Slow Down Sports Topic

Posted by hoosierkyle on 8/20/2013 10:03:00 AM (view original):
There is something to be said for the power of having a good team and using Slow Down.  Stevens Tech has been a fairly easy one for me (I started Slow Down last season) and I've been winning easily in the Regular Season and have had some success in the Post Season.

I've had success with Fast Break but never in the Post Season.  I don't understand how Big 6 teams with so much talent run slow down offenses and only get up 45 shots a game.  Part of the fun for me is breaking school scoring records and what not, but that's a personal preference.

Ultimately, the object of the game is to win the National Title, not break the school scoring record.   
8/20/2013 5:40 PM
So basically he's throwing a temper tantrum because some mean guys are ruining his ability to break scoring records. What an idiot.
8/20/2013 6:08 PM
Posted by grissom97 on 8/20/2013 6:08:00 PM (view original):
So basically he's throwing a temper tantrum because some mean guys are ruining his ability to break scoring records. What an idiot.
+1
8/20/2013 6:12 PM
Posted by hoosierkyle on 8/20/2013 9:05:00 AM (view original):
It's nearly impossible to run fast break on D3 because the level of recruits is so low.

In D1, nobody is paying money to watch guys walk up and down the court.  It's what inferior teams do. 

No biggy...I'll readjust and continue to dominate the conference like I have been at SMU.

Dude the only reason your dominating is that you play mostly SIMS.  You Stevens Tech team is in a mostly SIM conference and you played 2 humans in NC.  If you call that dominating than so be it.  P.S. > You're not dominating at SMU, sorry to say.  DAMN!!  ;)
8/20/2013 6:33 PM
Too lazy to fully read through this but I've run uptempo every game this season and I'm 26-1. Not sure what the issue he has with slowdown is.  That and I've had plenty of teams run slowdown against me and I still might have two kids finish in the top five all-time in scoring for my team. 
8/23/2013 7:52 PM
Posted by terps21234 on 8/20/2013 6:33:00 PM (view original):
It's nearly impossible to run fast break on D3 because the level of recruits is so low.

In D1, nobody is paying money to watch guys walk up and down the court.  It's what inferior teams do. 

No biggy...I'll readjust and continue to dominate the conference like I have been at SMU.

Dude the only reason your dominating is that you play mostly SIMS.  You Stevens Tech team is in a mostly SIM conference and you played 2 humans in NC.  If you call that dominating than so be it.  P.S. > You're not dominating at SMU, sorry to say.  DAMN!!  ;)
Stevens into the Sweet 16 for the second year in a row.

SMU with a stunning Conference tournament championship run.

I guess my whining has inspired my guys. 

8/24/2013 2:43 PM (edited)
Posted by grissom97 on 8/20/2013 6:08:00 PM (view original):
Feel free to schedule me whenever you want to play.
8/24/2013 2:39 PM
Yeah I'll get right on that, lol.  Not sure if you'd whine more about me kicking your butt or for me running the slow down ruining your imaginary teams imaginary hopes of breaking an imaginary scoring title.  
8/24/2013 3:37 PM
Posted by hoosierkyle on 8/24/2013 2:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by terps21234 on 8/20/2013 6:33:00 PM (view original):

Stevens into the Sweet 16 for the second year in a row.

SMU with a stunning Conference tournament championship run.

I guess my whining has inspired my guys. 

And you did it versus the near unbeatable slowdown in 3 of your CT games.
8/24/2013 3:52 PM
Stevens running the very slowdown about which you complain?  this is one of the oddest complaint threads I have ever seen - people should NOT do ....what I do ...says the poster......
8/25/2013 8:21 AM
I think that's kind of a facile way to look at it.  If I thought slowdown was way too strong (I don't), I'd run it every game.  I might not post about it to avoid letting others in on my spectacular perception and insight, but I'd do it all the time to get the edge I thought was there.  It's not hypocrisy, what OP did -  it's perfectly coherent.
8/25/2013 3:33 PM
Posted by llamanunts on 8/25/2013 3:33:00 PM (view original):
I think that's kind of a facile way to look at it.  If I thought slowdown was way too strong (I don't), I'd run it every game.  I might not post about it to avoid letting others in on my spectacular perception and insight, but I'd do it all the time to get the edge I thought was there.  It's not hypocrisy, what OP did -  it's perfectly coherent.
interesting point, i agree the issue is not hypocrisy but rather the complaint being so lacking in substance.
8/25/2013 5:20 PM
i also think people are putting words in his mouth to some extent, saying he says its ok to run slowdown himself but not for anyone else. i thought he was saying its a problem that WIS should fix - that is totally different.
8/25/2013 5:22 PM
Nope, he was complaining because it was inhibiting his ability to break scoring records, total whiner.  The fact he uses the slowdown just makes it more pathetic.
8/25/2013 7:36 PM
◂ Prev 123
Slow Down Sports Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.