This is supposed to be controversial? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by bistiza on 9/11/2013 10:31:00 AM (view original):
I can agree with that. I do my best to not come across as one of them (though I can admit I probably do anyway on occasion).
On occasion = virtually always?

If you do your best not to come across as one of them, you really lack the talent for it.

9/11/2013 3:03 PM
And you have a personal axe to grind with me ever since I offered to explain the mechanism by which nitrogen is converted to carbon 14 in the upper atmosphere.
9/11/2013 11:35 PM
I have no idea what you're even talking about, and I certainly don't care about mechanisms for converting nitrogen to carbon 14.

I have no axe to grind with you. I just get sick of you talking down to everyone, and now to top it all off, you accuse me of the same.

We all get that you're fairly smart, but apparently you aren't that smart because if you were you'd be confident enough in your own intelligence you wouldn't feel the need to make sure everyone knows about it. And really, that's what your flaunting around and talking down to people is all about - look at me, I'm smarter and better than you.

It's the classic hallmark of someone with slightly above average intelligence, just enough to know how smart they are compared with most people, but not enough to give the confidence necessary to avoid the need to show it off.
9/12/2013 9:37 AM
Maybe you are right and I should take the high road on this one. Sometimes I just find it so incredulous when people act like dahs often does, though.
Maybe you don't keep doing it...
9/12/2013 2:48 PM
I find it difficult to believe how arrogant you've been.  You, after all, are the author of the gem about how no belief you express will ever be changed because you had thought about them, whereas everyone else is a sheep and believes whatever they are told and whatever is popular.

Still not even a grammatically correct use of the word incredulous.  Try substituting your own synonyms into that sentence and see if they make sense.
9/12/2013 6:21 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...9 Next ▸
This is supposed to be controversial? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.