Prospets Real Identity Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I don't think you'll find many willing to do your homework for you. 

You've been shown how to do it... You need to help yourself rather than ask others to do your work for you.
9/13/2013 8:23 AM
Don't forget to check pitcher's defensive rating, that'll make the pitcher a LOT easier to identify.
9/13/2013 10:38 AM
Looks as though you hit the mother-load

1st player works out to be 1939 Ted Williams

2nd player is 1924 Rogers Hornsby

3rd is 1964 Sandy Koufax

Good Luck with those rookies

9/15/2013 9:06 AM
I am appreciative.  I do not understand how a prospect worth 200,000 can be a 64 Koufax.   I guess I am simply wishing that players are identified by real name.  I am not sure if I will use them.  Thanks again.
9/15/2013 11:12 AM
(a) he is pulling your leg - those are not the real identities of your players
(b) All AAA prospects are assigned a salary of $200,000.  The value of the real underlying player is usually higher than that (often much higher).
(c) WIS has been doing it this way for years, and I wouldn't hold my breath for it to change
(d) identifying your AAA guys is really not hard.  If you spend a little time doing it, it will become second nature.
9/15/2013 11:32 AM
I appreciate the info.  What is pitcher's id?  I do not have access to draft center.  Thanks.  I am here for fun.  My current team only has 64 players.  Taking cookies isn't for me.  Clones stink. Thanks
9/15/2013 11:37 AM
Looking at the ratings of the AAA players you posted, I wouldn't get too excited about their identities because they most likely won't be much help.
9/15/2013 2:41 PM
Posted by dlcunc31 on 9/15/2013 11:37:00 AM (view original):
I appreciate the info.  What is pitcher's id?  I do not have access to draft center.  Thanks.  I am here for fun.  My current team only has 64 players.  Taking cookies isn't for me.  Clones stink. Thanks
7 different pitchers came up, if you added the fielding and range I could narrow it to one

I'll tell you the 2 position players also if you add their primary position played
9/16/2013 5:49 AM
Thanks patco_1981    1st guy 1B  2nd guy 2B  pitcher b/B+

I tried myself failed.  I will try again so I don't look like newbie.

My other guys may be better.

ss  bats l  power 1 contact 8 D rating B+/A-  speed 8 stamina E
3b  bats r power 4  contact 7  d rating A/B+ speed 6 stamina F
of bats l power 1 contact 10 d rating D/D- speed 7 Stamina F
c  bats s power 1 contact 7  d rating D=/C/A speed 5 stamina F

rp  bats l contrrol 1 velocity 10 d rating C/A+ effect 2 stamina D

Any help would be appreciated.  The guy above was having fun with newbie.  Thanks again.
9/16/2013 7:56 AM
Thanks patco_1981    1st guy 1B  2nd guy 2B  pitcher b/B+

I tried myself failed.  I will try again so I don't look like newbie.

My other guys may be better.

ss  bats l  power 1 contact 8 D rating B+/A-  speed 8 stamina E
3b  bats r power 4  contact 7  d rating A/B+ speed 6 stamina F
of bats l power 1 contact 10 d rating D/D- speed 7 Stamina F
c  bats s power 1 contact 7  d rating D=/C/A speed 5 stamina F

rp  bats l contrrol 1 velocity 10 d rating C/A+ effect 2 stamina D

Any help would be appreciated.  The guy above was having fun with newbie.  Thanks again.
9/16/2013 7:56 AM
Your SS is 2009 Alex Cora who is also a good fielding 2B
Your 3B is 1979 Eric Soderhom
Your OF is either 1903 Walt McCredie or 1917 Joe Wihoit (both decent hitters)

As for your catcher, I could find no matches based on the ratings you posted.  Check the ratings again.

You did pretty good as far as the position players are concerned, as they can definitely help you. Like I said, I wouldn't expect much at all (except mopup duty) from your pitcher because he's likely one of those guys who will give you some innings but who will also get lit up like a xmas tree every time he pitches and give up lots of walks and HRs.

Good luck!!
9/16/2013 10:35 AM
12 Next ▸
Prospets Real Identity Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.