Survivor XIII: Congrats to the champ DUBS!!!!!! Topic

Posted by dublinuf on 12/5/2013 12:06:00 AM (view original):
Posted by caesari on 12/5/2013 12:05:00 AM (view original):
Just to give my ego a boost, since it's really not anything:

You're welcome Dubs. Coulda been one of the first ones gone. 
Second. You would have voted tsut out first lol

That was the first key moment I recognize.

Yeah I had to go back and look xD

You definitely played a heck of a game Dubs; congrats on a dominating win!

-Caesari

12/5/2013 12:23 AM
Didn't do anything?  How come EVERYONE said I was the least deserving?  I had to stand here and make sure no one ****** in our beans and rice while you guys were doing the challenges.  lol
12/5/2013 1:07 AM
Congrats Dubs on a well deserved victory!
12/5/2013 1:08 AM
Posted by dublinuf on 12/4/2013 9:02:00 PM (view original):
I think I would suck on the real Survivor. The real Big Brother is more my speed by the by.
My personality is too alpha for Big Brother.  I think I could curb it for Survivor, but Big Brother...everyone close together, a week between votes, I'd never be able to "hide" enough.
12/5/2013 2:21 AM
Actually, I think the Amazing Race would be the most fun to do...but it's not a very "strategic" game, so I'd rather do Survivor or Big Brother.
12/5/2013 2:22 AM
By the way, if you missed it, go back and read arfy's "Battlestar Galactica" letter, best letter of the season!  Tho I still have no urge to watch the show...still, awesome letter!

I hope everyone (or mostly everyone) had fun this season.  If you did, give Casey most of the credit.  He ran the show, I just did some challenges and was there for Casey to bounce ideas off of.  Although, when I put it that way, if you hated the season, you should totally blame Casey...

12/5/2013 2:26 AM
I'm sure there will be more discussion, Casey will probably still lay out the idol clues (along with the idol that was never found), but I will drop one piece of inside info:

From the very start of the game, we planned on switching things up this season and going with a final 3 instead of a final 2...until, mb got himself dq'd for not voting.  We had all the challenges planned out to the end at that point, and the big final challenge couldn't realistically be moved up.  So after much discussion, we changed it to a final 2.

Might be interesting to poll the jury and see what the outcome would have been, with a final 3 of dubs, red and pola...

12/5/2013 2:32 AM
Pola
12/5/2013 3:01 AM
Posted by stevedotdec on 12/5/2013 2:27:00 AM (view original):
By the way, if you missed it, go back and read arfy's "Battlestar Galactica" letter, best letter of the season!  Tho I still have no urge to watch the show...still, awesome letter!

I hope everyone (or mostly everyone) had fun this season.  If you did, give Casey most of the credit.  He ran the show, I just did some challenges and was there for Casey to bounce ideas off of.  Although, when I put it that way, if you hated the season, you should totally blame Casey...

Are you kidding?  I didn't write that.  ha ha!  I did a google search for 'a very long letter' or something to that nature and then just added a few of my own sentences at the end.    It was the most work I did all season!  I don't know squat about Battlestar Galactica!
12/5/2013 3:03 AM
Posted by stevedotdec on 12/5/2013 2:22:00 AM (view original):
Actually, I think the Amazing Race would be the most fun to do...but it's not a very "strategic" game, so I'd rather do Survivor or Big Brother.
I made the cut to 400 and did initial interviews on the very first Amazing Race when they were still calling it CBS's Summer Global Adventure.
12/5/2013 6:55 AM
Posted by Arfy on 12/5/2013 3:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by stevedotdec on 12/5/2013 2:27:00 AM (view original):

Are you kidding?  I didn't write that.  ha ha!  I did a google search for 'a very long letter' or something to that nature and then just added a few of my own sentences at the end.    It was the most work I did all season!  I don't know squat about Battlestar Galactica!
That's even better!!!

I honestly read about 2 sentences and then gave up.  When I got the 2nd sitemail I went to read the end.

Its hard to know who would have been the real final 3 if not for the DQ, but my question for the jury is who would have won if dubs had taken pola to the final 2.  I really wanted to see that.

12/5/2013 7:44 AM
Here was the deal on idols, I didn't want to just give them to people, so while the clues to the movies were probably on the easier side, the actual locations were more difficult.  I loved seeing the fake clues that were throwing people off:

Football: Idol of Annexation of Puerto Rico(If any other idol is played at the same time this idol is worthless)
Madden Bus in Little Giants

Cheerleaders: Obviously there are cheerleaders in the movie
Charmin: Junior throwing the toilet paper in the store
Hall of Fame: Madden Bus was on the way to the Hall of Fame
Brothers: Pretty self explanatory, the O'Shea Brothers
Intimidation: Big part of the movie, kid with the eye black gets me every time
Freezing Cold: The Icebox, Becky's nickname

Baseball: Idol of the PF Flyers (You can save yourself and one other player in the same vote.  Cannot be played if there are less than 6 players left)
Picture in Merkle's cabinet in Sandlot

a sign: I though an omen would be too easy, so I went with a synonym for the part when the cover comes off the ball. 
Greek mythology: this was obviously for Hercules, which is the Roman name for a Greek character
Fireworks: Epic "night game" scene
The Champs: Name of the band that sings "Tequila" which was played in the tobacco scene
H R Silvester: the doctor who was the early beginner of CPR technique=the Squints pool scene
3 and 4: Ruth and Gehrig to help get to the picture

Hockey: Idol of Quack, Quack, Quack Mr Ducksworth (This idol may not be passed at any point, but you can use it for 2 votes.  However, the first vote you use it for MUST BE FOR YOURSELF, bu the 2nd vote you MUST SAVE SOMEONE ELSE)
Skate sharpener in Hans shop

India: Bombay, as in Gordon
Camel position: figure skating term, the girl on the team was a figure skater
Marky Mark: sings good vibrations which was used in the movie
Just Win: Gordon's license plate
Georges Simenon: There was a french movie called: L'etoile du nord (translated to English: North Star) that was based on his novel.  Minnesota North Stars.  So easy
Dunst and Kruger: both actresses played Marie Antoinette in movies, which she said let them eat cake and that is where the insult of cake eater that Jesse says comes from
Livonia: as in Michigan, birthplace of Mike Modano who is in the movie
Grantland: THIS MIGHT BE THE MOST ASININE CLUE EVER: Jack Reilly, coach of the Hawks, is played by Lane Smith.  Lane Smith also starred in Legend of Bagger Vance playing the character of..... Grantland Rice
Lunch is cancelled: famous line for the movie Heavyweights which also stars Goldberg the goalie

Basketball: Idol of What up Montrose? (If used by the original finder, that finder cannot use ANY other idols at any point of the game)

BIRDIE'S CIGAR

real world: Eric Nieves was on the real world and played Montrose
hoya: Kyle was going to Georgetown
death row: Tupac was a member of Death Row Records
Rent a cop: Shep was a security guard
You can do what you want to do: In Living Color theme song, Marlon Wayans was on the show
The best a man can get: Gilette slogan, they make razors, Birdie keeps a razor in his mouth

Bonus clue: Star crossed lovers=Romeo and Juliet= popular brand of Cigar is Romeo y Julieta

12/5/2013 8:20 AM
Birdies cigar? ****!

Congrats dubs, well deserved my friend.
12/5/2013 8:28 AM
My notes of this game:

Ghutton's alternate moniker could have changed everything. You mean to tell me that you didn't even tell horvie?  I was somewhat relieved when I found out that you weren't going to play.  One less person to have to figure out.

Psap - Trust SOMEone.  Read the letters.

Idols - I spent so much freaking time on Above the Rim.  Watched the movie (which is terrible) at least 5 times.  Understood that star-crossed lovers was Romeo and Juliet.  Actually looked at every possible star crossed lover on the Wiki page but the only back link I could find was to Romeo and Juliet so was pretty confident that was the "clue".  Although, horvie's guess of British Knights (Lancelot and Guinevere) made a lot of sense as well.  Hence my guesses of the BALCONY, the newspaper article that I can't remember what it said but had some reference.

I figured out the Sandlot idol right after bish... I didn't get the right clue at the right time (3 and 4).  And when I did get it, I didn't figure it out, right away because I decided that it wouldn't be baseball player numbers from the 1927 Yankees since baseball didn't even get numbers until 1929.  That was just bonehead logic.  However if I had figured out that idol and not bish, psap more than likely would have made it to the merge, and that would have changed the game as well.

The final 6 vote sucked.  I actually sitemailed csudak after he said he hadn't receieved all the votes asking him to please give more time.  I knew it was either mb or red that didn't vote (which of course benefited me) but I didn't want to see a DQ at that point of the game.  The final 5 vote would have been fun with 3 vs 2(and an idol).  I was planning on going full force making you turn on each other (knowing it was a 50% chance someone was going home) whether or not hookem and I would play the idol.  In my mind, hookem would have 100% played it, too... 

Plus, I felt as if I needed MB on the jury...  and me to have been the reason he wasn't there. That way if tsut and mb would have for sure been against voting me I could use that for whoever won the final 3 challenge to take me with them (giving an easy two votes).

I text dubs about the 3 hockey games, giving him the insight on that.  I now wonder if that made him go look at all the NCAA Basketball games and spend that time on it.  I figured you guys wouldn't pick up on much of it and I would run away with that challenge.

I would have taken dubs to the final two, even though it would have hurt my chances to win.

Overall, another fun survivor game.  Lots of fun, as always.

Csudak - Steve - you guys did a great job...  Challenges were fresh, fun...   Game was organized way better than I ever half assed it.  Thanks for doing it.  It's a lot of work.

12/5/2013 9:15 AM
Final 3 of red, pola, and dubs......my vote would have been pola
12/5/2013 9:35 AM
◂ Prev 1...83|84|85|86|87 Next ▸
Survivor XIII: Congrats to the champ DUBS!!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.