Survivor XIII: Congrats to the champ DUBS!!!!!! Topic

Posted by csudak on 9/16/2013 8:14:00 PM (view original):
Something to pass the time until the next challenge:

An immunity idol has been hidden somewhere on the main island. There are a series of clues that will help you find the location of the idol.

Each of you that are still on the main island have the opportunity to obtain a clue to the idol, but you must write a "Letter to a Friend" and sitemail it to the csudak and stevedotdec accounts.

The letter should be similar to a journal entry and your friend(s) are me and Steve. The length can be one paragraph or five, and the letter should focus on:

1) how you feel about the tribe you were put on
2) who you think is the biggest threat in the game
3) who you think will be the most likely person in your early alliance(I know you all have at least 4!) to throw you under the bus

I know its early, but its always fun to see how these predictions play out.

The letters will be held in strict confidence, and will not be revealed during the game. After the game is completely over, we may reveal some of the information in our Survivor XIII recap.

The deadline for submitting your letter is tomorrow (Tuesday) at 8pm EST. Again, make sure to sitemail the letter to csudak and stevedotdec.  After the deadline has passed, we will send out clues and post directions for finding the idol on the forum. 
Ooh, ooh!  I know the answer to number three!
9/17/2013 12:07 AM
List of People not to bother contacting:  Onside
9/17/2013 1:11 AM
Posted by phillyboy107 on 9/16/2013 11:28:00 PM (view original):
Can't I bid 0 on everyone and lie and put my top choice last? It might be cheesy but its not a rule.
You are putting bids on each position, not individual players.  If you have the highest bid at a position, your tribe will get your 1st choice from the list you made for that position.  Then I will check the list of the tribe that had the second highest bid for the position.  If the first tribe didn't pick their first pick, they will get it.  If they did, I'll drop down to their 2nd pick.  That's why each tribe is submitting a list of 3 players for each position, in case they are the low bid at a position and their first 2 picks are already chosen.
9/17/2013 3:40 AM
I think you all get it, but just in case someone doesn't, this would be a sample entry:

C (10 pts) - J. Jones (Tex), B. Bones (Mil), D. Dones (Atl)
1B (25 pts) - W. Wall (Pitt), C. Call (Sea), X. Xall (LAA)

And so on through all 8 positions.  If you're tribe has the most points bid at C, you would get J. Jones.  If not, and another tribe picking before you takes J. Jones, then we'd move on to your 2nd pick (B. Bones), or 3rd pick (D. Dones) if both were taken.

Make sure your total bid points does not exceed 80 (or 88 in the Villains case).

9/17/2013 3:45 AM
Posted by onside on 9/17/2013 12:07:00 AM (view original):
Posted by csudak on 9/16/2013 8:14:00 PM (view original):
Something to pass the time until the next challenge:

An immunity idol has been hidden somewhere on the main island. There are a series of clues that will help you find the location of the idol.

Each of you that are still on the main island have the opportunity to obtain a clue to the idol, but you must write a "Letter to a Friend" and sitemail it to the csudak and stevedotdec accounts.

The letter should be similar to a journal entry and your friend(s) are me and Steve. The length can be one paragraph or five, and the letter should focus on:

1) how you feel about the tribe you were put on
2) who you think is the biggest threat in the game
3) who you think will be the most likely person in your early alliance(I know you all have at least 4!) to throw you under the bus

I know its early, but its always fun to see how these predictions play out.

The letters will be held in strict confidence, and will not be revealed during the game. After the game is completely over, we may reveal some of the information in our Survivor XIII recap.

The deadline for submitting your letter is tomorrow (Tuesday) at 8pm EST. Again, make sure to sitemail the letter to csudak and stevedotdec.  After the deadline has passed, we will send out clues and post directions for finding the idol on the forum. 
Ooh, ooh!  I know the answer to number three!
I wonder what "Hero" turned into a "Zero?"
9/17/2013 7:37 AM
Posted by Arfy on 9/17/2013 1:11:00 AM (view original):
Can't wait until you join me on the other island, Arfy!
9/17/2013 9:37 AM
Posted by onside on 9/17/2013 9:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Arfy on 9/17/2013 1:11:00 AM (view original):
Can't wait until you join me on the other island, Arfy!
I can't hear you from the other island!
9/17/2013 2:04 PM
late night at work, clues will be sent out between 10:30pm and 11:00pm EST
9/17/2013 8:25 PM
Idol clues have been sent.

Remember, all guesses must be in the forum, first one to guess gets it.  NO EDIT POSTS will be accepted (I don't want any arguments over who had it first).

You must guess the exact location of the idol.

9/17/2013 10:43 PM
Casey,

Are you willing to tell us how many clues were distributed?
9/18/2013 7:09 AM
Nope
9/18/2013 7:40 AM
The idol is hidden in the Bristol County House of Correction
9/18/2013 11:25 AM
Challenge 2: The Auction

Tribe Villains Newbies Heroes
C 0 5 14
1st Lucroy, Mil Molina Molina
2nd Molina, StL Posey Posey
3rd Posey, SF Perez Ruiz
1B 3 8 4
1st Votto, Cin Davis Davis
2nd Fielder, Det Votto Fielder
3rd Freeman, Atl Freeman Votto
2B 3 27 26
1st
Cano, NYY Cano Cano
2nd Carpenter, StL Carpenter Carpenter
3rd Infante, Det Gennett Phillips
SS 3 3 6
1st Ramirez, LAD Tulowitzki Tulowitzki
2nd Tulowitzki, Col Andrus Andrus
3rd Andrus, Tex Desmond Desmond
3B 7 3 3
1st Cabrera, Det Cabrera Cabrera
2nd Zimmerman, Wash Zimmerman Beltre
3rd Headley, SD Beltre Zimmerman
LF 21 3 1
1st Holliday, StL Holiday Harper
2nd Harper, Wash Harper Holliday
3rd Soriano, NYY Soriano J. Upton
CF 48 28 25
1st McCutchen, Pitt McCutchen Trout
2nd Trout, LAA Trout McCutchen
3rd Jones, Bal Jones Jones
RF 3 3 1
1st Werth, Wash Pence Werth
2nd Pence, SF Cuddyer Pence
3rd Cuddyer, Col Victorino Cuddyer
TB 1 12 13 10
TB 2 3 4 5
TB 3 4 4 5
Order Received 1st 2nd 3rd

Linups:

Pos Villains Newbies Heroes
1B Votto Davis Fielder
2B Infante Cano Carpenter
SS Ramirez Andrus Tulowitzki
3B Cabrera Zimmerman Beltre
LF Holiday Harper J. Upton
CF McCutchen Trout A. Jones
RF Werth Pence Cuddyer
C Lucroy Posey Molina
TB 1 12 13 10
TB 2 3 4 5
TB 3 4 4 5
Order Received 1st 2nd 3rd

I have some running around to do today, so I'll check back later this afternoon, to double check any errors or position eligibility issues.  Please post or site mail me if you see any issues.
9/18/2013 12:00 PM (edited)
I'll take some guesses.

In Whitey Bulger's cell in the Plymoth County House of Corrections

At the finish line of the Boston Marathon

9/18/2013 1:05 PM
At the Federal Medical Center in Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's Cell in Mass.

9/18/2013 2:12 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...87 Next ▸
Survivor XIII: Congrats to the champ DUBS!!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.