyway, Emory keeps their impressive non-conference streak rolling and move up one spot in the rankings.  Ursinus falls out of the top ten with their second loss of the season.

Also considered: #1 Piedmont ran away from #17 S. Vermont 97-66, as stated earlier #3 Millsaps won a thriller at Emmanuel 69-67, #6 Johnson and Wales handled Texas Lutheran 103-82, and #16 Christopher Newport got a big road win at #25 Concordia 86-70.

Sim blowout watch: Cornell became yet another blowout victim as they failed to cover the admittedly lowish 34 point spread against #4 Susquehanna 45-85.

GotN
#14 Penn St. Altoona (7-1)(frankgrimes1) at #3 Millsaps (8-0)(brianxavier)
I missed out on an exciting Millsaps game last night, won't make the same mistake twice.  Millsaps looks to finish off the non-conference home slate strong as they host an always-solid Penn St. Altoona team with only one loss so far.  There's a lot of history with this matchup, brian is leading frank by the score of 12-8 and his team is favored by 6 points at home tonight.

Also considered: #4 Susquehanna at #16 Christopher Newport, #7 Ozarks at #25 Concordia, Emmanuel at #8 Webster, Calvin at #12 Palm Beach Atlantic, and #15 Oglethorpe at Texas Lutheran

Sim blowout watch: St. Norbert is getting 45 points as they host #18 W. New England and Castleton St. is a 39 point road dog at #17 S. Vermont.
8/30/2013 2:18 PM
Posted by pseudochamp on 8/30/2013 1:31:00 PM (view original):
So you're saying that a weekend road trip to Wooster to take in a lacrosse game would be worth the drive?  I might be able to make that happen...
I can't speak for the modern day, but a quarter century ago, lacrosse games at Wooster were a great way to sit outside in the sun and enjoy a beer or two (per period...). My dorm overlooked the lacrosse field all four years I was there. Between that and my practice time with the golf team, it's a miracle I got any work done once the calendar hit April.
8/30/2013 3:20 PM
And I believe in the modern era, those 0-fers would be labeled "victoriously challenged" squads.
8/30/2013 3:22 PM
I, actually dont eat bacon. Yes I know im weird.
8/30/2013 3:54 PM
I don't eat pork ... except bacon ... because bacon tastes good.

Course I'm partial to beef bacon too ... but it's hard to find. 

Turkey bacon just doesn't measure up.
8/30/2013 4:19 PM
Actually, I dont eat any meat. Yes I'm a weirdo
8/30/2013 7:00 PM
Getting prepped for Piedmont tonight.  Hoping slowdown will keep it under thirty, but they are definitely going to be drinking my milkshake.
8/30/2013 7:32 PM
Sorry this is late but after losing last night by 1 point on a last second shot, I spent most of the day in the fetal position, rocking in the corner, sobbing loudly, and telling myself that my RPI was going to be ok.  After finishing off a half-gallon of cookie dough ice cream, I think I've recovered.

Lost a few undefeated teams last night, down to 11 perfect records.  Look at those jerks, they have no idea how good they have it.  Why can't I have a perfect record?  Don't I deserve one?  Oh, and 13 winless teams.  I'm with you winless teams, I know what it's like to lose.  Sucks, don't it?

Last Night
#12 Penn St. Altoona 67   #5 Millsaps 66
Speaking of losing by 1 point on a last second shot, brian was probably slowly nodding his head while reading my sad rant above.  As a single tear rolled down his cheek.  Or not.  Millsaps held the lead for most of the first half and went into the break feeling good with a 9 point lead.  That lead was extended in the second half and PSA was down by 19 with seven and a half to play.  PSA then opened up a keg of smothering defense and went on an amazing 18-0 run to make the score 60-61 with just over two minutes left.  Millsaps found a way to recover from that shock and traded baskets to hold that 1 point lead with thirty seconds left.  But then Millsaps missed the front end of a 1 and 1, PSA made a couple free throws, and Millsaps did the same to pull back ahead by 1 with just sixteen seconds on the clock.  Then PSA's Richard Brewer sent the shell-shocked home fans to the exits with a go-ahead finger roll with two seconds remaining and a halfcourt prayer went unanswered for Millsaps.  PSA and frankgrimes get the huge road victory and deal Millsaps and brianxavier their first loss of the season.  Quite the game.

Also considered: #2 Susquehanna came from behind late to take out #23 Christopher Newport 65-59, #7 Ozarks handled Concordia 81-64, #8 Webster got the home win over Emmanuel 78-70 (Gorloks), #11 Palm Beach Atlantic got past Calvin 62-51, and #13 Oglethorpe downed Texas Lutheran 86-78.

Sim blowout watch: Both of our sims covered fairly easily last night: St. Norbert fell to #19 W. New England 59-89 and Castleton St. lost to #18 S. Vermont 50-81.

GotN
#3 Johnson and Wales (8-1)(spasticity) at #2 Susquehanna (9-0)(zeuspole)
Wow, five games between ranked teams on the last night of the non-conference season.  Two are picks, two have a spread of 1 points, and the last spread is only 6.  After careful deliberation with the GotN advisory board, I'm going with this classic battle between two of the top three ranked teams.  J-Dub's only loss was to #1 Piedmont and Susquehanna is looking to complete the ten game sweep through the non-conference slate.  And the series record between these two is just one game with zeuspole holding a 9-8 advantage over spasticity.  The odd-makers have the visitors as a 1 point favorite but the spider monkeys are going to have a battle on their hands to get what would be a massive road win.

Also considered: #6 Emory at #1 Piedmont, #10 Wittenberg at #17 Lynchburg, #20 Rivier at #12 Penn St. Altoona, and #23 Christopher Newport at #18 S. Vermont.

Sim blowout watch: Winless Anderson is getting a hefty 71 points as they host #15 New York U.
8/31/2013 10:45 PM
My guys are going to wear diapers to the next practice after getting soundly spanked by Hardin-Simmons and Piedmont. 
9/1/2013 2:54 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...12 Next ▸
D3, Season 68 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.