is there any difference from that info and the info that anyone would see from the "considering other schools" indication on a recruiting search?
8/31/2013 3:11 PM
There is once one school is knocked off the considering list.
8/31/2013 3:24 PM
so it would be a problem for someone to post "that is some battle we are having, good luck, [name of other school]"
8/31/2013 3:34 PM
I'm not saying it's necessarily a problem, and I don't think it's a black and white, one-size-fits-all situation.  It's just a nonzero amount of information that's provided.
8/31/2013 3:36 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 8/31/2013 3:34:00 PM (view original):
so it would be a problem for someone to post "that is some battle we are having, good luck, [name of other school]"
Very interesting point. I think what makes it look wrong in some eyes is the hint of hostility. If that coach had simply said, good luck with "X player," "Y coach" nobody would have thought much of it. And it gives exactly the same amount of information. 
8/31/2013 4:23 PM
ive seen that comment made and was OK with it - but it was always when the battle went deep, signings passed, both players had their classes wrapped up minus this one guy. its totally fine in that case. i dont think its good to say that unless that is the case.

8/31/2013 6:27 PM
No one should be mentioning anyone else's recruits in the CC while recruiting is ongoing. Never know what information might be infered by another coach reading.

Best advice is to shut-the-hell-up while recruiting is ongoing ... then there is no problem.

Comments can be made when recruiting is finished. 
8/31/2013 7:52 PM
I think its a shame that shut the hell up appears to be the required posture.  Banter is fun - so long as no meaningful info is communication, no collusion is suggested or enabled.

Admin said in reply to colonels situation - see the other thread - that the posting complained about here was a problem because "Posting recruiting information, specifically money spent, is a violation of our FairPlay Guidelines."

pretty darn minimal information in the posting - I concede it is more than zero.

so this means posting things like "good luck in our battle" or "wow, look at those great recruits in Alaska" or "I need to get me some bigs" are all forbidden.  Aarg.

9/1/2013 10:36 AM (edited)
I've always assumed (and read in that thread from 4 years ago that I bumped) that "table talk" of any kind was frowned upon, that's why I never said anything in regards to my own battles until after recruiting was over.  If you need to talk **** to win recruits, that's kinda weak if you ask me...I'm not opposed to it, but if you need to use scare tactics then...
9/1/2013 10:58 AM
People have the weirdest perspectives.
9/1/2013 11:08 AM
I'm going to talk more then ever next recruiting period, lol. Just because this is so absurdly silly. I can't wait for people to get upset about how much I'm talking, since there are a decent % of guys who think you shouldn't talk at all. 
9/1/2013 11:27 AM
You want to talk about others recruits  ... send site mail. Keep it out of the coaches corner where all can read.
9/1/2013 2:49 PM
I think recruiting talk in the CC or sitemail is akin to your right to freedom of speech. You can pretty much say what you want until you violate someone else's rights. Then you're open to all kinds of litigation. If something you post in the CC leads to another coach losing out on a recruit that's not really fair to the other coach regardless of their recruiting situation.
9/3/2013 3:32 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.