5 years in - what we were promised Topic

I've played FC Dynasty for probably 45 total seasons or so. On my main account here I've been running the Dallas Dragons in the USA 1st league on world 67 for 32 seasons now, and have gone 887-145-184 in league play in that time.

I also had up to five teams at one point, my Dragons, and then a team each in the Czech Republic, Sweden, and Finland, but none of these lasted very long as all three teams ended up in the same world, so they lasted about three seasons before I decided to bag them since it was tempting to just load good players on to one team, also running that many teams is time consuming. I also had the Frankfurt Firedrakes Football Club, something or another, real windbag of a team name, but that lasted 6+ seasons and won a German championship, think we competed in a champions league as well, but bowed out early. 

I've participated in or attempted to run several versions of a World 67 Champions League across that time, with limited success. Either people don't want to participate, or people simply forget to schedule matches, so most tournaments burn out for us, but we've had some good ones. I keep an excel file of team records on my computer, and though I didn't do so last season, I've been keeping a copy of my team's statistics on that file since season 21, along with a list of every player to score 20+ goals in a single season for me, 100+ goals for the Dragons in their career, or play 300 or more games in their career for the Dragons. (Incidentally the big records are 449 goals scored (Randall Nesbitt), 1,589 saves (Tubrady Reidy) and 697 games played (Nesbitt again, he played 23 seasons for me.) My team even had its own blog, Dallas Dragons Update (poorly maintained, but quite a bit of content, and it didn't seem like anyone paid it much attention anyways) and there was the World 67 blog as well, and these inspired ctf8407's Greensboro FC News. Ctf is another player on world 67 who's seen his share of success since joining in season 11. Greensboro won the Champions League in season 25, and has three american league titles and a 547-109-180 record.

My point in telling you all of this is so that I can show you that I deeply enjoy FC Dynasty. That being said, I know it could be even better. Now look, I know that FC Dynasty is a free to play game, and as such all of the other games here on whatifports.com are going to take precedence over it. That being said, we are now over 5 years removed from the start of league play in FC Dynasty [(1 season) = (approximately two real months) x (32+ completed seasons)] and we haven't even had server maintenance (not that I especially think we need that too often) in over two years.

Now with that being said, I recently looked at the one developer chat, with norbert, that has been had for FC Dynasty. Now to be fair on that score, there were only two developer chats in the entirety of the last year, and none so far this year, and the simleagues (aside from baseball) only have a grand total of four developer chats.

But in that 1 developer chat for FC Dynasty on February 10th, 2009, there were several questions asked and several things promised in "the next update. So, over four and a half years later, here's a gentle reminder, of what we were promised, and of what we were promised would be at least looked into. 

These excerpts only deal with things that were ever promised in a future update, or listed as a future possibility.

Will there be a possibility to put out a player's name for bid or transfer? (plangster - Veteran - 4:46 PM)

I covered scouting and transfers in general in another post, but let me answer just this question. We have plans to add a transfer board where a user can put players out as available for transfer, and where users can search for transfers. However, we want to make sure it fits within the game for cash management and balance, so not sure when we will be able to add this. But we are going to add this feature at some point.

Will we be able to name our stadiums? (FW_Kekionga - Hall of Famer - 4:05 PM)

We hope to add this in the future.

It is fairly easy to tell who the most effective forwards are ... look at the goals scored as a percentage of shots taken. But, from the available numbers, how do we tell who the most effective midfielders and defenders are? (tribewriter - Hall of Famer - 4:51 PM

This is a problem we are looking to solve. Obviously we do not have as many stats to look at as our other games, but we think we can add some performance ratings or indicators that provide a better analysis of how a player is actually performing on the field. We will soon have a better idea of when we will update FC Dynasty, but this is one of the first things I'd like to see added.

Game Tactics Questions: Will adv. tactics be implemented whereby a team can specify which player is taking a free kick or corner? (Much like the pinch hitting in HBD). For example, I may want Player 2 taking corners, since Player 1 has better heading. Player #1: 40 striking, 55 corner off, 40 passing, 45 heading. Player #2: 40 striking, 54 corner off, 40 passing, 10 heading. (kmueller - Hall of Famer - 4:54 PM)

Yes. We do have plans to allow you to set the players for Corner Kicks and Free Kicks. Advanced tactics is the other thing (see the question about player performance above) that I want to get in to the first update. When we schedule work for the next update, we will start asking for suggestions regarding these features

Advanced Tactis: Will tactics be improved to allow a team to specify one wing to attack more, and another to defend more. Also, a center mid to attack, while one remains more defensive. Thanks, kmueller (kmueller - Hall of Famer - 5:00 PM)

One of the advanced tactics settings we are considering adding is to allow the user to set each position as "more attacking" or "more defending". Each tactic requires us to set parameters for each player in each position, so it is quite an undertaking, as we also have to check for glitch type settings and check that the balance is correct. This set up of player positioning also applies to adding new formations, which we hope to continuously add as the game goes on, but this is why we can't just easily throw in a new formation.

When if ever will we be able to select our practice plans? It seems that a lot of players improve in areas that they do not need and are stagnat in many areas they do need, especially goalkeepers. (sdorf - All-Star - 5:07 PM)

Currently, all players develop based on their player positioning and the skills that are used for that position within the engine. Quite a few skills are developed at multiple positions, but may develop more at one position over another. For instance, Shooting may develop more for a Forward versus a Midfielder, but Shooting is still developed for a Midfielder.??We will most likely look at adding more control over player development when we start looking at youth players. But we will someday see more control, whether it's a practice plan or something else.

I seem to be having a hell of a time getting any substitutions to occur for my team. My players all seem to be locked at 90% (which strangely is listed as "needing playing time') and no matter what I have the auto rest setting at (either above or below 90%), my starters play the entire game. Please advise how the auto rest works...my assumption that is was patterned after the auto rest in SIM League Baseball is obviously incorrect. Thanks. (gomiami1972 - Hall of Famer - 5:14 PM)

Substitutions are currently based on bringing a player in for more defense or more offense late in the game. The engine controls this and there is no way currently for a user to affect this one way or another. When we look at advanced tactics, we will see if there is something we can add for this.??Auto Rest is a setting used to rest a player for a game. It does not affect substitution within a game. Auto Rest is checked against the player's Match Fitness before a game and the player will sit out the game if his Match Fitness is below his Auto Rest. Auto Rest may be ignored if the team can not field 11 players without the resting player.

Is there any type of home-pitch advantage? If so (or if it is planned for the future), will stadium size/attendance affect it? (watch_this - Hall of Famer - 5:16 PM)

There is some home field advantage built in. Stadium size does not affect it. We will evaluate this as the game goes on to see if it needs to be adjusted or if something needs to be added.

How close is FC Dynasty away from having A) the World Cup, B) Second Divisions in national leagues, and C) the Champions League? (mnnorthstars - Hall of Famer - 6:05 PM)

FC Dynasty was designed to someday get to all of these. Mutliple divisions are already in place, and there are a couple leagues that have two divisions now, but we will need probably at least twice the number of current users to see most leagues get to this point.??Champions cups and other cup type competitions, which mostly play out in the following season, will be the next new competition we work on. There are other things, like advanced tactics and player performance, that we want to work on first, so I can't guarantee when these additional competitions will be added. We will most likely add "friendlies" at the same time we add cup competitions. Friendlies will be a good way to balance games and revenue for teams that do not get into the cup competitions.??World cup competitions are definitely on the list. It's probably one of the coolest things we can offer over some other games out there. This would most likely be implemented after the Champions Cup-type competitions, as it involves a lot more effort as we will have to determine how to set up and manage national teams, and also how to schedule world cup games throughout the season and how it impacts players on the national teams. I think everyone here would like to see this go in as soon as possible, but realistically it's going to be a few updates down the road.

Do you have plans of adding additional league/individual statistics such as assists and goals against average/save percentage? I would find these very helpful when making decisions on position players/goalies for free agency. Thanks. (gomiami1972 - Hall of Famer - 6:07 PM)

Yes. This will most likely be in the first update we put out. We don't have a date for that yet.

Can we expect an update that will hide match results? I often skip the play-by-play because the final score has already been revealed. The other dynasty games have this feature, and I feel it greatly enhances the experience. (spacecoyote - Hall of Famer - 6:09 PM)

We will most likely look at adding this feature when we look at enhancing the play by play. Right now, I'm not sure there is enough in the play by play to really warrant looking at it without knowing the score. It's mostly the shots and corner kicks, so not a very suspenseful thing to read.

Will there be an option to view your matchup based on both teams overall rating. (bpal713 - All-Star - 6:16 PM)

There not quite enough stats to make a matchup page worth while, and as ratings are hidden through the scouting system, we can't show ratings match ups. I do think it is a good idea to have some kind of match up, so maybe once we look at updating scouting and adding player performance indicators, we may have something to build a match up page. We will keep it in mind. Thanks.

11/25/2013 5:39 AM (edited)
Anybody have something to say about this?
6/3/2014 12:01 PM
Not to poop in anyone's cornflakes, but...

I am in World 63, just starting our 38th season. I have ten German league titles with Hannover Scorpions, and my proudest achievement is that while there have been other dynastic teams in our league, I have won my titles having rebuilt the team four times, now starting on a fifth.

Plus I had another team on an alt name for about six or seven seasons, and I beta tested this thing for Norbert with yet another team in an almost-all AI world. SO, those are my bona fides as an FCD user... I believe I signed up the first week it was announced.

Here's the thing... in all that time, it came to appear to me that FCD was Norbert's idea, Norbert's project, and I came to suspect that Norbert was the only person who ever worked on it.\

Does Norbert even work for WiS anymore?

6/4/2014 7:47 PM
I was playing this about 4 years ago and I got busy with life and couldn't keep up with my team. But I am back and have many people that want to join. I just read your post and it is kind of upsetting to see that nothing has really changed. I hope someone can take over for norbert if he is no longer with WiS and start addressing the concerns people are putting forward.
6/17/2014 6:52 PM
With the 2018 World Cup just around the corner, it might be a good time to look at revamping FC Dynasty with some of the suggestions previously made.
10/20/2017 12:26 PM
5 years in - what we were promised Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.