ODL XLIV "Evaluation" Topic

(while you were away): he's also an unrepentant cheater who has been banned from these themes by common consent
9/20/2013 10:45 PM
don't wanna stir things up again, but how do you "cheat" in these drafts? there's 23 other sets of eyes watching everything.
9/20/2013 10:53 PM
minutes distro manipulation/not starting drafted players
9/20/2013 10:55 PM
And that's why we now have rule 13), that situation dragged on way too long while all parties negotiated with admin. Now you have 3 games to fix it and there'll be no negotiations with admin. You can have the L's changed to W's, but you can't repair an owners stat line. Now the commish has the authority to put a quick end to the damage caused by cheating.
9/21/2013 4:38 AM
Posted by tanguma44 on 9/20/2013 7:47:00 PM (view original):
Best team's thus far 1. Scud 2.The guy from Seattle(jcreed) 3.Thisredbox 4. Cmcafeeky(only for the name) 5. a flip coin between felonious and. Malone... I am pleasantly surprised redbox with your work... just get enough assist if you plan putting Wade in the 1... it will get more difficult also getting more rebounds after this round :) It seems the hiatus has re-energized you Scud you looking like the bad boy I meet in hosiermania's year last year... and by the love of God Ray Allen again!! come on it might. work in the sense of the cap but his D flat out sucks and allow opponents with strong scoring and rebounding SG to kill your team... you might make the playoffs with him but the odds of him winning you a ship are very, very slim...
Odd that you left out beachcomber's team, which is clearly  a strong one.  Hmmmm.  

Seapilots and skypilots are currently in the top 5.  Leibs looking good.  Ash will be good.
I think 3's are pretty important in the ODL and some teams are too light on them.

Nate needed to use pick 2 or 3 on a rebounder or passer.  There are still some great bigs out there though and he can pull this team together with them.
Redbox you now have me confused.  You are REALLY counting on certain guys still being there and I think they will be.  Salary has to be a concern for you with all that defense now!

9/21/2013 10:28 AM
Posted by thisredbox on 9/16/2013 8:45:00 PM (view original):
Maybe we could set up some way for a sort of peanut-gallery to comment on the draft picks? Mayhaps we could sm you our comments on picks to be added, or something. Sort of like how espn or the dp show has fan input. I'd like to give some feedback on picks but I'm in no way the expert you are. I've had pretty nice success, but mostly in OL leagues, so I don't want to overstep my expertise. :)
Please do add all comments you have on picks or teams. That makes it so much more fun.
9/21/2013 11:30 AM
Best team's thus far 1. Scud 2.The guy from Seattle(jcreed) 3.Thisredbox 4. Cmcafeeky(only for the name) 5. a flip coin between felonious and. Malone... I am pleasantly surprised redbox with your work... just get enough assist if you plan putting Wade in the 1... it will get more difficult also getting more rebounds after this round :) It seems the hiatus has re-energized you Scud you looking like the bad boy I meet in hosiermania's year last year... and by the love of God Ray Allen again!! come on it might. work in the sense of the cap but his D flat out sucks and allow opponents with strong scoring and rebounding SG to kill your team... you might make the playoffs with him but the odds of him winning you a ship are very, very slim...
Thanks, tang. I'll take that as a compliment...I think? :)

Hopefully my 4th selection didn't ruin these lofty expectations. Serge fell into the player-type we were looking for (1 point usage, goodish fg%, good reb, and def). I know he can be better used at sf (and Wallace at sg), but he's gonna have to play the 4 this time.
9/21/2013 12:33 PM
My favorite team is now 98avg...not that he needs the praise but porter/moncrief/jones/Gilmore is just very good in a lot of areas. I love moncrief and think he is underrated, was wondering if he'd get taken
9/21/2013 2:41 PM
Posted by badja on 9/21/2013 10:28:00 AM (view original):
Odd that you left out beachcomber's team, which is clearly  a strong one.  Hmmmm.  

Seapilots and skypilots are currently in the top 5.  Leibs looking good.  Ash will be good.
I think 3's are pretty important in the ODL and some teams are too light on them.

Nate needed to use pick 2 or 3 on a rebounder or passer.  There are still some great bigs out there though and he can pull this team together with them.
Redbox you now have me confused.  You are REALLY counting on certain guys still being there and I think they will be.  Salary has to be a concern for you with all that defense now!

“The whole secret lies in confusing the enemy, so that he cannot fathom our real intent.”

- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

9/21/2013 5:05 PM (edited)
Posted by felonius on 9/20/2013 10:45:00 PM (view original):
(while you were away): he's also an unrepentant cheater who has been banned from these themes by common consent
I am still the monkey in your back! am I not! and Since you brought the topic allow to fix your league. "5 out of your 7 pick should start in EVERY game or (82 games a season)! Now, I have been accused of not being a great writer but since I didn't win that specific game... technically I wasn't breaking any rules! ... now what the rules said and still say "you should start. 5 out 7" Now, Mr. Monkey I give classes on Thursday and Sundays feel free to go and learn to read.... and you can take your SIM kiddies with you yeah free of charge... and You better don't give me it is a loophole tactic because having being kicked by loopholes tactics and brought back by loopholes tactics ... you more than anyone should appreciate the cleverness behind... but I know we hate people clever than us don't we? Especially since I have beat up your teams ever since I joined in just about any format... I wonder what monkey would tell felonious my guess is something like this "when did you became a ******* ***** and followed what the crowd said!" lol monkey or felon what is it? I dislike monkey but I respect Monkey for what he stanED I like felonious but I do not respect felonious because he is all talk!
9/21/2013 9:42 PM
Posted by badja on 9/21/2013 10:28:00 AM (view original):

beach who? And yeah getting offensive as always yeah most owners in here are efg% lovers and the only thing they do is attack. but balance is and always will be the best winning formula... but also the most difficult one to build especially in a draft and requires a lot of balls and character to stick to it and not deviate from it... plus there's the coyotes always ready to eat you... and you're welcome by the way feel free to send that ship to my stats since we know now why you and your buddies pushed so hard to get rid of my team... have you won the division have I coached? mmm probably not... have you won a championshop without winning the division? mmm probably not! Had I win the championship havent seapilots got me ****** with his crowd pleasing attitude? mmm probably SI! why? because I would have built a normal championship team... but it is better this way! I can focus in another leagues with the new blood in SIM because trying to reason with a mummy can be a challenging task lol
9/21/2013 10:06 PM
4) ABABAB draft order, 1 pick rounds 1-5, 2 picks round 6. Five (5) 'common use' undrafted bench players (bench players may not be started).
hmm don't see anything saying that if you lose its not a violation. 
could someone please correct me if i'm wrong
9/21/2013 10:12 PM
Posted by smokey57 on 9/21/2013 4:38:00 AM (view original):
And that's why we now have rule 13), that situation dragged on way too long while all parties negotiated with admin. Now you have 3 games to fix it and there'll be no negotiations with admin. You can have the L's changed to W's, but you can't repair an owners stat line. Now the commish has the authority to put a quick end to the damage caused by cheating.
I would guess law school in Harvard isn't what it used to be :) now go back and fix it before someone applies a new tactic which I will give away for free to mess with the bad editing lol yeah, this one was inspired by Vancem hahaha but I have not desire to play in this theme anyhow!
9/21/2013 10:23 PM
Posted by steelers821 on 9/21/2013 10:12:00 PM (view original):
4) ABABAB draft order, 1 pick rounds 1-5, 2 picks round 6. Five (5) 'common use' undrafted bench players (bench players may not be started).
hmm don't see anything saying that if you lose its not a violation. 
could someone please correct me if i'm wrong
Sire, did I won that game as a result of not starting my draft picks? let's put it this way I am letting x team win a battle but like in any battle there's casualties in this case... your win in that battle may cause you to lose that war by wasting too many soldiers(minutes).... but why don't just admit the obvious we dislike the General not the game plan!
9/21/2013 10:33 PM
no i never had a problem with the "general" till his plan was to cheat. and again you didn't lower your guys min you started people who were not drafted which according to rule 4 (bench players may not be started) is illegal.
now please stop commenting on forums for leagues that you are not in  
9/21/2013 10:42 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...8 Next ▸
ODL XLIV "Evaluation" Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.