Round 2 - $100M Theme ideas Topic

I think this worked well last year, so I am again going to solicite ideas for a round 2 theme.  I have posted the other five round 2 themes.  You should read those before posting here.  I obviously don't want any overlap. 

Anybody may post suggestions, even those not going to round 2.

Some things to keep in mind.

* I already have two drafts, so don't bother suggesting any themes with a draft.

* I'm not going to do any themes where there's any "luck" factor involved.

* I'm not doing anything that involves monitoring in-season player usage.  Once a team's roster is legal, they can do whatever they want during the season.

Post your ideas in this thread.  Thanks for your help.
9/2/2013 5:19 PM
No awards league. None of the players can be in the HOF, and none can have won an award that season. Someone like Derek Jeter can be used since he is not in the HOF - but only in a season where he did not win a gold glove, rookie of the year, MVP or All Star. Same with guys like Bonds, Pujols, Mariano Rivera. Any HOF player is off the table entirely. The relevant awards are the ones recognized in the WIS search engine. No DH because it requires more managing and requires some half decent bench players.

I also like the idea from ToddCommish of no restrictions other than all $100M players from the 24 advancing owners are blacklisted.
9/3/2013 8:51 AM (edited)

1.) Simple blacklist theme.  50 player blacklist.  Each owner gets to blacklist 2 players, plus Addie Joss and Tim Raines are automatically blacklisted just on principle.

2.) Beat Addie Joss theme.  Kind of the reverse of the first suggestion.  Every team MUST roster 1908 Addie Joss.  Let's figure out who can design the team that can beat him.

3.) Use your whole pitching staff.  A variation on the round 1 110M theme.  Every pitcher you draft must have an IP/162 of 150 or less.  No restrictions on hitters.

4.) All HOF theme.  Every single player on your team must be in the hall of fame.

5.) Season soup theme.  Pick any 25 consecutive seasons and your roster must include exactly one player from each season.  Might want to limit this to 1920-present to avoid everyone picking a 25-year run that overlaps the deadball and modern eras.

9/2/2013 6:44 PM
Home Runs in the Astrodome. All pitchers with very high HR/9 (say 1.20, higher for low IP pitchers). All teams play in a ballpark with -4 ratings for HRs.
If that's too gimmicky how about some kind of theme excluding low HR pitchers. Nobody plays power teams any more because they can't beat all the low HR pitchers everybody uses.

Stretched Out Soup. Any 2 players must be at least 4 years apart. For example, if you select some one from 2000 you can't have anyone else from 1997-2003. Blacklist all pitchers before 1920. You could make it more difficult by requiring each selected player to be a teammate of the previous selection twisted.
9/2/2013 7:14 PM (edited)
(Not) Born In The USA----none of your 25 players were born in one of the 50 state or District of Columbia
9/2/2013 7:31 PM (edited)
Not that I will make the second round. So I will enjoy this monkey wrench of a team.
Everybody posts their "worst team by W's" from their last round and they can twist them to the 100$ million mark.
Let them change parks, maybe even let them drop one player for a new player?
9/2/2013 7:45 PM
Only player seasons from 2000 - 2013 may be used.  (Let's use the players that rarely get used).
9/2/2013 7:53 PM
that rotisserie type league you did a few years ago was fun...
9/2/2013 8:23 PM
2002 - 2013 Plus Darren Oliver:    Pick exactly 2 players from each season from 2002 - 2013.  Your 25th player must be any Darren Oliver season. Use a ballpark that at least one of your players called home from 2002 -2013.
9/2/2013 8:45 PM
No steals. Every player on your roster must have zero RL steals
9/2/2013 8:45 PM
Alphabet Soup: Every player's last name must begin with a different letter. I don't believe there have been any players with a last name of X, so this means all letters from A-Z, except for X, will be used.

You might combine this with another idea, e.g. only players from 2000-2013 may be used...
9/2/2013 9:07 PM
Posted by jfranco77 on 9/2/2013 8:45:00 PM (view original):
No steals. Every player on your roster must have zero RL steals
I like this one.

Or, as my 14 year old daughter would say: "+1"
9/2/2013 9:15 PM
Why not just take the 24 $100M rosters of the first round, and make a blacklist?

This forces everyone to come up with new players.
9/2/2013 9:50 PM
Little League World Series

All players must be born on or after 1-1-70
American League Players - All players must be born in US
National League Players = All players must be born outside US (and D.C.)
9/3/2013 8:04 AM
Just throwing out an idea here...

League Name:
Quality vs. Quantity
Salary Cap
:
$100 Million

Description: Choose the lesser of two evils for both your hitters and your pitching staff:

Hitting Restrictions: If you want to be able to roster any hitter you might want, your team's plate appearances (not including the pitching staff's plate appearances) may not exceed 4500.  Otherwise, you may draft as many plate appearances as you like, but then each player on your roster cannot have an OPS (On base percentage plus slugging percentage) that exceeds 0.750 or steal more than 50 bases.

Pitching Restrictions: If you want to be able to roster any pitcher you might want, your team's innings pitched may not exceed 1100.  Otherwise, you may draft as many innings pitched as you like, but then each pitcher on your roster must have an ERA above 3.00 and a WHIP above 1.20.

Note:  You do not have to go the quality or quantity route for both your hitting and your pitching.  You could, for example, opt to go for quality with your hitting and quantity for your pitching.

DH: No
WW: No
AAA: No
Trades: No
Clones: No
Injuries: Turned On
SLL: Not allowed
Multi-team players: No restrictions (i.e., you can use partial or combined),
Ballpark: Anything
300K Exception: None
Team Name: Anything

Division Alignment: Random

9/3/2013 12:11 PM
123 Next ▸
Round 2 - $100M Theme ideas Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.