Mafia Game Cinco--TOWN WINS Topic

Posted by mb625 on 9/4/2013 4:10:00 PM (view original):
1. awags
2. Pola- CLAIMS DOCTOR
3. mb625- TOWNSPERSON (W OR W/O ROLE)
4. nyaggie- FIRST TO REACT TO SHLOG'S DEATH (if that means anything to anyone.); HASN'T CLAIMED ANYTHING YET
5. onside- CLAIMS TOWNSPERSON (W/ OR W/O ROLE)
6. csudak- CLAIMS TOWNSPERSON (W/O ROLE)
7. Columbusbuck
8. patsrule- CLAIMS TOWNSPERSON (W/ OR W/O ROLE)
9. shlog- DEAD
10. ghutton- CONFUSED
11. citizenkane
12. sjurat
mb625 I did state my role in this game. I'm just a simple townperson without an extra role.
9/4/2013 7:28 PM
I also said I'm a townie. But, yeah, I am also confused. I think I'm starting to understand it a little though.
9/4/2013 7:42 PM
I'll hammer home Tysons' point.  THE COPS NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS THE ONLY CHANCE WE HAVE
9/4/2013 7:44 PM
Of course Casey is throwing my name around as possible mafia.  I've been stuck in Michigan for two days without much internet access, so I'm the perfect patsy.  He also claims to be a regular townie without a role.  Isn't this exactly what a hiding mafia would be doing?  In addition, pola could be mafia. In claiming to be the doctor he could be trying to flush out the fake and real cop for execution. He wouldn't fear execution by the mafia for doing so. If someone else also claims doctor he only faces a 50% chance of lynching and could have identified the cops in the meantime. These are just my thoughts as I am new to this game and have the same interests as the other townspeople.
9/4/2013 8:24 PM
awags, nothing personal, just playing the odds of what i've seen in past games.

The quiet ones have the most to hide IMO, with that said the loudest do too.  So do I trust Tyson, never, but you have to trust someone in this game and my gut says Tyson is in the clear on this one.

9/4/2013 8:29 PM
Posted by csudak on 9/4/2013 8:29:00 PM (view original):
awags, nothing personal, just playing the odds of what i've seen in past games.

The quiet ones have the most to hide IMO, with that said the loudest do too.  So do I trust Tyson, never, but you have to trust someone in this game and my gut says Tyson is in the clear on this one.

If I were the cop I would investigate him. Only then we would know.
9/4/2013 8:34 PM
I am going to go on a limb here. Tyson, I am only trying to put clues together. I would be crazy to not suspect you as a mafia. Everyone who played Survivor with you knows that you truly have a brain, and use it well. 

Does anyone else think it's strange the Tyson 'didn't see' that there was a 3rd mafia. This guy is a genius, you only get that way through reading and adhering to facts in reality. So for him to have not read that message can mean that this was part of his plan to pull him to your side. Who is going to kill the Doctor? Right? 

I doubt that anyone here would vote Tyson out of town, because he keeps the game interesting, as we have just seen. But put the clues together. He declares he is the Doctor. Only a mafia member with safety assurance would do such a thing. Put that together with the fact that he is clever enough to make himself seem stupid by not reading an important message posted on this very thread. 

I propose that we townspeople suck it up and save our people from Tyson before we lose another, possibly our real Doctor. If Tyson isn't it, then at least we can move forward with knowing the facts. Really not a lot to lose. But I doubt he is the Doctor.
9/4/2013 8:46 PM
For the record, I haven't earned my doctorate, never been involved with criminal justice, and am not Italian. 
9/4/2013 8:48 PM
Posted by citizenkane on 9/4/2013 8:46:00 PM (view original):
I am going to go on a limb here. Tyson, I am only trying to put clues together. I would be crazy to not suspect you as a mafia. Everyone who played Survivor with you knows that you truly have a brain, and use it well. 

Does anyone else think it's strange the Tyson 'didn't see' that there was a 3rd mafia. This guy is a genius, you only get that way through reading and adhering to facts in reality. So for him to have not read that message can mean that this was part of his plan to pull him to your side. Who is going to kill the Doctor? Right? 

I doubt that anyone here would vote Tyson out of town, because he keeps the game interesting, as we have just seen. But put the clues together. He declares he is the Doctor. Only a mafia member with safety assurance would do such a thing. Put that together with the fact that he is clever enough to make himself seem stupid by not reading an important message posted on this very thread. 

I propose that we townspeople suck it up and save our people from Tyson before we lose another, possibly our real Doctor. If Tyson isn't it, then at least we can move forward with knowing the facts. Really not a lot to lose. But I doubt he is the Doctor.
Anyone else find this realllly suspicious?  Because I do.

Not saying that Polabonez is definitely innocent, but you're making a pretty large jump in logic to say that you doubt he's the doctor.  Unless the real doctor is an idiot, they would come out and state that they are such and challenge Pola.  Since nothing of the sort has happened, I don't understand how you can think that there's a good chance that Tyson is completely lying.
9/4/2013 9:05 PM
Posted by onside on 9/4/2013 9:05:00 PM (view original):

Not saying that Polabonez is definitely innocent, but you're making a pretty large jump in logic to say that you doubt he's the doctor.  Unless the real doctor is an idiot, they would come out and state that they are such and challenge Pola.  Since nothing of the sort has happened, I don't understand how you can think that there's a good chance that Tyson is completely lying.
I don't understand why the real doctor would come out and challenge him. Maybe that's my inexperience talking, but if they figure pola was mafia then they would become a target while pola could easily deny it. I agree with citizens assessment. I thought that also. Plus for all some of us know, maybe the doctor has already been in contact with others. You guys are assuming he's not just because he hasn't said so publicly.
9/4/2013 9:13 PM
Because the town has the vigilante still. If someone challenged me as doctor.... And you all decided on the 50/50 to lunch me.., the minute I'm lynched caesari announces my role (as doctor) and the vigilante kills the person who came forth and lied in the night.

And yes Kane IMO is extremely suspicious right now.

I will say this. One of the "cops" believes me and has told me who he investigated and the result. As soon as I hear back that its ok to post the result. I will. If I was mafia I wouldn't want this posted. And the person who sent me the sitemail will know that I posted the correct info.

More to come soon
9/4/2013 9:52 PM
Ah ha. I forgot about the vigilante. Makes much more sense now.
9/4/2013 10:01 PM
Posted by ghutton9 on 9/4/2013 10:01:00 PM (view original):
Ah ha. I forgot about the vigilante. Makes much more sense now.
But does it? If pola is mafia and either gets lynched or killed by the vigilante, he still wins if he accomplished his job of flushing out the real doctor and the cops while keeping his partners hidden. And as far as "one of the cops believes me" how do we know it's the cop, insane cop, someone faking a sitemail or just pola making it up? This game has so many twists and turns early that I am dizzy. It reminds me of Vizzini's death in the Princess Bride. "Never go against a Sicillian when death is on the line!"

http://youtu.be/U_eZmEiyTo0

9/4/2013 10:19 PM
I'd like to hear from sjurat and columbusbuck at some point with the game.  Any info you want to share.

I'm still putting out the belief that tyson is on the up and up this time.  I'm not gonna lie, I went back and checked some of the old threads and he has played it numerous ways, but I do think he is to be trusted this time.

9/4/2013 11:46 PM
Posted by ghutton9 on 9/4/2013 9:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by onside on 9/4/2013 9:05:00 PM (view original):

I don't understand why the real doctor would come out and challenge him. Maybe that's my inexperience talking, but if they figure pola was mafia then they would become a target while pola could easily deny it. I agree with citizens assessment. I thought that also. Plus for all some of us know, maybe the doctor has already been in contact with others. You guys are assuming he's not just because he hasn't said so publicly.
If the real doctor would challenge him, then that means that pola is DEFINITELY mafia... unless the mafia is just trying to stir things up. Also, my bad for missing your posts nyaggie and ghutton. Reading comprehension. Not my strongsuit.
9/5/2013 12:06 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...19 Next ▸
Mafia Game Cinco--TOWN WINS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.