Iba, D2 Season 67 Topic

So, it is a bit late to start this, but I get to do it. Hope everyone has been having a great recruiting season!
9/13/2013 8:48 PM
One of my best classes in a LONG time. Incarnate Word will be tough in 4 seasons.. Much like hacker last season, I had someone show up on a player I was interested in (twice!) but it worked out. I'll share the details once the parties are no longer recruiting, but I ended up with a guy with ELEVEN high potentials. ELEVEN!!!!! (everything but DEF, which is only average).

9/14/2013 10:28 AM
good to see you get back to winning ways again last year baseballer. Been tough going for me since they took boosters away.
9/14/2013 8:42 PM
Bellarmine only needed one player and signed an IE from Illinois.  It's difficult to recruit with a small budget. I wish Kentucky had more prospects but we only have three DII schools.  Consequently, my entire roster is foreigners..... TN(3); OH (2);; IL (2); WV (2);  and one each from SC, MO, and IN.     I like recruiting in WV but they have an entire conference of DII schools and it's tough to sign players from there. 
9/15/2013 5:08 AM (edited)
Posted by davefilby on 9/14/2013 10:28:00 AM (view original):
One of my best classes in a LONG time. Incarnate Word will be tough in 4 seasons.. Much like hacker last season, I had someone show up on a player I was interested in (twice!) but it worked out. I'll share the details once the parties are no longer recruiting, but I ended up with a guy with ELEVEN high potentials. ELEVEN!!!!! (everything but DEF, which is only average).

So I had my 4 scholarships set to be filled the afternoon of signings with a decent chunk of dough left over. Regrettably, i'd recruited a SG Benjamin Simon the prior season. With an ATH-DEF combo of 16 & 22, he was a foul machine in my full court press. So off he goes.

http://whatifsports.com/hd/RecruitProfile/Ratings.aspx?rid=2838736

Looked around and identified a D-I juco drop down at PF that could really help out the next two seasons. Trade Simon for Bordeaux? Heck yes!

http://whatifsports.com/hd/RecruitProfile/Ratings.aspx?rid=2801419

But of course Navy shows up on him in the same cycle. Not going to beat them. So I do some more looking and settle on a defensively talented Post scorer masquerading as a SF from TN, TImothy Wooden.

http://whatifsports.com/hd/RecruitProfile/Ratings.aspx?rid=2801530

Except bbunch & Longwood were seeking a backup target because a D-I jumped a target of theirs. So now I'm battling for a guy at a distance and prestige disadvantage.

So a little more looking and I notice a D-I school has two players considering for one spot. One is a ranked player, the other a couple cycles later became the newest student at Incarnate Word, Charles Haak. He's got potential. Everywhere.

http://whatifsports.com/hd/RecruitProfile/Ratings.aspx?rid=2800699

9/15/2013 5:19 PM

We only had 2 openings at St. Mary's, but I'm very happy with what we got.  PG Todd Abron from NE will actually play SF after his RS year (hopefully he will take it).  C Arthur Ewing projects as a great defender/athlete, but he could grow into a good scorer too as he is high-high in LP.  All-in-all, a good class.  We really needed 2 bigs, but I had a very hard time finding a second big I liked that I could get.

9/15/2013 6:41 PM
i put money in Wooden too Dave.
9/16/2013 12:20 PM
Posted by hackerhog on 9/16/2013 12:20:00 PM (view original):

If you and bunch are on a guy, he must be good.

9/16/2013 12:56 PM
Posted by davefilby on 9/16/2013 12:56:00 PM (view original):

he's pretty decent - not a star, but definitely a very good role player on a top DII team. Our top guy St. Clair was taken by Lasalle on Day 3 (I was giddy at the chance to sign him)  so we had to go that route. Luckily we still had a lot of recruiting money lying around. 
9/16/2013 3:07 PM
Posted by bbunch on 9/16/2013 3:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by davefilby on 9/16/2013 12:56:00 PM (view original):

he's pretty decent - not a star, but definitely a very good role player on a top DII team. Our top guy St. Clair was taken by Lasalle on Day 3 (I was giddy at the chance to sign him)  so we had to go that route. Luckily we still had a lot of recruiting money lying around. 
St. Clair was the top guy on my board too, you jumped on him right away, and I decided not to even try.  He was someone I had pegged before recruiting started.
9/17/2013 5:06 AM
we're looking to next season at Longwood. Lot of young players with low skills but high/high potentials. We will struggle right now, and I hope we can at least sneak into the NT. 
9/18/2013 9:19 AM
Posted by bbunch on 9/18/2013 9:19:00 AM (view original):
we're looking to next season at Longwood. Lot of young players with low skills but high/high potentials. We will struggle right now, and I hope we can at least sneak into the NT. 
If the first game is any indication, you can insert "Incarnate Word" for "Longwood" in the above.  Our 3 upperclassmen would be overjoyed if we can scratch out an NT berth.
9/18/2013 3:02 PM
big early season match-up tonight with #1 Pfeiffer hosting # 3 U. of the Sciences.  Not even a non-conference tournament, so that's good to see.  Bow, I think you'll get the best of me, but it'll be a good indication on where each team is at.
9/18/2013 3:07 PM
Another big early season matchup in Charlotte tonight as #13 Queens is home to #11 St Rose!!
9/18/2013 10:52 PM
After 2 games, all 6 teams in the Derby City Classic are ranked. I believe this is the first time that's happened.

#6 Bellarmine
#7  Lees-McRae
#13 Pittsburg
#16 Wayne St.
#20 U. of Science
#21 Franklin Pierce
9/19/2013 5:17 AM
1234 Next ▸
Iba, D2 Season 67 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.