This is supposed to be controversial? Topic

Posted by bistiza on 9/26/2013 11:25:00 AM (view original):
Revisionist history at it's finest.

There's no revision there. It's just replacing one word with two others that mean the same thing to demonstrate how it was used correctly.
Six days after that post it was used "on purpose".  Why didn't you say it was used on purpose with that last novella you posted?  You certainly said enough in it....

It was always used on purpose. I was merely demonstrating it was used correctly as well as on purpose.
Even if it was on purpose, it was still incorrect, right?

No.

It was used correctly in the context.

It can only be considered "incorrect" in a technical sense. The very POINT I'm making is that this is irrelevant because the contextual use is far more important here than the technical use.

Again, the quest to prove me wrong here is doomed to fail, because it's not a "black and white" issue.

Also, your indicated before you were blocking me. Either you lied or you have removed the block to join the crusade. Either way it's pretty funny.
Technically incorrect is still incorrect, right?
9/26/2013 11:48 AM
At least Taint knows where his position is. Maybe the rest of you should get a clue.

Technically incorrect is still incorrect, right?

No.

As I already explained, being technically incorrect is irrelevant in this case.

In other words, it means nothing.

9/26/2013 11:56 AM
Not asking if it's relevant.

You admitted the word is "technically incorrect." Right?
9/26/2013 12:13 PM
bis I meant for ALL OF YOU to get out of my thread. unless you want to talk about something even remotely related to my orignal topic, mmmkay?
9/26/2013 12:43 PM

If it's not relevant, then it is meaningless to the discussion, as I already pointed out.

Why are you looking to clarify a detail of the discussion which is irrelevant and therefore meaningless?

9/26/2013 12:50 PM
bis I meant for ALL OF YOU to get out of my thread. unless you want to talk about something even remotely related to my orignal topic, mmmkay?

Sorry SF but like I said it's too much fun to watch several people go around and around in a doomed quest to prove me wrong.
9/26/2013 12:51 PM
Bizfucious has his own dictionary, did you guys forget?
9/26/2013 1:00 PM
Posted by bistiza on 9/26/2013 12:50:00 PM (view original):

If it's not relevant, then it is meaningless to the discussion, as I already pointed out.

Why are you looking to clarify a detail of the discussion which is irrelevant and therefore meaningless?

Did you admit that it was "technically incorrect?"

(do I have to quote your post?)
9/26/2013 1:13 PM

burnsyluck has lost his mind, but then we're all aware of that.

What's the point? That would mean nothing, so you've accomplished nothing by trying to point it out.

Do you have anything else, or are we done now?

9/26/2013 1:18 PM
9/26/2013 1:23 PM
9/26/2013 1:28 PM
Posted by bistiza on 9/26/2013 1:18:00 PM (view original):

burnsyluck has lost his mind, but then we're all aware of that.

What's the point? That would mean nothing, so you've accomplished nothing by trying to point it out.

Do you have anything else, or are we done now?

Well, it would show that you were wrong. So, you know. That.
9/26/2013 1:39 PM
Posted by bistiza on 9/24/2013 8:36:00 AM (view original):
I just got back around to reading this, but I refer you to my previous statement: 

You can't use words and give them any definition you want them to have. That's not how language works.

And I refer you to my previous statement, which explains to anyone with even a remote understanding of the English language how that isn't what I did. If you still don't understand, then you never will, and its your own fault.

Bottom line: YOUR inability to understand my purposeful use of a specific word despite my explaining it for you doesn't somehow translate into an error on my part.
Conversely, if you say banana, it doesn't mean apple, even if that's what you had intended to say.  And if you meant apple but said banana anyway, you can't expect everyone else to know what you meant and insist that "your meaning was perfectly clear."

Except that's not an accurate analogy of this situation at all.

In this case, I substituted a word which means the same thing but isn't technically correct, as I explained.

So a more accurate analogy is this: If you say "red apple" but actually meant "red delicious apple" because you wanted to avoid a connotation of the word delicious, then your meaning is essentially the same and can easily be understood by everyone even though you took away the word "delicious".

Of course, those who want to be sticklers would contend you were wrong since you took out the word "delicious" even though the meaning stayed the same. Then again, these people may have an axe to grind and an overly obsessive determination to prove someone wrong over anything they can, so they should probably just go get a life and get over the fact that it isn't happening this time.
"isn't technically correct"
9/26/2013 1:40 PM
You used the wrong word.
9/26/2013 1:40 PM
Well, it would show that you were wrong. So, you know. That.
Except in order for it to show I'm wrong, being technically incorrect would have to mean something in this situation - and it doesn't.

You're back to square one. Well, less than square one, actually - you've dug yourself quite a hole. Keep struggling to get out though, it's fun to watch.
9/26/2013 1:48 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
This is supposed to be controversial? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.