Mafia Game Cinco--TOWN WINS Topic

We have time if the two cops contact me today.  And why would anyone not believe I'm the doctor if nobody else claims the doctor?  Obviously if someone is the doctor they will call me out for my declaration because I would then be lying, making me mafia.  If that doesn't happen... then why wouldn't the cops trust me?

I can keep their identities hidden and trade the information between the two.... and post the information here so everyone will have the information to make a good decision on who we lynch.

We can't forget, that there are 11 of us left.  3/11 are mafia.  So that's more than 25% of the vote that is controlled by the 3 people who KNOW Who they are and are working together.

9/4/2013 5:43 PM
Just for clarification, since I forgot, Shlog was a townie.

Sorry about the slow responses.
9/4/2013 5:44 PM
Maybe if you aren't the real doctor that he's staying hidden because he doesn't want to become a target. Realistically, if both cops contacted pola and then another doctor surfaces then pola knows the top targets for the mafia. I may be confused but I can see where that would work. Btw, I am a townie. Kind of good since Im still trying to figure this game out.
9/4/2013 6:12 PM
But, then again, you didn't even know there was 3 mafia, so maybe you really are the doc.
9/4/2013 6:15 PM
If that were the case... Then the "real" doctor would be retarded for not calling me out for a lynching for lying, obviously meaning I was mafia.

The whole trick of this game is to catch someone lying. Would I really put myself out there right from the start and lie, knowing that the "real" doctor could call me out immediately? Two doctors would make it an easy 50/50 decision of who we lynch.

Think it through. To me, the people who don't see the logic in it are the ones who don't want the townies to find each other, making them much more of a suspect in my book.

As I said before, if someone wants to call me out... Please do. Otherwise once everyone has come forward... Who else can be trusted?
9/4/2013 6:26 PM
Good point but its a strategy that could reveal 2 big roles to the mafia at the expense of 1.
9/4/2013 6:42 PM
The main thing that can help us right now is knowing who the cops investigated and the outcomes of those investigations.

If the cops want to come right out and say it.... They can do that. But then everyone (including the mafia) will know who is what. All I am saying is I can provide an outlet and protect the identities of the information I receive.

Plus.... I don't want to guess tonight with a 1/8 chance of who the mafia kills. If they kill me... Well at least them the cops will have another investigation for day2
9/4/2013 6:42 PM
Without knowing the investigation results we are blind guessing who to lynch. Even if both cops investigations came back innocent... Well we know for sure that one of those two people actually are. If we never find out the results of those incestigations and the cop dies tonight... We don't know squat tomorrow
9/4/2013 6:45 PM
The cops need to get that info out there and need to do it without giving their identities to the mafia. If my claim isn't "innocent" enough then by all means give the info to someone else to carry out my same plan and get that info put here for everyone to see... But I don't know if anyone can come up with a better strategy than this to prove innocence.... Unless the vigilante wants to make the same claim.

And as playing as the mafia before trust me the vigilante is much more of a target for the mafia then the doctor... Because he can kill the mafia in their sleep (and potentially turn the tide of the game later if the townies need to kill 2 mafia to avoid being outnumbered)
9/4/2013 6:49 PM
Posted by mb625 on 9/4/2013 4:10:00 PM (view original):
1. awags
2. Pola- CLAIMS DOCTOR
3. mb625- TOWNSPERSON (W OR W/O ROLE)
4. nyaggie- FIRST TO REACT TO SHLOG'S DEATH (if that means anything to anyone.); HASN'T CLAIMED ANYTHING YET
5. onside- CLAIMS TOWNSPERSON (W/ OR W/O ROLE)
6. csudak- CLAIMS TOWNSPERSON (W/O ROLE)
7. Columbusbuck
8. patsrule- CLAIMS TOWNSPERSON (W/ OR W/O ROLE)
9. shlog- DEAD
10. ghutton- CONFUSED
11. citizenkane
12. sjurat
Okay, took me 20 minutes to wade through all of Tyson's mini novel, but I think I'm up to date on everything.  Here is what I think, as of 6:45pm EST 4 people haven't spoke up according to mb's post above.

From my experience there are always one mafia who speaks up early and one mafia who lays in the weeds.  With 3 mafia, I like our odds that one of the 3 is awags, columbusbuck, citizenkane, or sjurat.

I feel like that when someone is new to the game, they don't want to give away any info, so are any of those 4 first time players?
That might be our best bet unless the cops and doctor are able to find each other.

9/4/2013 6:49 PM
Casey you have played enough to know that we need to see the results of the investigations. One way or another who was investigated and the results need to surface.
9/4/2013 6:52 PM
Posted by polabonez on 9/4/2013 6:52:00 PM (view original):
Casey you have played enough to know that we need to see the results of the investigations. One way or another who was investigated and the results need to surface.
Obviously, but with 2 cops that is a big wrench.  Having been the cop in previous games, it's hard to convince the doctor to believe when you have certain information, but in this game you basically have to flip a coin on who to believe.

9/4/2013 7:07 PM
Caesari, ? for you.

If the PI investigates a player and it comes back as cop, will that mean its the REAL COP, or just a cop of some sort?

9/4/2013 7:09 PM
Right but as I said before any info is better than no info. Even two "innnocents" might mean that one isn't true... But it CEARTANLY means one of the two is true.

And if the info doesn't come forward now... And we lose a cop tonight... We never get that info.

I'm just going to say it again... If you are the cop. Give me the results and I will post them here and not disclose your identity. If you don't trust me then give it to someone to post... But I can assure you I'm the doctor, and can at least protect you from one more night.

If everyone stays silent it not only hurts us, but gives the mafia the opportunity to "bluff" cop causing even more confusion.

I'm not going to say anything else about it because every told I do if makes the mafia see that I don't have the info.

If you don't want me to post the incestigation results than I won't. But the doctor and the cops need to hook up before its too late. And if I donf know who to save... Bet your *** ill save myself.

9/4/2013 7:15 PM
And as you can start to tell from my spelling... Beer is starting to flow... And night will be coming sooner for some than others....
9/4/2013 7:17 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...19 Next ▸
Mafia Game Cinco--TOWN WINS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.