What can you expect??????? Topic

redbox you are giving help so quickly that when I finish a post, youve already added 2!
8/22/2013 8:55 PM
just give me a range of where i want to be stats wise in these categories: 2pt%#,3pt%#,efg%,Oreb%,Dreb%, ast%, stl%, blk%, per, mid, pnt.
8/22/2013 9:00 PM
Lol, BC I have other things I should be doing. :) 

I think if you look at everything said/read those links (and the knowledge base) you'll see there isn't a range you need to be in. It's all about trade offs. Higher in one area means lower in another. No one here will say "you need x in mid and y in stl%"...that's not how this works. It's not THAT formulaic. At least not to that type of formula.
8/22/2013 9:05 PM
My advice is read the forums and the knowledge base and learn through trial and error.
8/22/2013 9:06 PM
If it will help here is my current team: whatifsports.com/nbal/stats.asp
 is EXIBITION when they are real good will make them in a full league
8/22/2013 9:08 PM
THANKS A WHOLE BUNCH exactly what I was looking for still open to comments if you have any 
You did it again redbox!!!
8/22/2013 9:12 PM
That link does not work. *sad face*
8/22/2013 9:32 PM
Another piece of advice...know why you are making the team you are making. I (and I'm guessing most people on here) have made teams that were at least mildly successful that we didn't care about once the season got going - you just kind of look at them and go "oh...ok. cool."). So have a purpose...are you making a team with guys you like? Are you making a team with a particular theme or strategy you are excited about? Have a reason to want to check your team twice per day. It's more fun to have a team you care about stink than have a team you could care less about do "ok."
8/22/2013 9:36 PM
I check my team 2ce a day,at the beginning of the season i set my coaching options and I sometimes closely evaluate the boxscore. I check the rankings to see where i can improve and i keep track of my ''keepers'' I dont have special themes. The link worked on the usage thread look at it there!!
8/22/2013 9:59 PM
Ignore the 2ptFG%# and 3ptFG%#.  They were put there to normalize the eras.  It is still a failure.

Range of the other stats a subjective.  You know about usage, but the other stats have plenty of threads devoted to them.

Paint, Midrange, Perimeter shows the percentage of shots a given player will take from where on the court.

The others you just want more.  efg, reb, ast, and defensive stats you just want more.
8/22/2013 10:27 PM
read the post I linked you in the usage thread.  There isn't a recipe for success.  A dash of this & a dash of that... there also are no shortcuts.  Actually there is.  There is a wealth of information available to make the transition faster.
8/22/2013 10:44 PM
I know ash, thanks malone ash i read it and it was v helpful . But I dont want my team to be HORRIBLE in any areas. and if I want to be better in an area I want to know where would be good?
8/23/2013 4:32 PM
always open to anything

8/23/2013 6:04 PM
Still got anything for me peeps?
8/24/2013 1:48 PM
As I said in my post, I won't give you X, Y & Z.  Learn them on your own.  Or do as I suggested in that thread & look at the top 25 teams, check out the OL teams and see what kind of numbers they use, then use that as a guide for your own experimentation.
8/24/2013 4:10 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
What can you expect??????? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.