Posted by evil_twin on 2/28/2014 8:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/25/2014 3:04:00 PM (view original):
Ridiculous 40 time gives Houston an out.    Draft him, let Schaub have another year and hope next year's class produces a more certain QB.
Like Marcus Mariota?
Maybe.   Or Brett Hundley/Jameis Winston. 

I don't know if there will be someone more likely to succeed at the next level but I know Bridgewater/Manziel/Bortles are far from guaranteed.   I wouldn't spend a #1 pick on any of them.
3/1/2014 7:29 AM
I like Teddy Bridgewater. I think people are over-thinking it on him. Comparing him to Geno is a bit much. Geno's big problem was he took forever to make a decision where to throw the ball at West Virginia, and he's even worse with the Jets. To be a little fair, the Jets may have had the worst collection of skill position players in the NFL.

Manziel's a complete wildcard as been discussed everywhere, ad nauseum.

I know nothing about Bortles besides he's white and went to UCF.
3/3/2014 11:48 PM

The concern about Bridgewater is his frame, he's small, and the fact that he didn't play against top competition very often.   The same could be said of Bortles except he's got the QB build.  I think he's something like 6-4, 240.

3/4/2014 7:08 AM
There was some concerns about his build, but for the most part went out the window with a 6'2" 217 pound combine.
3/7/2014 6:17 PM
My guess is the vast majority of starting QB are bigger than that.
3/8/2014 7:31 AM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.