USF, what did you do to build your championship team in FL?  You cant trade, you cant sign free agents, you dont draft R5 players.. So basically you started out with  3rd pick with a team that won 80+.. You drafted a franchise SP with that 3rd pick and it looks like you also started with a pretty low salary so you could chase IFA's from day 1..  While your team started with this advantage there were many other teams that were handcuffed by the rules and unable to build there teams.  People could make an argument that your two rings from that world should have an *..
9/4/2013 12:02 PM

No, no, no!!!  You don't understand the competitve nature of that world.    While some teams, obviously tankers, can't break 70 wins for seasons on end and others can't lose 70 games for seasons on end, it is NOT because teams with good players from the start get to keep them FOR LIFE!!!!!

9/4/2013 12:06 PM
And, FWIW, I really don't know any of that to be true, I was only there for one season, but it stands to reason that it is.    In my one season experience, I felt "stuck" when I needed to add a player or two for the 2nd half of the season due to injuries.    And it's not because I build a 25 man roster, I build 30 man rosters(so to speak) to cover for poor play/injuries but, sometimes, you need to add something.   It can't happen in For Life and that's why it wasn't for me.
9/4/2013 12:10 PM
LOL.  I'm bored.  Seems USFB called a FL owner a tanker.   No idea if it's true but here's his record:

88-74

2nd

Yes

No

no

no

no

93-69

1st

No

Yes

yes

yes

yes

80-82

1st

No

Yes

yes

no

no

63-99

3rd

No

No

50-112

4th

No

No

59-103

4th

No

No

62-100

4th

No

No

59-103

4th

No

No

58-104

4th

No

No

0-0

---

-

-

-

-

-

-

He's booted from Coop after S5.    There's your "competitiveness" proof, dummy.    I'll not deny that an owner or two has a bad season, or run, from time to time in Coop.  However, if they put together something like this, they're not in Coop.   Well, no one puts together a string like this because they're booted after S5 for being unable to win 195 games over a three season span.
9/4/2013 12:58 PM
I had my Snickers. What the heck is Scrubs?
9/4/2013 1:00 PM
If you're waiting on me to join, you better get another.

I think it's an obscure, at least to me, comedy.   One season, I think.
9/4/2013 1:04 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/4/2013 1:04:00 PM (view original):
If you're waiting on me to join, you better get another.

I think it's an obscure, at least to me, comedy.   One season, I think.
One season, 8-plus-one.....what evs. ;-)
9/4/2013 2:11 PM
I didn't watch.  So, yeah, that could certainly be right. 
9/4/2013 2:19 PM
Posted by willsauve on 9/4/2013 12:02:00 PM (view original):
USF, what did you do to build your championship team in FL?  You cant trade, you cant sign free agents, you dont draft R5 players.. So basically you started out with  3rd pick with a team that won 80+.. You drafted a franchise SP with that 3rd pick and it looks like you also started with a pretty low salary so you could chase IFA's from day 1..  While your team started with this advantage there were many other teams that were handcuffed by the rules and unable to build there teams.  People could make an argument that your two rings from that world should have an *..

I'l bite.

The team I got at the world creation was crap. Look at the blog, I was picked to finish last by most owners. When compared on the franchise rankings it was in the bottom third of just about every rating. No doubt I was lucky to draw 3rd pick. But I made moves to build a succesful team (good defense, good pitching, just enough hitting). I also *got* the concept and what it would take to be succesful in the world (which is right along the lines as all other worlds), right off the bat.  

My two rings came during season 6 and 9. That is how many real life months after creation? It is quite the stretch to say that I was handed anything in that world. So yeah, you can make that argument, it would be incorrect, but you can make that argument.

9/4/2013 4:01 PM
Posted by tropicana on 9/4/2013 11:59:00 AM (view original):
Posted by usfbully on 9/4/2013 11:19:00 AM (view original):
I will restate, any opinion formed of "me" from this thread, or this website in general, is worthless. In what is the equivalent of World of Warcraft for sports, it is actually sad to see some people devote so much time and money to this site.  
I have a whole lot of friends that are ******** and jerks. Some of the people here I would consider "friends". They're big jerks too. Not a single one of them would have said the things you said, usf. They have some character. And even though this is an internet message board, their character wouldn't have let them post the fairly terrible things that you did, fake internet tough guy or not. There's lines you don't cross, and not only have you crossed them, you've stayed firmly implanted on the other side like a racist, ignorant abs horrible person. Whether or not you ARE the type of person that thinks it's ok to say the things you said, you've given off the very reasonable impression that you ARE that person and not given anyone the cause to defend you. On top of that, you've made it nearly impossible to fill For Life with any owner of any quality because of your outburst. Quite the job well done, really. But keep pushing this and not apologizing. Please.

To paraphrase the tv show Scrubs....
"THESE ARE MY MACHINES!!!! MY MY MY MACHINES!!!"
"Whose machines are they?"
"Helping or hurting, JD, helping or hurting?"
You have no idea what my religion is. You have no idea what my race is. You have no idea what my sex is. You have no idea what my income level is. You do not know who is typing this!

Stop trying to be holier than thou. I am not being a fake internet tough guy. I am not threating anyone. I am not asking to meet anyone in real life. I made an anology. It was a tad hyperbolic, but it was an anology. You are the one who is pretending to be offended by the whole matter.

I am not pushing anything. How many posts has Mike, and all of his other followers (you) made in this thread?
9/4/2013 4:07 PM
I had considered FL to be one of the more enjoyable worlds to be in. I like how trade-rape and ridiculous contract signings are an impossibility there. This episode is making me wonder if I want to continue to be in a world with someone like usfbully in it. It's regretable, because kcden is a really good commish, and everyone else in FL don't deserve to have this world thrown under the bus like this because of one idiot's tirade. It's clear that the theme to this world makes for some difficulties, but each owner is faced with the same challenges. As for jefepwnzer being a tanker, I find that to be ridiculous. It's clear to me that he is not tanking. A tanker uses losing for 2-4 seasons as a means to better his team. If Seattle were tanking, they would have a super team by now. It's too bad we can't just kick someone out of a world for being a jackass.
9/4/2013 4:13 PM
I intentionally deleted the accused tanker's name out because I didn't feel like dragging anyone else into usfb's dumbassery.    IMO, I can see how a team can fall into an abyss and struggle to get out under this format.    And I can equally see how someone could be set up on inception and never struggle.   There's really only so much one can do to succeed/fail in that world. 

Nonetheless, if you enjoy the world, I certainly wouldn't let one dumbass run me off.  Hell, I'm in a world with lesliechow.
9/4/2013 4:28 PM
I don't mind saying his name here, because if you look at our world chat, he has responded there. I apologize to jefe for mentioning his name here, but since I firmly believe that the way he is running his team is not tanking, I don't feel the need to keep his ID secret.
9/4/2013 4:38 PM
Posted by usfbully on 9/4/2013 4:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tropicana on 9/4/2013 11:59:00 AM (view original):
Posted by usfbully on 9/4/2013 11:19:00 AM (view original):
I will restate, any opinion formed of "me" from this thread, or this website in general, is worthless. In what is the equivalent of World of Warcraft for sports, it is actually sad to see some people devote so much time and money to this site.  
I have a whole lot of friends that are ******** and jerks. Some of the people here I would consider "friends". They're big jerks too. Not a single one of them would have said the things you said, usf. They have some character. And even though this is an internet message board, their character wouldn't have let them post the fairly terrible things that you did, fake internet tough guy or not. There's lines you don't cross, and not only have you crossed them, you've stayed firmly implanted on the other side like a racist, ignorant abs horrible person. Whether or not you ARE the type of person that thinks it's ok to say the things you said, you've given off the very reasonable impression that you ARE that person and not given anyone the cause to defend you. On top of that, you've made it nearly impossible to fill For Life with any owner of any quality because of your outburst. Quite the job well done, really. But keep pushing this and not apologizing. Please.

To paraphrase the tv show Scrubs....
"THESE ARE MY MACHINES!!!! MY MY MY MACHINES!!!"
"Whose machines are they?"
"Helping or hurting, JD, helping or hurting?"
You have no idea what my religion is. You have no idea what my race is. You have no idea what my sex is. You have no idea what my income level is. You do not know who is typing this!

Stop trying to be holier than thou. I am not being a fake internet tough guy. I am not threating anyone. I am not asking to meet anyone in real life. I made an anology. It was a tad hyperbolic, but it was an anology. You are the one who is pretending to be offended by the whole matter.

I am not pushing anything. How many posts has Mike, and all of his other followers (you) made in this thread?
Yes...I am pretending to be offended....that's exactly the root the problem. You were a tad hyperbolic and I am pretending to be offended.

Since I feel like it would be prudent to make sure you know, the above was ALL sarcasm. And I was rolling my eyes as I typed it.
9/4/2013 5:44 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.