This jobs logic is just complete bullsh Topic

I'm assuming you're saying you're going to take an A10 or MWC job. That would be foolish if your ultimate goal was to make the big 6, all it will do is set you back a few seasons on your path (speaking from experience). It's not gonna make it easier to get a big 6 job once you're there, the cambell job you currently have will make it easier to get to the big 6, all you have to do, is probably just make one more NT (or back-to-back, or pick up an NT win) and you're probably there. You just gotta schedule better, feel free to sitemail me about improving your scheduling.
9/2/2013 1:24 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
If your #1 goal is getting to a Big 6 ASAP, you're better off at your current school instead of having to rebuild a different school.
9/2/2013 2:53 PM
wildcat - out of curiousity, what was your loyalty grade before you had the 2 applications turned down and what is it at now?

Remember that when you change jobs in any direction, your loyalty grade will drop.  I think it drops more when you move down or laterally than when you move up.  So, if the goal is to move up, then you will be restarting the wait for your loyalty grade to recover (3 or 4 seasons?).  If you think you can win your CT with your Campbell team next season, then you might be better off staying put.   If there is a job opening to which you can move as a stepping-stone, then it needs to be one where you'll get to the NT in the first year to be worth it.  

9/2/2013 3:15 PM
Getting denied on jobs doesn't alter loyalty.
9/2/2013 3:22 PM
As far as stagnating at Campbell, you've made 1 NT in 8 seasons, I'd assume you think there is still room for improvement.  Your recent group of seniors were recruited with a C- prestige and now you have a C+, so I'm sure you're recruiting better players.  If you're able to get the prestige up even more, you'll be recruiting even better players.  From my view, I think you're far from stagnating.
9/2/2013 7:50 PM
key goal will be to improve schedule and talent so you can get to the NT without winning the CT
9/2/2013 9:08 PM
You should ignore RPI as a goal and schedule teams that you think will be in the top 100 of RPI and a few that will be in the top 50 because that's what the projection report looks at.  Scheduling 100-200 RPI sims on the road is probably a little better than a loss against a 75 RPI team, but if you play the 75 RPI team, you have the upside of winning and giving yourself a huge bump in the Proj Report.  IMO, you should try to schedule an entire top 100 Non-con.  
9/2/2013 9:39 PM
To your question wildcat, yes it will.  Personally I schedule only human coaches in non-con.  The tougher opponents I play at home.  However after reading about scheduling Sims with good RPI's I may start to include a few of them.  You have to use your non-con schedule to protect against a CT upset, especially if you're playing in a conference with few humans.  You have to make the NT, that is the goal of every NCAA coach and should be yours.  The PT, much like the current state of the NIT, is an after thought that no one but alum's pay attention to until they remember how mad they are that their coach didn't get them a trip to the big dance.
9/2/2013 10:44 PM
The biggest hole I see, and one that hasn't been harped upon too much yet, is NT wins- period. 2 NT wins at all levels is a problem. If you had a few Sweet 16 or better runs at the D3 and D2 levels it would've helped your case. As is you have 2, one of which was won with a team you didn't recruit. NT wins at any level are huge. I was ineligible for any D1 jobs in Knight, but after a D3 NT and Sweet 16 in back-to-back years most C- jobs were now attainable, skipping D2 entirely. Your Campbell team does look solid though. Stick around for another class (yes patience sucks, but is key) and you will get a couple NT appearances and maybe the win you need to hit a Big 6 or a mid-major job you want. 
9/3/2013 12:10 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...7 Next ▸
This jobs logic is just complete bullsh Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.